What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steve Renouf endures racial abuse throughout career at Brisbane

mozza91

Coach
What a terrible experience. Copping that from your own teammates would be horrible.

You’d like to think that Rugby League and society have moved on from that type of disgusting rhetoric and massive credit to Renouf to become such a great player whilst surrounded by that type of shit.

hrundi99

First Grade
Wow so well said mate. If only all of us would take the time to see through this divide and conquer carp that is being propagated on the West by powerful agitators like George Soros who fund all these racist and communist organisations like Black Lives Matter. Or the Hollywood lefty propaganda machine that never stops.

I mean I just watched Watchmen which has been just given a record 26 Emmy nominations and I am not surprised at all why it got all those nominations. It wasn't a bad show but it wasn't great either, but what it was was fuelled with white racism crap. More fuel on the fire stuff to keep the black man seeing himself as a victim, creating more hate within all our communities and further civil unrest. By giving it that many nominations they guaranteed it would get maximum exposure and do its job perfectly.

Cheers mate.

You're a moron.

TheRam

Coach
Don’t get me started on that BLM nonsense..

I know right, and so many well meaning, but uninformed people support this communist/fascist hate spewing group without reservation. If only we weren't a headline reading or social media browsing society that gets most of their news from these polluted cesspits.

And you can't help show them the a different perspective either. They just don't want to know. Even when you are showing them actual quotes or videos of leading members admitting to their communistic revolutionary goals to bring down our western societies. It is just ignored and may even get stroppy with you and play the man instead of what has been shown to them.

It's there in plain sight, these groups aren't scared to hide it anymore. They feel emboldened by having infiltrated the MSM, universities and most political parties and no one is actually stopping them so they have a sense right now that they have the upper hand and the numbers to win.

Who knows, if the rest of us don't actually do something and get off our collective fat arse they actually might.

TheRam

Coach
You're a moron.

There you go, you just proved my previous post. Just attack the man. No debate necessary. Cool dude, you're so virtuous and anyone who doesn't agree with you is evil and must be silenced and cancelled or at the very least insulted.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Racially abusing an opposition player - Terrible
Racially abusing your own player - Terrible and incomprehensible

As an Immigrant to this country, I have never really understood the hate towards indigenous people. One of the most puzzling things in this country.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I've been racially abused on the footy field and in classrooms (for being Aboriginal). There was a time I got all sad, emotional and distressed about it.

After a while, I learnt 'these b*stards know I am better'. From then on, the attitude was to be ruthless and ensure I won no matter what. Then after it, shake their hands, smile, and be classy. Because no matter what those b*stards say or do, they will never ever beat me.

I honestly wish more Indigenous sports men took some perspective in this: you are racially abused as a form of sledging. It is because the opposition knows it is the last thing they have over you to put you off your game. So read between the lines... the fact they are bringing up race means they are inadvertently acknowledging you are the superior player. So don't put the head down and cry nor throw punches... tear them apart on the field, and then rub it in by being respectful to them after you've humiliated them on the field.

You sir are a legend BUT not everyone's has as tough skin as you. I believe racial abuse should never be accepted, whether it's black to white or white to black, immigrant to 6 generation aussie or 6 generation aussie to new immigrant.

blue bags

First Grade
the abusers will be, should be holding there head in shame,
absolutely disgraceful behavior
i could go on, but feel i dont need to. and i have a sneaky feeling about who 1 of the abusers is-was
Steve was a 17 year indigenous kid from the bush-country league, moved the big city, big team, big league, away from his community, family WOW, im sure he got the support, cause he turned out being a top player and bloke , thanku , all the very best Steve ;)

ACTPanthers

Bench
"Little Aboriginal" was what the locals at the pub my mum and I lived in when I was young used to call me. It wasn't until I was older that it dawned on me that it was derogatory, but they never, and I say this with 100% conviction, meant it in that way. It was just the way it was back then.

I am not, in any way shape or form, condoning racism. And will state openly that blatant racism is alive and kicking in Australia today. But I think a lot of it is just a hangover of days past. We're slowly getting more educated on racism, and more people are calling out blatant racists in public forums.

