What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

carcharias

Immortal
Oh how I worry and am getting concerned about the welfare of certain members as Harold Holt Day in a Leagueless season will soon approach.

I see many turning to the excesses of alcohol and shall I say it .......... ummm social drug taking.

We really do need the miracle that is the Apollo Mission NRL style and this being Easter Sunday I shall kneel amongst all the discarded easter egg wrappings and pray for their souls.

hey quigs big day in the kitchen here
I’ve pulled out the left over Xmas ham bone and excess meat for pea and ham soup.
Probably for dinner.
I know you like that one.
Also
Doing roast chicken and a little Lamb mini roast with veg and gravy for lunch.

Staying off the piss and drugs today.

Quigs

Immortal
True story Carch - roast lamb n gravy - you bastard (still on me healthy eating thang)

Wife and I bought a reasonably sized leg ham for Chrissy. The bastard is still sitting in the downstairs fridge unopened.

But yes it is getting close to the pea n ham again. As you know I do bulk. Keeps me regular for months. Lucky my farts don't stink.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
True story Carch - roast lamb n gravy - you bastard (still on me healthy eating thang)

Wife and I bought a reasonably sized leg ham for Chrissy. The bastard is still sitting in the downstairs fridge unopened.

But yes it is getting close to the pea n ham again. As you know I do bulk. Keeps me regular for months. Lucky my farts don't stink.
i think others should be the judge of whether your farts stink ya Quigs

Quigs

Immortal
I made a rice pudding in my air fryer yesterday. Came out tops. Next to no sugar but I loved it.

Bugger the recipe books, I just threw it all together to see how it came out. Big scoops of cooked brown rice - three eggs - milk - one dessert spoon of white death (sugar) and a big splash of vanilla essence.

Wacked it into a glass oven bowl and threw it into my air fryer. Went for 15mins and then did about another 10 minutes after that.

Made that much that I will be eating it for a few more days, but hey, I am not complaining.

carcharias

Immortal
I made beef jerky the other day.
First go.
Need to slice them a bit thinner before smoking drying.
Came out great though.
Still eating it.
5D76D7D5-1F60-4E60-A9C9-B83852C355B3.jpeg

Hamburgeasa
Dont be fooled by the plain looking.
A beautiful waygu burger with some spanish onion, lettuce, fetta, burger pickles on a fresh toasted bun with butter. All with the special sauce, mayo, mustard and chilli sauces mixed.
They are beautiful.

hamburgeasa 1.jpg hamburgeasa 2.jpg

carcharias

Immortal
Hamburgeasa
Dont be fooled by the plain looking.
A beautiful waygu burger with some spanish onion, lettuce, fetta, burger pickles on a fresh toasted bun with butter. All with the special sauce, mayo, mustard and chilli sauces mixed.
They are beautiful.

View attachment 38525 View attachment 38526
Homemade burgers are the best.

I’ve got a mate and his family coming over tonight
First time since pre COVID.
I’m home today so I’m doing a Thai massaman beef in the slow cooker.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Karaage chicken done 2 ways. Couldn’t get potato starch so experimentsed. Darker chicken coated in DEB!! Lighter coated in tapioca starch. Both triple fried @ 1.5 minutes - drain, 1.5 minutes - drain, 1 minute.

tapioca was way tastier but DEB way crunchier

just some rice and a Japanese style fake crab salad with Ponzu dressing

hit the spot!

DAA22AE5-E670-44A4-B903-0385491AE20F.jpeg

Frenzy.

Immortal
Right.

Here is the mise en place ready to go for tonight

Image-1.png

The proteins are a secret for now.

Gonna be bigger than Ben Hur

Also going to be the biggest wank fest ever JUST FOR QUIGS!

Last nights simple fair was just a scotch fillet, mushier, onion rings, chips and some chow sum.

IMG_3928.JPG

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have no idea what that is... Looks good. Ever had a crack at Pho? I'm doing one this week.

Not had a go at pho but it is on the list.

That lot became this. Photos don't tell how good this shyte tasted. Been practicing cooking during COVID-19. Plating can GGF - no good at it

Entree - Coconut, lemongrass scallops with lime and chilli

Image-1-1.jpg

Main was a version of a surf and turf

Mid rare scotch fillet slow cooked in the oven with paragon and black pepper butter

Topped with lobster tail poached in a butter cream sauce

Garlic prawns in tomato/parsley sauce

Coconut rice

Image-1-2.jpg

Latest posts