What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 108 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 115 51.6%

• Total voters

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I hit 88 at Meadowbrook today, not a great course but one of the few we can get on at the moment with groups of 4. Putted like a total mincer. Pretty good striding out in an Eels Polo in Brisbane after giving the Donkey's a quality rogering.
Not too shabby.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The sprinkler on the 3rd didn't help either...

giphy.gif

Eelementary

Post Whore
It’s been a wild ride. How’s everyone feeling now ?

I think I've always felt he was the man for the job.

He joined a basketcase of a club, and had to set out, in his early years, to:

* manage some monster egos (Radradra, Hayne, etc.)

* undo years of poor on-field discipline, and presumably sub-par training regimens (prior to BA arriving, we often looked small, and unfit, imo)

* wrestle control for his team away from self-serving bureaucrats in the back office

Arthur has at times struggled to either implement smarter gameplans, or enforce them; but he is learning.

His recruitment, overall, has been very, very good; money aside, it shows me that players have a high regard of him.

Foran, RCG, Blake, Ferguson, Moses, Nathan Brown, Michael Jennings...all high quality players, signed to the Eels in their career primes.

He's not a perfectly polished coach, but considering all the shit that has gone on behind the scenes, I think he's done a pretty damn good job.

Gronk

Staff member
Heard on 2MMM Brent Read say that some of the Dogs board want a gritty coach like BA.

So do you f**king want him or not ?

CK13LqPK7wtadzIZzM7k69taZU47o1zem2rhc9kM53CFyJfenFDN48igrRSb0DZRkw1wLrHwtMvCB2Oh_k_eB3nZPgyp0VPQeG9GwFzvrJZP6weYb0Rgf6hVxZgm95XNGNVAc040_bXei9VZXzyJ_5Nqvsg=w200-h126

Suitman

Post Whore
Zero tackle has him under contract for 2021. Hands off you dirty dogs.

It was only two days ago that it was reported they were after Bellamy.
Isn't there enough footy news with games going on without these clowns just making shite up?

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't think the issue is neccessarily with BA, but it's an issue with the entire collective of coaching staff.

Either the assistants will need to be different people or the Head Coach will need to be a different person if we're going to be a genuine contender.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't think the issue is neccessarily with BA, but it's an issue with the entire collective of coaching staff.

Either the assistants will need to be different people or the Head Coach will need to be a different person if we're going to be a genuine contender.

But the buck stops with the Head Coach, and he is simply not enough.