What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 R4 Sat - Eels 19-16 Sea Eagles @ Bankwest

Round 4: Eels v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol. I haven't. It just has nothing to do with the application of the rule given the way it is written.

If the refs cannot follow it because of its difficulty in making judgement, either get technology to help or change the rule. Simple. Happens far too often unfortunately.

I never said it was a legal pass or not. So don’t think you understood what I wrote.

Fans have been arguing about forward passes or not since 1908. Won’t stop anytime soon. I don’t know if technology will help. Just gotta trust the refs.

But in saying that it’s easy to be neutral when you’re watching two teams you don’t follow. If I was a parra fan I could be adamant it should have been ruled forward. If I was Manly I’d argue “backwards out of the hands”.. Whatever the decision is - either side could be filthy on it.

There was a camera angle the bunker could have used, but for some reason, some rulings such as forward passes can't be checked. So why have it in the first place when some other ruling can be disputed, which could lead to a last minute win?

They were able to rule on it years ago (video refs that is) but withdrew it.

mave

Coach
I never said it was a legal pass or not. So don’t think you understood what I wrote.

Fans have been arguing about forward passes or not since 1908. Won’t stop anytime soon. I don’t know if technology will help. Just gotta trust the refs.

But in saying that it’s easy to be neutral when you’re watching two teams you don’t follow. If I was a parra fan I could be adamant it should have been ruled forward. If I was Manly I’d argue “backwards out of the hands”.. Whatever the decision is - either side could be filthy on it.

Sensible post, except for the fact that a ball is allowed to travel foward if it is thrown backwards out of the hands.

The ball clearly travelled foward. No doubt about it.

The ball was clearly passed backwards though.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It sucks that Manly copped that forward pass call, but we copped some doozies against us, too...

Anyway - what's done, is done.

Tough break, Manly.

Sensible post, except for the fact that a ball is allowed to travel foward if it is thrown backwards out of the hands.

The ball clearly travelled foward. No doubt about it.

The ball was clearly passed backwards though.

absolutely - not arguing with the rule, and stated that earlier.

Valheru

Coach
The pass was backwards but as turbo said, when you are behind with 30 seconds to go you have made your bed. There is plenty manly could have done different to win that game.

GongPanther

Referee
2 refs doesn't solve that. The touchie made a bad call, but they made plenty of them last year as well.

Touchie knows he stuffed up too judging by his interaction with DCE
The Fox team started that 2 refs bullshit as soon as they crossed to them after the match. That is bare faced damage control by just telling the public anything via a phone call from the NRL.

mave

Coach
The pass was backwards but as turbo said, when you are behind with 30 seconds to go you have made your bed. There is plenty manly could have done different to win that game.

Like score another legitimate try during the allocated 80 minutes of the game ?

Cause I think we did that already.

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Yeah Manly blew a ton of chances. Just sucks to see such a bad decision at a key time

Valheru

Coach

Manly have a winning culture.

Yeah it sucks that decision cost them but deep down Des knows they weren't good enough for most of the game and they will be better for it.

T-Boon

Coach

Look the pass went forward and was ruled forward what else do you want. This isn't bush week.

mozza91

Coach
I thought Fox League were all about not harping on the calls under the new 1 Ref system? I’ve seen 800 replays of the pass since full time.

T-Boon

Coach
Even considering the forward pass that went forward and was called forward Parra won the game and I don't think they even practiced attack through the week. Pretty ordinary in that department. Overall we are a strong unit at the moment. We seem like winners.

Latest posts