What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

Do you care if Israel Folau returns to the NRL?

• I want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • I don't want him back in the NRL.

Votes: 113 32.4%
  • I couldn't care less if he returns or not.

Votes: 176 50.4%

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
I understand your disdain for religious folk, you've made that clear for years, but the sport is not going to be able to refuse to allow him to play, especially as he's an existing player in another competition who has been a model citizen therein.

You keep stating this but you haven't backed it up with anything at all.

They have loads of legal recourse to prevent him from playing if they choose to.

The_Frog

First Grade
He will be electing to not employ a prospective employee based on past behaviour.
We're going in circles. I think the NRL have no choice but to register him, based on him receiving a payout from Union, and based on him being an existing RL player of exemplary conduct. You think otherwise. We'll see who is right.

The_Frog

First Grade
If a 31 year old winger coached by a potato can't turn the club around then I don't know what will!
Has always been a centre. Played centre last season at Catalans. He's six years younger than Cam Smith. I reckon he's got a year or two in him.

Wizardman

First Grade
I might be cynical in my old age...but I think this Folau/Dragons story is a bit of smoke and mirrors from a club trying to take media/fan attention away from the McInness departure.

Mark my words, Folau won't play in the NRL again.

shear_joy9

Coach
I might be cynical in my old age...but I think this Folau/Dragons story is a bit of smoke and mirrors from a club trying to take media/fan attention away from the McInness departure.

Mark my words, Folau won't play in the NRL again.

if that was the case then the dragons are even more of a clown show than everyone thought. All it's done is further damage the club, their brand, and alienate the clubs fans.

they have f**ked up so bad the ceo must surely secretly be a sharks fan

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
if that was the case then the dragons are even clown show than everyone thought. All it's done is further damage the club, their brand, and alienate the clubs fans.

they have f**ked up so bad the ceo must surely secretly be a sharks fan

This theory would see them take all the heat & community & corporate negativity of a Folau signing without even the hope of the upside that Folau the player might bring.

All to cover the fallout of the departure of a hooker with 2 try assists, 1 line break assist & 3 linebreaks in the whole season.

The sorry f**king state of the Dragons right now.

Bazal

Post Whore
I still find it completely bewildering that people are more up in arms over a dude who put out a mean tweet playing our game, then dudes who have bashed their Mrs

I find this a bewildering and irrelevant comment given most of the blokes in here who think Izzy is a f**kwit have also said the same about blokes who have been proven to have bashed their missus and scum like Matt Lodge, AFAIK.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Folau said that LIARS must repent of face the WrAtH of GOD!!

Also Folau: Allegedly lies to Catalans Dragons.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I find this a bewildering and irrelevant comment given most of the blokes in here who think Izzy is a f**kwit have also said the same about blokes who have been proven to have bashed their missus and scum like Matt Lodge, AFAIK.

I must have missed the 127 page thread on Lodge, Tetevano, May, Auva etc

Bazal

Post Whore
I must have missed the 127 page thread on Lodge, Tetevano, May, Auva etc

You don't reckon that has as much to do with stature as outrage?

Lodge would have miles more than that if you pulled posts from every Broncos match day thread.

Vic Mackey

Referee
You don't reckon that has as much to do with stature as outrage?

Could be, or could be that those causes aren’t as trendy as defending gay rights

If Folau is allowed back there will be visable protests at every game he plays. People will holding up signs whilst dressed as rainbows. They’ll be parading themselves all over Twitter/insta so everyone can see how much they care. And hey I’m all for that, protest away!

Yet have we ever seen that against any of the guys I mentioned?

Latest posts