What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd18: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY thread (11/9/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emjaycee

Coach
I’m not so sure we’ll get past both the broncos and west’s. In the past we’ve needed to win one of our remaining two games to make the semis only to limp out in disappointing form.
I reckon we will crawl into 6th with 2 losses in the remaining games and then lose to the Knights in week 1 of the finals. The only reason we have been in the top 4 all year is because we had a lucky draw and most of the other teams we beat were full of injuries. In fact, with our shit team and coaching staff, I reckon we are lucky that we made the 8 at all.

At least I can be confident I can attend a wedding on the 10th Oct.

Gronk

Staff member
Never more obvious than watching the Storm today, their movement is a fair bit in motion behind the line not just offloads in traffic. Effort only gets you so far, generally into the battle but playing smart attacking football after that gets you the win.

Yet Storm with 30% of the ball and 9 tackles in the opposition 20 all match would have struggled too.

Not saying that it's not our fault, because we should have worked harder with better line speed so that our sets were not starting on the 10m line every single time. We need to get back to where we were in the early rounds with the backs pushing up to half way by tackle 3 and getting us in to an attacking position. Credit to Penrith, their line speed was great and they pushed our players back.

We have points in us but not from 60m out every set.

We need to re-set Friday night and put on a score otherwise we'll be cannon fodder and go out in week 2 of the semis.

84 Baby

Referee
I reckon we will crawl into 6th with 2 losses in the remaining games and then lose to the Knights in week 1 of the finals. The only reason we have been in the top 4 all year is because we had a lucky draw and most of the other teams we beat were full of injuries. In fact, with our shit team and coaching staff, I reckon we are lucky that we made the 8 at all.

I’m also attending a wedding on the 10th of October!

hindy111

Post Whore
Yet Storm with 30% of the ball and 9 tackles in the opposition 20 all match would have struggled too.

Not saying that it's not our fault, because we should have worked harder with better line speed so that our sets were not starting on the 10m line every single time. We need to get back to where we were in the early rounds with the backs pushing up to half way by tackle 3 and getting us in to an attacking position. Credit to Penrith, their line speed was great and they pushed our players back.

We have points in us but not from 60m out every set.

We need to re-set Friday night and put on a score otherwise we'll be cannon fodder and go out in week 2 of the semis.

I think your confused why teams have 30% possesion. Like it's unlucky. Netter sides are able to control the game and get more possesion. And that is how they dominate and win.
Storm I doubt would ever have such a low posession. Unless made 20 errors

IFR33K

Coach

Hahah many fans here have said Penrith have had a dream draw, yet our isn’t much different. Many experts also said the same, it’s a pity you can’t see past the blue and gold glasses. How’s our form been the past two months? Were you in particular happy with our recent form against rival top 8 teams??? What do you think of our game plan? Please answer the questions without your glasses.

Gronk

Staff member
I think your confused why teams have 30% possesion. Like it's unlucky. Netter sides are able to control the game and get more possesion. And that is how they dominate and win.
Storm I doubt would ever have such a low posession. Unless made 20 errors

No, I am not confused about anything. In fact I explained why we had little ball.

T.S Quint

Coach

I was invited to a wedding that was on Grand Final day once. I didn’t go. Who the f**k organises a wedding for Grand Final day, ffs! Even if you don’t follow the footy there’s a good chance plenty of your guests do.

It was the Souths vs Canterbury game in 2014. Totally worth it to watch the Dogs get belted.

The Panthers will be destroyed by a good team in the finals. Roosters and Storm will not let them dominate and will wrestle twice as good as they are being allowed to right now and will force way more errors than we did.

They are going to get a pretty big shock in either week one or the prelim when they are embarrassed by a professional, clinical team.
Salty????? Rosters aren't that clinical neither are the storm both completion rate less than penrith. It will come down to final experience which I agree these two teams have over penrith but can they get the territorial advantage??? That is the question!!!

emjaycee

Coach
Hahah many fans here have said Penrith have had a dream draw, yet our isn’t much different. Many experts also said the same, it’s a pity you can’t see past the blue and gold glasses. How’s our form been the past two months? Were you in particular happy with our recent form against rival top 8 teams??? What do you think of our game plan? Please answer the questions without your glasses.
What glasses mate?
I think we are done for the year.
Our attack is non-existent, our team are tired and I reckon we lose the next 2 games against more enthusiastic opponents.
Just like I said in my post.

emjaycee

Coach
I was invited to a wedding that was on Grand Final day once. I didn’t go. Who the f**k organises a wedding for Grand Final day, ffs! Even if you don’t follow the footy there’s a good chance plenty of your guests do.

