What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dump Norman For Sailor .

Dragon David

First Grade
Look at how well Titans have recruited and they are already on the up. Griffin may be hindered by the lack of available quality players.
A good win over the Broncos and they have moved above us on the ladder. The Titans will be even better next year.

I have my fears for us next year. If the defence is not corrected we will get done more than we win and Griffin's win/loss ratio will drop. I'm hoping that Griffin will be able to get us to improve our defence - he just has to.

Gareth67

First Grade
A good win over the Broncos and they have moved above us on the ladder. The Titans will be even better next year.

I have my fears for us next year. If the defence is not corrected we will get done more than we win and Griffin's win/loss ratio will drop. I'm hoping that Griffin will be able to get us to improve our defence - he just has to.

This is exactly what I cannot wrap my head around. Why , oh why do so many other clubs go through a lean period and then after a year or two at the most pick themselves up either through recruitment of quality players or coach - in some instances both .

The Raiders , Titans , Eels have had more downs than I have had a puss yet they still become competitive a couple of seasons later . And perhaps just as importantly the team plays some very attractive footy that has their armies of fans thinking of finals football .

The Dragons have not been able to satisfy their fans lust for success and that simply come down to some extremely bad recruitment and of course the extensions given to the previous coach - say no more about that .

Every few seasons it seems that we have our head above water with money in the so called ‘ war chest ‘ only for it to be used on non- performing names , not truly players with substance. I do sincerely hope that Ryan Webb can address this issue as quickly as possible as it is akin to having a dozen holes in ones bath tub .

Water wasted , and you climb out with all the dust and grime that you entered with in the first instance .

This is how the Dragons recruitment has been for quite some time now , we the fans would also like something to cheer about , as have other clubs who have also have gone through bad periods , but come good with astute management and recruitment .

Last edited:

thebigredv

First Grade

Next year will be a rebuild year. Finals will be a bonus. Guess we just have to accept lean times ahead. The board lacked foresight and disregarded history for so long and have landed us here. If Griffin can get us proud of our players again that will be a win.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
The halfback was no better.

time to give Sullivan a go

Absolutely.

The first half today he wasn't taking the ball to the line at all and kept passing to support players around him who were standing flat footed, clearly no one told them what the plan was.

DY must've spoken to him at half time so in the second half he starts running aimlessly in to the defence on the last play.

Clearly doesn't have enough tactical nouse to guide us around the park and lay points on.

Latest posts