What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arthur's losses until 50%

Soto

Bench
We lost 12 games in 2014 and 19 games the year before. This year we have lost 3 games, after losing 10 last year (plus a finals match). The year before that we lost 18 games. We are definitely improving. But you can't expect to improve indefinitely. The salary cap ensures that. Eventually you'll have to do worse than you did the year before (like us in 2018). Hopefully you can move past it quickly, like we did last year.
BS Pou...
Storm and Roosters have maintained their high standards for years going into decades now.
Attention to detail, smart recruitment..
Oh sombrero helps too or 2 sets of books

IFR33K

Coach
We lost 12 games in 2014 and 19 games the year before. This year we have lost 3 games, after losing 10 last year (plus a finals match). The year before that we lost 18 games. We are definitely improving. But you can't expect to improve indefinitely. The salary cap ensures that. Eventually you'll have to do worse than you did the year before (like us in 2018). Hopefully you can move past it quickly, like we did last year.

We’ve only been waiting 7 years and have another 3 years. I’ll eagerly await.

We’ve had a dream draw this year to date. We’ve only left Sydney once IIRC and playing often out of bankwest.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
I do find it hard to believe that BA will be our longest serving coach.
He has had to endure some absolute shithouse situations. Probably should've been shown the door at the end of 2018 if we are fair dinkum.
Lots of emotion when parra loses particularly when most expect us to win.
Unless he wins us a comp or has made us a consistent top 4 team by the time his contract is up he should not be extended.
Hopefully the players and coaching staff can remedy the performances of the last 5 or so weeks and come out ready to take the Storm on.
Storm love ambushing us. Not sure if they circle the game against us in the calendar or put a laughing emoji there but seem to just penetrate us in more ways than one.
Coaching staff can happily read the 583 or so pages of what they need to fix for the upcoming game and the rest of the season..they have the rest of the weekend free.
Hoping we see game plans to beat the opposition instead of run hard, tackle hard.
Saints executed their game plan really well last night
I am not sure what you are looking for when you say "consistent top 4 team".
Does that mean you want us in the top 4 every year?

In the last 5 years only 2 teams have been a consistent top 4 side, Roosters and Storm, although the Roosters also finished 15th in 2016. No other team has been in the top 4 more than twice in those 5 years and the teams that did it twice were Sharks, Souths, Raiders, Brisbane, and Nth Qld. And except for the Raiders, each of these teams have had a question mark over their cap in one way or another over that time.

We are in the second half of this season in 3rd spot and looking likely of holding a top 4 spot come finals time. We will add this year to a 4th and a 5th place finish over the same period. Panthers, Manly and Newcastle haven't made the top 4 once in the last 5 years.

Soto

Bench
I am not sure what you are looking for when you say "consistent top 4 team".
Does that mean you want us in the top 4 every year?

In the last 5 years only 2 teams have been a consistent top 4 side, Roosters and Storm, although the Roosters also finished 15th in 2016. No other team has been in the top 4 more than twice in those 5 years and the teams that did it twice were Sharks, Souths, Raiders, Brisbane, and Nth Qld. And except for the Raiders, each of these teams have had a question mark over their cap in one way or another over that time.

We are in the second half of this season in 3rd spot and looking likely of holding a top 4 spot come finals time. We will add this year to a 4th and a 5th place finish over the same period. Panthers, Manly and Newcastle haven't made the top 4 once in the last 5 years.
Ok mate...
Pretty obvious what i said...yes top 4 side every year...can i put it any other way.
No more fkn spoons and genuinely competing for the comp every year like the storm and roosters..that's what i want the club to aspire to and be..
And quite frankly i don't care about the other clubs because apart from us, GC, Canberra and Warriors every other club has won a premiership in the last 20 years...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
BS Pou...
Storm and Roosters have maintained their high standards for years going into decades now.
Attention to detail, smart recruitment..
Oh sombrero helps too or 2 sets of books
Well we don't have a sombrero so we need to stop thinking we can achieve that level of consistent success. We should be looking at the Sharks, Cowboys and Bunnies as teams that can have a period where they're a genuine chance three or four years in a row and hope to jag one during that time. And then during their rebuilding period still be a chance of making the finals.

Just changing the coach isn't going to turn us into the StormChickens.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We’ve only been waiting 7 years and have another 3 years. I’ll eagerly await.
Yeah sacking merkins is the answer. It's done so much for us since 1986.
We’ve had a dream draw this year to date. We’ve only left Sydney IIRC and playing often out of bankwest.
Good. If we're going to win the comp we need every advantage we can get.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How long are we going to keep mentioning the cap rorts? There shouldn’t be anymore excuses
If merkins are going to judge our coach over his entire tenure then it would be foolish in the extreme to pretend it didn't happen.

Any response that points it out is exactly that. A response to others going off their tits after only our third loss this year.

Keep the faith. Our last two games have been in supremely shitty weather which has stifled our attack. I reckon we'll finish the season strongly.

Soto

Bench
If merkins are going to judge our coach over his entire tenure then it would be foolish in the extreme to pretend it didn't happen.

Any response that points it out is exactly that. A response to others going off their tits after only our third loss this year.

Keep the faith. Our last two games have been in supremely shitty weather which has stifled our attack. I reckon we'll finish the season strongly.
Yes extremely shitty weather but the opposition have played to the conditions alot better.
It is only our 3rd loss of the season but it hasn't looked pretty for 5 or 6 weeks now.
Fingers crossed we wake from our slumber.
Or is it a form slump?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Ok mate...
Pretty obvious what i said...yes top 4 side every year...can i put it any other way.
No more fkn spoons and genuinely competing for the comp every year like the storm and roosters..that's what i want the club to aspire to and be..
So why are you unhappy with us being in 3rd place this year and ahead of 4th by two wins? Makes no sense.

...and the Roosters and the Storm don't genuinely compete for the comp every year. Thats bullshit.

And quite frankly i don't care about the other clubs
Except for the Storm and Roosters.

because apart from us, GC, Canberra and Warriors every other club has won a premiership in the last 20 years...
Oh, and three other clubs as well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes extremely shitty weather but the opposition have played to the conditions alot better.
It is only our 3rd loss of the season but it hasn't looked pretty for 5 or 6 weeks now.
Fingers crossed we wake from our slumber.
Or is it a form slump?
Its definitely a form slump. But I'm pretty impressed that we've been in every game during that period. God f**ken help the rest of the comp if we find our form again.

Soto

Bench
So why are you unhappy with us being in 3rd place this year and ahead of 4th by two wins? Makes no sense.

...and the Roosters and the Storm don't genuinely compete for the comp every year. Thats bullshit.

Except for the Storm and Roosters.

Oh, and three other clubs as well.
On fire...lol
Calm down mate and read the post again.
I'm not unhappy abt being 3rd. I want us to consistently be a top 4 team.
Yes storm and roosters do compete for the comp every year and want to emulate them..

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
On fire...lol
Calm down mate and read the post again.
I'm not unhappy abt being 3rd. I want us to consistently be a top 4 team.
Yes storm and roosters do compete for the comp every year and want to emulate them..
So why are you blowing up after a loss when we are still in the Top 4? It makes no sense.

We've been consistently Top 4 all year so we are fullfilling your expectations. Why soil your pants now?

Soto

Bench
So why are you blowing up after a loss when we are still in the Top 4? It makes no sense.

We've been consistently Top 4 all year so we are fullfilling your expectations. Why soil your pants now?
Whatever sweetheart.
I'm fine where we sit. Not happy how we are playing. If i could write it more slower and simpler for you i would

Latest posts