What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Yeah I’d be shocked if we got either but just putting it out there. Green would be great for Sullivan, a guiding hand and game manager to allow him to use his flair.

Agreed but unfortunately we missed the boat. Green is a terrific game manager and we should've sussed him out a few weeks back before he agreed to go to the Knights and then the Dogs.

denis preston

First Grade
The only forwards that are worth persisting with are Hunt McInness Kerr.
I would not care if we lost any of the others.
I can't understand the rape on Ford either thou he did play better last night.
Host does not excite me.
Laurie has a good work rate but does not have any penetration.
And the other so called State of Origen players only play when it suits them.
Our wingers definitely have a go but are not quick enough.
In fairness to all of them our lateral game plan is pathetic.

Jesus glass half empty post Thomo ! Host & Ford's bodies are starting to mature & their meters this year reflects this. Must keeps and they wont break the bank. Host runs the best lines for a forward and just needs better delivery. The SOO forwards need a breath of fresh air that a new coach will provide. The wingers don't matter in the scheme of things but i will concede that as good a dig Perera has ( and he is out side Aitkin ) he has been found wanting when given overlap opportunities due lack of acceleration.
As someone much wiser than me said "it is not as bad as you think or as good as you think "

Dragon David

First Grade
Fox sports doing an exclusive news break after the Panthers V Tigers game about Bennett returning to the Broncos as coach.

I wonder if this is fair dinkum or Bennett games.
The Broncos just don't know if they are coming or going if they are thinking of signing up Bennett again.

They could not wait to get rid of him for Seibold and - if rumours come to fruition - they want him back. Will that mean that Boyd will stay at the club?

Gareth67

First Grade
Fox sports doing an exclusive news break after the Panthers V Tigers game about Bennett returning to the Broncos as coach.

I wonder if this is fair dinkum or Bennett games.

I believe that is where Bennett’s heart truly lies - with the Brisbane Broncos . But a lot of water has passed under the bridge since 2018 . That along with some ill feeling on both sides when Bennett was forced out .( as he apparently wanted so as to collect his payout )

So I really dont see the man returning there ,too much bad blood .

BIG RIG

Juniors
RUMOUR

Rumour is that the Dragons have made the decision on who will coach for the next three years

No names mentioned but only guarantee is that it will not be Dean Young

Also noted is that the club will hand over a document of 30 + potential recruitment targets from both the NRL and Super League to the incoming coach and the coach will have say on roster changes for 2021

I'm Hornby

Juniors
RUMOUR

Rumour is that the Dragons have made the decision on who will coach for the next three years

Also noted is that the club will hand over a document of 30 + potential recruitment targets from both the NRL and Super League to the incoming coach and the coach will have say on roster changes for 2021

Any word as to timing of the coaching announcement at all?

Gareth67

First Grade
RUMOUR

I am truly surprised , it would seem that not only a decent coach ( perhaps wishful thinking on my part ) is about to be announced , but also the icing on the cake is they will actually be recruiting some new blood . Let’s hope that they are skillful and tough .

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors
Just saw an article on nrl.com saying within a week apparently, it also mentions Fitzgibbon has withdrawn and that improves Young's chances. Yuck.

"meets all the criteria"

Tell us more about all the young players he's bought through? It's 0.

Defence focused. 15th last year and near worst defence in league.

Winning culture. Assisted the worst run in Sti history...

Fmd why can't a journalist actually call this shit out.