What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 18 vs Penrith team list thread

Gronk

Staff member
Hmm so can Stone play 80 mins ? If not then does Will Smith play 14. Gutho sub for him while he has a rest ?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Eels in front by 2 with 5 mins to go.
Eels in possession on their own 20.
Second tackle, Smith jumps out of D/H and attempts a 40/20. The ball sails over the sideline by 20 meters on the full.
You know the rest.

Gronk

Staff member
All horrible options. I'd probably go with Will Smith at 14.....I think I just vomited in my mouth.

BA is all about the D. So Stone will get the gig and the attack will just have to cope.

eel01s

Bench
Smith does give us the option of running from dummy half. Will be very interesting to see how he goes when he comes on.

Do we think Smith will start, and that Stone will play his usual role?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All horrible options. I'd probably go with Will Smith at 14.....I think I just vomited in my mouth.
Thinking Stone is an option at all shows how little stock Bea Arthur puts in the dummy half position, a tackling bag that leads the line speed is all he really cares about. And people wonder why our attack sucks balls.

yy_cheng

Coach
I remember after Rheed re-signed and he was playing poorly, some analysts (can't remember who) said it was because our halves stand quite far away from the ruck. So Rheed had to nail his passes. If he got tired, he would struggle to be as accurate.

I hope the halves understand that Stone wouldn't be able to fire the passes Rheed could or we are gonna make error after errorafter error.

Why couldn't Salmon play hooker?

Gazzamatta

Coach
I remember after Rheed re-signed and he was playing poorly, some analysts (can't remember who) said it was because our halves stand quite far away from the ruck. So Rheed had to nail his passes. If he got tired, he would struggle to be as accurate.

I hope the halves understand that Stone wouldn't be able to fire the passes Rheed could or we are gonna make error after errorafter error.

Why couldn't Salmon play hooker?
Hed be a fish out of water in the 9 I reckon.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Andrew Voss has tipped our Eels. Only Fox personality to do so.
Smith has been training at 1 and he gets the nod as backup 9. Davies promoted to top 30 as a 9 yet no mention of him.
Maybe the guys who attend training might throw some light on this selection?
Also.
Anyone know if the Eels Canterbury Cup Coach, the guy poached from the UK is still involved?

lingard

Coach
I’d play Reed. We do need to win this game and play well. Resting players sends the wrong message to our players. We did that against manly and got towelled.

We don't need to win this game. We need to win the two after this. Besides, we will more than likely end up in fourth spot and have to face the Panthers in our first finals game. We can f*cking ambush them then. (Like what we did with St George in 2009 - got done in the last premiership round and then beat them the following week.) To me this seems like the most sensible approach. Rest one of the props. Maybe even rest Gutho. In all reality, what does it matter how much Penrith beat us by this week? We need to 'peak' in the first week of the finals. Not this Friday night.
But we all know that Arthur is way too conservative to approach things like this. So I'm expecting him to name his strongest possible team; the jaded players to become even more jaded; and for us to bow out of the semis in straight sets. (For all the 'death-rider vigilantes' - I sincerely hope I'm wrong; and I don't want this to happen; but this is what I'm expecting so that I won't be too disappointed if it does happen.) Just utilising some stoic philosophy here.

Last edited:

Latest posts