What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

The_Frog

First Grade
Tigers confirm Marshall won't be at club in 2021 as Benji plans to play on
This is a bloke who did something last game that no other NRL player has been able to do since round 1 in March. If he wants to play the club he took to its only title should accommodate him.

WA Tiger

Bench
This is a bloke who did something last game that no other NRL player has been able to do since round 1 in March. If he wants to play the club he took to its only title should accommodate him.
What did he do last game for first time since March. I missed that

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Ah let him go..Prob be happier and even more effective..WT can build the team around Brooks ..see how that gos

stryker

First Grade
The tigers confirm that they will keep Brooks and Reynolds on 1.6million a season but have to cut Marshal due to cap pressure?
Fcken idiots...

The Rosco

Bench
So should he be given another contract because he set up a try against penrith in the first 20 minutes of a game for the first time since March, or should he be given that contract because of something as trivial as winning a title with his club ?
Mate, my team ain't leading the comp . . . but even if it were, I'd still try and hold back such log flogging comments. Not saying I would, but I'd at least try.
Are you a rhyno alt ?

Rhyno

First Grade
So should he be given another contract because he set up a try against penrith in the first 20 minutes of a game for the first time since March, or should he be given that contract because of something as trivial as winning a title with his club ?
Mate, my team ain't leading the comp . . . but even if it were, I'd still try and hold back such log flogging comments. Not saying I would, but I'd at least try.
Are you a rhyno alt ?

I’ve already had my say on this in main forum about how disgusted I am with the lack of Loyalty the club has shown it’s greatest player ever
Tigers have never made a finals series without Marshall in the team and this how they treat him

WA Tiger

Bench
I’ve already had my say on this in main forum about how disgusted I am with the lack of Loyalty the club has shown it’s greatest player ever
Tigers have never made a finals series without Marshall in the team and this how they treat him
Ok so is this the genuine you or the shit stirring you.. I like the sound of what your saying but the fact is Madge and Benji have to go their separate ways.
At least I now know what Benji did for the first time in the NRL since March

The_Frog

First Grade
Are you a rhyno alt ?
No not because of that, although he was the only bloke capable of creating any points scoring chances for you in that game, but because he won you a premiership which you wouldn't have won without him. And because it would show the players at your club that they aren't just commodities that can be thrown on the scrapheap. No other club would do this to a player of this stature. Even a minimum salary deal to play reserves would be better than just booting the bloke out when he doesn't want to leave.

And you wonder why decent players that you produce can't wait to get out of the joint.

I don't often agree with Rhyno, in fact this must be the first time.

Last edited:

IMO

Juniors
How come everyone, especially press, wanted to lynch WT greatest coach when he wanted to let Farah go but nothing coming at MM,with no better results, over BM

The tigers confirm that they will keep Brooks and Reynolds on 1.6million a season but have to cut Marshal due to cap pressure?
Fcken idiots...

It's not cap pressure, it's squad places.

Benji's done, it's an easy out. I'm sure if Reynolds were off contract this year it would be the same. Hopefully Wigan manage to entice him over as well.

WA Tiger

Bench
Fcken idiots...
Ironic huh? And “Madge inflicted” cap pressure for a nothing half back

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
No not because of that, although he was the only bloke capable of creating any points scoring chances for you in that game, but because he won you a premiership which you wouldn't have won without him. And because it would show the players at your club that they aren't just commodities that can be thrown on the scrapheap. No other club would do this to a player of this stature. Even a minimum salary deal to play reserves would be better than just booting the bloke out when he doesn't want to leave.

And you wonder why decent players that you produce can't wait to get out of the joint.

I don't often agree with Rhyno, in fact this must be the first time.
Frog, I can't say my club is making solid decisions. But you following Penrith ( and possibly Parra, too !) would recognise stupid decisions from the club's we loyally support.
All 3 of our clubs have been a clusterfk at one time or another in recent memory.
But Benji . . . he is done. He has been a brilliant player for us. He is the only player in recent history to introduce something to the game that has never been seen before. Kids wanted to be him, players have since copied him, but there is only one Benji.
But his time has come.
He thinks he can go around another year, but he is too slow, and his defence is moving away from NRL standard with every game he plays. You are right that he is our only creative spark, but we need a lot of things at WT . . . creativity, speed, game control to name a few.
Clubs toss players, coaches, management on the scrapheap at the first opportunity. Not sayin it's right, but that's how it is today. My club, your club, and rhyno's club all do it.
And lastly frog . . . . don't be agreeing with rhyno too much, eh ? ;)

Fcken idiots...
So they are 'supposedly' keeping Brooks & Reynolds,
Marshall is gone for 2021,
They are not making the 8 and
There's 4 games to go,

So in round 1 of 4 they select Marshall to partner Brooks in halves.

Wouldn't you take the opportunity to build some game time experience together, Brooks/Reynolds?
or
Is Madge showing some respect to Marshall by playing him?

Either drop Marshall because he isn't in the plans going forward or keep playing him as he is the best option to partner Brooks. How confusing for Marshall & Reynolds, what a message it sends to Brooks (we know you are shit but we will keep playing you).

WA Tiger

Bench
Apparently Madge can’t do the tough conversations in a manly way ...He couldn’t even tell Marshall he wasn’t wanted..Benji found out in the newspaper Monday morning .Madge ran to Pascoe and asked him to explain it to Marshall ..and then when Marshall confronted Madge on Monday morning Madge said “ok let me think about it for a day” only coz he knew Pascoe would talk to Benji Monday avo ..shit a coach that can’t communicate and who runs to Pascoe ..that’s where the walking on eggshells are coming from .Matterson kind of makes sense now
And Pascoes in the thick of it once again ..”Yea Madge do what you want your the Boss” ..Same as with Taylor

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently Madge can’t do the tough conversations in a manly way ...He couldn’t even tell Marshall he wasn’t wanted..Benji found out in the newspaper Monday morning .Madge ran to Pascoe and asked him to explain it to Marshall ..and then when Marshall confronted Madge on Monday morning Madge said “ok let me think about it for a day” only coz he knew Pascoe would talk to Benji Monday avo ..shit a coach that can’t communicate and who runs to Pascoe ..that’s where the walking on eggshells are coming from .Matterson kind of makes sense now
And Pascoes in the thick of it once again ..”Yea Madge do what you want your the Boss” ..Same as with Taylor
Ffs move on, you are grabbing snippets of information that may or may not be accurate (prob “may not”). None of know & rightly so what has happened, except they have told Benji he will not be resigned for next year.
I respect the guy, but he is 35yo and it’s time to retire. Would you prefer him do a Changa Langlands?
We have a shit load of options in the halves, who prob won’t do any worse than what we did this year. If some of the other big value contracts ended, they would prob be told the same thing.
Benji’s $300k will get us a good forward or a speedy back, something had to change. It was just his turn.

stryker

First Grade
How come everyone, especially press, wanted to lynch WT greatest coach when he wanted to let Farah go but nothing coming at MM,with no better results, over BM
Because with Farah they were actively trying to steal money from him and he deserved far better.

Latest posts