What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

taipan

Referee
Waiting until the 28th May is gunna be tough .

Like waiting for my 18th birthday when i was 17 , every day seemed like 20 years.

You must have been desperate for your "first" legal shot of beer. Or not having to use a false D/L at a night club. Ah the memories.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Did you crucify mitchell pearce for his numerous f**k ups off the field or did you defend him? Nathan has been stupid here no doubt and should be punished, saying it reflects on him as a selfish dickhead is ridiculous.

‘don’t think Mitchell Pearce has done anything during a pandemic.

Grapple

Bench
we could be getting annoyed about some player drinking his own piss, driving drunk or beating his missus.... Instead, in 2020, it's a fully clothed guy indoors dancing with some chicks in a f**kin TikTok video.

betcats

Referee
‘don’t think Mitchell Pearce has done anything during a pandemic.

Which is why Nathan’s actions are very stupid and worth a bigger punishment then he got, but it’s not him being malicious or disrespecting anyone, just really dumb. It doesn’t make a bad guy, just another dumb footballer.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Did you crucify mitchell pearce for his numerous f**k ups off the field or did you defend him? Nathan has been stupid here no doubt and should be punished, saying it reflects on him as a selfish dickhead is ridiculous.

Yeah I wanted the Roosters to sack Mitchell Pearce after the Australia Day incident, but even then he never did anything to put at risk the running of the competition. There is a global pandemic taking place and whilst we are fortunate that Australia is not as badly affected, Cleary would be well aware of what is at stake if he or any player was to test positive.

Even if he didn't, the negative press that would take place when the NRL have assured the government that the players would be following strict quarantine protocols. I am not going to say anymore and carry on defending your new golden boy. Hopefully for Panthers fans it doesn't end badly like it did for your last couple.

betcats

Referee
Yeah I wanted the Roosters to sack Mitchell Pearce after the Australia Day incident, but even then he never did anything to put at risk the running of the competition. There is a global pandemic taking place and whilst we are fortunate that Australia is not as badly affected, Cleary would be well aware of what is at stake if he or any player was to test positive.

Even if he didn't, the negative press that would take place when the NRL have assured the government that the players would be following strict quarantine protocols. I am not going to say anymore and carry on defending your new golden boy. Hopefully for Panthers fans it doesn't end badly like it did for your last couple.

Blah blah blah I’m sure you never defend roosters players.

Yes he f**ked up nowhere I have denied that. If Nath doesn’t work out we will just bring up the next kid, we have plenty.

GongPanther

Referee
Not surprised Golden Boy wasn't fined by police.
Fine him for not leaving his house? And for all we know, all his friends might have been recently tested for Covid-19, and that might have been told to the police. Who the fook knows in the details.

unforgiven

Bench
Fine him for not leaving his house? And for all we know, all his friends might have been recently tested for Covid-19, and that might have been told to the police. Who the fook knows in the details.
That doesn't matter, there is no exemption if you have been tested. Yes he should be fined for not leaving his house. He invited at lest 5 people into his home which sadly at this time is against the law.

GongPanther

Referee
Lol here comes the panther brigade
Have you read my coments over the past few days? I gave it to Cleary with both barrels. In fact, I was expecting to see all players miss 4 games at least.

This situation is quite different in regards to the video and deserved leniency. The police have informed that he did no wrong after my quote you posted.

Nathan was very apologetic, and the weight of this situation will hit him hard when he realises he not only let himself down, but the whole code.

GongPanther

Referee
That doesn't matter, there is no exemption if you have been tested. Yes he should be fined for not leaving his house. He invited at lest 5 people into his home which sadly at this time is against the law.
That is what the police stated, And further, his friends might have been simply warned.

Latest posts