In short, we're getting there. The rusted on racists who carry their parents views on the "aboriginals" that cause them angst, are dwindling and the more educated and accepting generation are starting to take over.

hrundi99

First Grade
There you go, you just proved my previous post. Just attack the man. No debate necessary. Cool dude, you're so virtuous and anyone who doesn't agree with you is evil and must be silenced and cancelled or at the very least insulted.

You are just spewing conspiracy theorist right-wing BS and you think you're being logical and moderate.

You're clearly a narcissist and/or flat out racist if you can watch Watchmen and the historical facts it covered (the 1921 massacre in Tulsa) and the ongoing Klan issues etc and not have some level of empathy for the situation.

You are over-simplifying the issue so that you feel your narrow-minded response is a justified reaction.

Virtue signalling and all the other bigot BS terms (Marxist! Comrade! Antifa! Soros!) only go to show how much the likes of you have a massive hole in your psychology when it comes to caring about other people and being community focused. You are selfish and self-centred.

perverse

Referee
Wow. Just wow. How can something be communist and fascist? They are opposite ends of the political spectrum. I think the word you're looking for is authoritarian. Also you're a lunatic, and the people that liked your posts should be really embarrassed. Not only have they shown their hand as conspiracy theory whackos, but they've shown they don't understand even the most basic level of politics.

Show me all this proof you have of the "communist fascist George Soros agenda". I eagerly await all the YouTube videos with ~2000 views.

_Johnsy

Referee
Wow. Just wow. How can something be communist and fascist? They are opposite ends of the political spectrum. I think the word you're looking for is authoritarian. Also you're a lunatic, and the people that liked your posts should be really embarrassed. Not only have they shown their hand as conspiracy theory whackos, but they've shown they don't understand even the most basic level of politics.

Show me all this proof you have of the "communist fascist George Soros agenda". I eagerly await all the YouTube videos with ~2000 views.
Ignore function is key.

GongPanther

Referee
I also think race gets too much attention in sports. Maybe for the click bait or to stir up racial tension in the community.

My sporting experience was overwhelmingly fantastic. Anything negative I might have thought about white people or pacific islanders was instantly eradicated because I loved and the respected the hell out of my team mates, and I can say it was the same for them with me being seen as a man, and not an Aboriginal. Sports brought us together, even though a minority could try to ruin the fun and divide us all.

Media wankers on the far left and far right just want to sell papers, and their own personal brand, by keeping us hating each other and pointing the finger at each other.
Thank you for that wonderful insight WW.

Aragorn

First Grade
"Little Aboriginal" was what the locals at the pub my mum and I lived in when I was young used to call me. It wasn't until I was older that it dawned on me that it was derogatory, but they never, and I say this with 100% conviction, meant it in that way. It was just the way it was back then.

I am not, in any way shape or form, condoning racism. And will state openly that blatant racism is alive and kicking in Australia today. But I think a lot of it is just a hangover of days past. We're slowly getting more educated on racism, and more people are calling out blatant racists in public forums.

In short, we're getting there. The rusted on racists who carry their parents views on the "aboriginals" that cause them angst, are dwindling and the more educated and accepting generation are starting to take over.

yeah it’s all about raising awareness you racist c unts

next decade sexism will be the new rage, and everyone will be up in arms that we use the word c unt so freely...

c unts

some11

Referee
yeah it’s all about raising awareness you racist c unts

next decade sexism will be the new rage, and everyone will be up in arms that we use the word c unt so freely...

c unts
merkin is unique in Australia tho, and it hardly ever applies to a woman for being a woman.

The casualisation of it has watered it down to either a light hearted greeting amongst mates or an idiot regardless of what you are.

Aragorn

First Grade
Here’s a question

is the term W o g racist ?

back in the day you wouldn’t blink an eye calling someone that but these days...

I guess it’s in the context of how the word is used

is the word Chinamen racist? And if not, why not ?

Latest posts