What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Arthur

hindy111

Post Whore
5 teams have better spines but ours is still elite?

Potential to be.

Guth is about the 5th best fullback but the best ball playing one.
Moses pending on form can be top 3 or around 9th
Dbags id say currently is middle of pack at best as is Mahoney but both have the potential to break out and be top 5.

Across the board all of our spine can be top 5

TheRam

Coach
Do you not find it surprising that the most elite junior talent yet to play NRL (Joseph Suaalii) ended up in Souths' junior system and then refused to sign with anyone other than the Roosters? This kid is from Mount Druitt ffs. He's been on the radar of every NRL club since he was ten years old. Yet he ended up signing with Souths, and when it came time to sign an NRL contract it was only the Roosters. There's something dirty going on when the most supremely talented kid doesn't play junior reps for his local club, and then won't even re-sign for a strong club like Souths. If you think we were any chance of 'developing' (poaching) a player like that you've got rocks in your head. I guarantee if a young Jarryd Hayne hadn't been a head case there's no way the Roosters, Souths or Storm would have let him stay at Parra.

Suaalii signed with the Roosters for less because they gave him the get out clause after 2 years he was seeking that South's refused to give him. The Roosters have the belief that once in their system and playing well, that he will not want to move and they will be able to retain him. South's on the other hand didn't have that confidence.

We should also have that type of confidence and seeing that the kid goes to Kings School which is in our freakin area, we should have always been in his ear and he on OUR books not the Bunnies to start with.

No excuses. We should be considered as a top 2 destination club in Sydney. If we aren't with all that is Parramatta then our management isn't selling us right or doesn't have the right people in place to do the job. Parra should be the easiest sell(along side the Roosters) in NSW.

Again I say...No Excuses!

TheRam

Coach
The Tigers used to have one of the best junior systems in the NRL, winning SG Ball in 2012-13 and NYC in 2013. They produced plenty of players who went on to play Origin and win premierships and Dally M awards. Where are these merkins now?

Addo-Carr
Nrown
Fifita
Koroibete
Moses
Papenhuyzen
Tedesco
Woods

I think you will see that all of those players left due to BAD management and talent identification, not because they couldn't afford them ffs. Idiot.

We don't have that type of buffoonery running our joint any longer thank f**k, as long as we keep the likes of that DF character and his kind away from the joint forever.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Potential to be.

Guth is about the 5th best fullback but the best ball playing one.
Moses pending on form can be top 3 or around 9th
Dbags id say currently is middle of pack at best as is Mahoney but both have the potential to break out and be top 5.

Across the board all of our spine can be top 5
I agree. It has the potential to be great but it isn’t there yet. I hope Moses has a great year this year.

TheRam

Coach
So apparently this statement is hyperbole:

“Turn every junior into a superstar and you’ll gift 90% of them to other clubs.” (Gutful, 2021)

If every single one of our juniors was an origin level player how many would we realistically be able to keep? 10% is obviously an exaggeration. Could we keep 20%? 50%? 80%?

The overall premise is hyperbole you plunket!

Who said anything about turning every junior into a Origin level player ffs. Learn to interpret or better yet, stop trying to win an argument with outlandish and hyperbolic statements. You know exactly what Hindy and I are stating. You Hoax.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Suaalii signed with the Roosters for less because they gave him the get out clause after 2 years he was seeking that South's refused to give him. The Roosters have the belief that once in their system and playing well, that he will not want to move and they will be able to retain him. South's on the other hand didn't have that confidence.

We should also have that type of confidence and seeing that the kid goes to Kings School which is in our freakin area, we should have always been in his ear and he on OUR books not the Bunnies to start with.

No excuses. We should be considered as a top 2 destination club in Sydney. If we aren't with all that is Parramatta then our management isn't selling us right or doesn't have the right people in place to do the job. Parra should be the easiest sell(along side the Roosters) in NSW.

Again I say...No Excuses!
It’s not about what you sell, it’s about what you pay.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The overall premise is hyperbole you plunket!

Who said anything about turning every junior into a Origin level player ffs. Learn to interpret or better yet, stop trying to win an argument with outlandish and hyperbolic statements. You know exactly what Hindy and I are stating. You Hoax.
I’m just holding a mirror, merkin.

TheRam

Coach
You are acting like a limp penis. I made a comment. Obviously producing guys like Dunster is fine, it just doesn't excite me like say Brown or Mahoney who could be very good players. On top of their skill they also bring fans.
Reason being to try and snare a good half or hooker means competition from other clubs and a large price. Its far easier to retain one you've developed.

Picking up guys like Dunsters level is not going to create any sort of bidding war and a club like ours should be producing 2-3 kids of his level most seasons.

Exactly Hindy, but the hyperbole is strong here by some posters. Typical of them really. They can't cop common sense posts like ours. They have to muck it all up with ridiculous hyperbole nonsense.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think you will see that all of those players left due to BAD management and talent identification, not because they couldn't afford them ffs. Idiot.
They have been in constant cap trouble due to needing to pay overs to even retain their own players. If they didn't identify their talent they wouldn't have brought then into their junior system in the first place you imbecile!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We can pay mate. It's the other things that make the difference. What are the other things I hear you ask?

The right people in the right jobs.
The right people with money. The sort of people that are willing to throw good money away to pay a marquee player as part of a ‘third party endorsement’ for their business.

84 Baby

Referee
I’m still waiting for the announcement of Ram and Hindy to replace Sharp & Field. I mean surely they’re shoe ins

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm going to go ahead and say it now (and for the record, I don't expect many people to agree with me), but...

Clinton Gutherson is in the top 3 fullbacks in the NRL.

I am dead serious.

Have a look at his highlights - he's made plenty of long breaks (even scoring a few stunning long range tries).

He is safe under the high ball.

His defence is pretty good (though his positioning needs some improvement).

He is the most skilled fullback in the NRL imo.

He goes all day - his first run is the same quality as his last run.

He is a strong (if relatively inexperienced) leader.

He is a bloody good fullback.

He isn't as quick as Tedesco, or as explosive as Tuivasa-Sheck - but I honestly wouldn't swap him for anyone.