It was the Souths vs Canterbury game in 2014. Totally worth it to watch the Dogs get belted.
I got invited to a wedding the day before the Grand Final in 2005 and it was my wedding. I had to strike a pretty good (read expensive) deal with my bride to be able to land in LA and go straight to a Sports Bar. Unfortunately the Cowboys screwed that plan and I ended up saving heaps of cash.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I talked to Mik about game.
He said this -
They where just a bit better in every area but wasn't much in it. And missed your hooker and Dylan Brown
Thank God. I was really concerned. Chill Pill time. Mi
Don't take this the wrong way.
But you do not understand rugby league to the same level as myself. I can read and dissect at a very high level.
And thats why you are one of my favourite posters. Good insights and you make me giggle. Im also a huge fan of Miks. Get him on here Hindy. We all could do with a lot more Mik.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I’m not so sure we’ll get past both the broncos and west’s. In the past we’ve needed to win one of our remaining two games to make the semis only to limp out in disappointing form.
In 2017 we won our last three to sneak into the top four. Last year we had to beat Manly in the final round (by 12 points) to get a home final and we did that too.

Both times we made the finals under Arthur we played well in the first week. It was week two where we shat ourselves.

Eelementary

Post Whore

It's an interesting read, and some good points were made...

However, he mentions that we were missing our hooker, and 5/8 - but he fails to mention that we had those same players for the lastv2 months, and struggled to get our attack clicking.

It's nice to say that we should support the team, and I agree with the sentiment - however, highlighting that the side has some serious issues isn’t deathriding the club.

To put some balance into the discussion:

* at one stage, Parramatta were leading the competition

* at one stage, Parramatta's defence was the best in the competition

* at one stage, Parramatta's attack was the sixth best in the competition

Fast forward to current time, and:

* Parramatta are 4th, facing a real possibility of missing out on the topic altogether

* Parramatta's defence is now the 4th best (which is still incredible, but it has dropped a tad)

* Parramatta's attack is 9th best

* Parramatta has the 6th best for and against

It's not doom, and gloom - but there are issues there, plain for everyone to see.

Saying we were missing troops on Friday - which we undoubtedly were - is factual, but a little misleading when discussing our average attack.

I think it's admirable for people to stay positive - hell, I'm proud as hell that we were DOMINATED on Friday night, and only conceded 3 tries -, but I think it's unfair to label people who are concerned that the side has been struggling as negative Nellies.

Winning masks everything - we went through a period where we played quite poorly, and still won more than we lost.

The same issues that were evident two months ago, are still evident now; none of us can say certain (unless we are on the coaching staff) whether it's deliberate, a ploy, or whether the coaching staff just cannot improve the team - but it's a little concerning, as a fan.

I firmly believe that this team - on paper - is good enough to challenge for a title. I genuinely believe that.

But there must be some changes made to address our deficiencies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's an interesting read, and some good points were made...

However, he mentions that we were missing our hooker, and 5/8 - but he fails to mention that we had those same players for the lastv2 months, and struggled to get our attack clicking.

It's nice to say that we should support the team, and I agree with the sentiment - however, highlighting that the side has some serious issues isn’t deathriding the club.

To put some balance into the discussion:

* at one stage, Parramatta were leading the competition

* at one stage, Parramatta's defence was the best in the competition

* at one stage, Parramatta's attack was the sixth best in the competition

Fast forward to current time, and:

* Parramatta are 4th, facing a real possibility of missing out on the topic altogether

* Parramatta's defence is now the 4th best (which is still incredible, but it has dropped a tad)

* Parramatta's attack is 9th best

* Parramatta has the 6th best for and against

It's not doom, and gloom - but there are issues there, plain for everyone to see.

Saying we were missing troops on Friday - which we undoubtedly were - is factual, but a little misleading when discussing our average attack.

I think it's admirable for people to stay positive - hell, I'm proud as hell that we were DOMINATED on Friday night, and only conceded 3 tries -, but I think it's unfair to label people who are concerned that the side has been struggling as negative Nellies.

Winning masks everything - we went through a period where we played quite poorly, and still won more than we lost.

The same issues that were evident two months ago, are still evident now; none of us can say certain (unless we are on the coaching staff) whether it's deliberate, a ploy, or whether the coaching staff just cannot improve the team - but it's a little concerning, as a fan.

I firmly believe that this team - on paper - is good enough to challenge for a title. I genuinely believe that.

But there must be some changes made to address our deficiencies.
Great post mate, 40/20 is a great guy and and knows his footy(sorely missed on here by the way) but the rest of them are high on Unicorn juice. I get that they know the coaching staff but they never want to be overly critical because they might not get an interview or a wave after training. They are hardly impartial.

Status
Not open for further replies.