What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

sharknows

Bench
I've been on the whole food diet thingy since 1st Nov last year. Now dropped 10kg and 'me blood pressure has come right down and the big thing is my sugar is running at between 5 and 6 down from the high 9's.

Break out every now and then and eat some of the naughty stuff but in general love the diet.

Today I had a pizza made on the lebanese bread, it was fantastic. Also had cherry yonana (healthy soft serve ice cream thing) with walnuts and nectrine. In ice cream scoop terms it was the equivilant too maybe 4 scoops. Love the stuff as it nulifies my sweet tooth urge.
Shoulda took a pic or two.
Good stuff Quigs! I really should follow your lead.......maybe tomorrow :thinking:

Quigs

Immortal
Oh I did I mention No Piss. Been off the alcohol now for zonks.

It's pointless giving it a crack if youse are still intending to throw schooners down your necks.

You really need to become dull and boring for it to work.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I'm giving the low carb thing a run, zero to low carb beer even. The missus has gone full Keto, I'm just cutting back on carbs at this point.

I cooked a pretty impressive (taste wise) Spag Bog using zucchini for the pasta on Saturday. Will be a staple for a few weeks. Also don't mind replacing rice with cauliflower either, not as bad a substitute as you would think. so far it's all good.

carcharias

Immortal
I'm giving the low carb thing a run, zero to low carb beer even. The missus has gone full Keto, I'm just cutting back on carbs at this point.

I cooked a pretty impressive (taste wise) Spag Bog using zucchini for the pasta on Saturday. Will be a staple for a few weeks. Also don't mind replacing rice with cauliflower either, not as bad a substitute as you would think. so far it's all good.
We do both those a fair bit.
Obviously if I was single there is no way I’d be doing it.
:grinning:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I do not do photos.

But if I ever want to make my daughter happy.

Poached eggs on vegemite toast, then topped with cheese and grilled, little salt and pepper and a few sprigs of spring onion.

Then tell my your troubles child.

Loves her Dad that one, such an Aussie girl.

coolumsharkie

Referee
We do both those a fair bit.
Obviously if I was single there is no way I’d be doing it.
:grinning:

I was sick of feeling bloated most of the time, had a few mates that were forced into reducing carbs for immediate health reasons and their stories inspired me to give it a whirl.

I give it a thumbs up at the moment, I'm not going to give up potatoes (because I love em) but just cut waaaay back on them. There's a few other things like Chicken stuffing and SUGAR , things like that.. Dark Chocolate gets the green light though.

carcharias

Immortal
I was sick of feeling bloated most of the time, had a few mates that were forced into reducing carbs for immediate health reasons and their stories inspired me to give it a whirl.

I give it a thumbs up at the moment, I'm not going to give up potatoes (because I love em) but just cut waaaay back on them. There's a few other things like Chicken stuffing and SUGAR , things like that.. Dark Chocolate gets the green light though.

been making my own cereal for a few years now.
Only about 1/2 of a cup for breaky.
I pinched this off Michelle bridges.
My missus did - I make it.
It fills you up so you are not hungry until lunch.
I used to eat “just right” until found out how much sugar was in it.
In this recipe I do t use the apricot- I did at first but the bridges version didn’t have it.
I add a bit of dairy free coconut yoghurt and a bit of mango or strawberries.
Just an aldi rip off brand. Cocolicious yoghurt.
It’s bloody beautiful.

F458064D-983C-40E0-BAC0-EA21A33D5B54.jpeg
1D125811-83AD-4F87-95BA-119BAA570C48.jpeg

Quigs

Immortal
Actually munching of a slow cooked curry chook right this very moment. I threw in a heap of chic peas but I didn't soak them long enough but hey, they still taste alright.

Infact I am quite enjoying them. Crunchy lil farhkerrs

Early munchies as you can't go the full 70 on a full tum.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I'm cooking nuffin!

Couldn't get any decent protein. In fact, didn't look too hard either after going to Coles at Engo and seeing NO MEAT in the meat section

NONE.

I'm cooking nuffin!

Couldn't get any decent protein. In fact, didn't look too hard either after going to Coles at Engo and seeing NO MEAT in the meat section

NONE.
Local butchers are the go.
Plenty of everything, mine even made up some beef mince on the spot for me.
I'm off my seafood diet at the moment.
Good mince makes good Bolognese.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Local butchers are the go.
Plenty of everything, mine even made up some beef mince on the spot for me.
I'm off my seafood diet at the moment.
Good mince makes good Bolognese.

Already had the shits by the time I thought of going to Stapos. It's also not open at 20:00 when Ive been getting home

Already had the shits by the time I thought of going to Stapos. It's also not open at 20:00 when Ive been getting home
Fair enough.
Do you go past Sans Souci?
The Supabarn there has a great meat section, good butchers on site, it's open until 10pm.
In saying that, there is obviously no guarantees in today's climate that there'll be anything there

After todays GF win call I had no one to celebrate with so I went back to my ole fave, pizza.
I'm f**king blind
Still
there's nothing better than drunk pizza, and I didnt even have to leave homepizza tonight.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Oh how I worry and am getting concerned about the welfare of certain members as Harold Holt Day in a Leagueless season will soon approach.

I see many turning to the excesses of alcohol and shall I say it .......... ummm social drug taking.

We really do need the miracle that is the Apollo Mission NRL style and this being Easter Sunday I shall kneel amongst all the discarded easter egg wrappings and pray for their souls.