What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gould is on the money, he has been screaming that stuff re NRL admin stupidity and ineptitude ... for years. And unfortunately, it is impossible to argue against now the NRL clearly has nothing to show for the hundreds of millions it has somehow spent ... on someone or something... somewhere... ??? Who knows???

so what would you cut and what would you do with it instead?

43.1% club grants
19.1% revenue generation
16.7% grass roots
5.3% Putting Games on
5.6% player welfare and insurances
3.8% admin
Surplus 5.7%

I am certain Gus has had designs on either a commissioner post or actually running the game.

That article by Gould (and the views expressed by Politis yesterday) in my opinion rule both of them out of future involvement in the governing body. I dont hold for one minute its Goulds job as a "journalist" (cough) to write that right now. Its screamingly obvious politics.

To come out in public with such destabilising comments at such a crucial time when the game is in crisis is plain unforgivable.

Yes, the game doesn’t need Nick Politis in any kind of position within it. There are so many superior, smarter candidates we could go with. Why don’t you name a few?

unforgiven

Bench
View attachment 37527

problem is complacency. If you take out the big spike period due to the cruise ship fiascos and landings then we are still climbing in prevalence compared to around March 18th. We’ve been incredibly fortunate so far but it’s when you hit 6-10k and then IF it starts to follow same incidence patterns that we will be in trouble, hopefully the semi isolation period we have now will reduce the likelihood of that happening.
But fact remains if there is a risk of contracting it then the season is a lottery, only takes one player and were cooked.

total cases are still rising
You do realise while ever there are new cases the total cases will be rising? Total cases are the amount of cases we have had in total not the current cases!

shear_joy9

Coach
Can anyone think of another broadcaster televising a major professional sporting code that would have an unfunny fat f**k like sam thaiday interviewing players at the end of games and giving them a "bog" award?

Add to that nine's footy show which imo has turned more people away from the game than towards it.
The sooner rugby league can get away from them the better.

Can anyone think of another broadcaster televising a major professional sporting code that would have an unfunny fat f**k like sam thaiday interviewing players at the end of games and giving them a "bog" award?

Add to that nine's footy show which imo has turned more people away from the game than towards it.
The sooner rugby league can get away from them the better.

I’m so grateful to have no idea what you’re talking about. It took many years, but I’ve had Fox for about five or six seasons now, & I’ll never go back.

Spot On

Coach
Yes, the game doesn’t need Nick Politis in any kind of position within it. There are so many superior, smarter candidates we could go with. Why don’t you name a few?

The typical, short sighted and intellectually challenged league fan does not think that the Roosters are a well run club and that their success has been from years of cheating.

They also believe the NRL has been run like a well-oiled machine. Successful, wealthy game that has developed grass roots footy while having a headline competition the envy of the world over.

I look forward to those people providing a long list of candidates, as you have requested.

Spot On

Coach
so what would you cut and what would you do with it instead?

43.1% club grants
19.1% revenue generation
16.7% grass roots
5.3% Putting Games on
5.6% player welfare and insurances
3.8% admin
Surplus 5.7%

Can you please, in detail, show how the grass roots component has been spent?

In detail please.

Cactus

Juniors

LOL Oh for gods sake. Talk about taking something out of context.

Where did I say "no position within the game"

I actually happen to think Nick is a great club boss for his team and deserves respect for how the Roosters are run.

I just happen to also think what he came out with about points & the restart of the comp was political bullsh!t and he deserves to be nowhere near THE GOVERNING BODY in a position of power.

Capiche ?

LOL Oh for gods sake. Talk about taking something out of context.

Where did I say "no position within the game"

I actually happen to think Nick is a great club boss for his team and deserves respect for how the Roosters are run.

I just happen to also think what he came out with about points & the restart of the comp was political bullsh!t and he deserves to be nowhere near THE GOVERNING BODY in a position of power.

Capiche ?

I understand, & to base that on this one instance (of what is surely trolling anyway), balanced against his decades-long history, is lunacy.

TheFrog

Coach
Gould is on the money, he has been screaming that stuff re NRL admin stupidity and ineptitude ... for years.
...while accepting a nice phat payout from Penrith just 12 months ago.

Dont know how fluid thats going to be if 9 exits broadcasting RL.
Surely they've done their homework and come to the conclusion that Ten doesn't want the NRL, at least not in its current position.

Cactus

Juniors
I understand, & to base that on this one instance (of what is surely trolling anyway), balanced against his decades-long history, is lunacy.

You are mistaken. It was not trolling at all. It is my genuine view on the matter

You seem quite determined to deliberately misinterpret. Good luck to you.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
I've been hearing the same crap from the media conglomerates forever now. Leagues dead, union warchest, fox not bidding, AFL takeover blah blah blah.

Is there another sport in the world that has been exploited and abused the way League is? I don't understand why they fight tooth and nail for the rights but seem to absolutely hate the game.

franklin2323

Immortal
...while accepting a nice phat payout from Penrith just 12 months ago.

Surely they've done their homework and come to the conclusion that Ten doesn't want the NRL, at least not in its current position.

Not just him accepting payouts. He forced several payouts in his time... maybe us members should ask him to use our money better

Reactions: Vee