What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Rabbits20

Immortal
@The Silverdale Phantom hey mate I’m just trying to get a gauge on things for my nrl fantasy side.....

Round 2 when Douiehi comes back does Mbye keep the 14 and Laurie stays at number 1? Or does Laurie drop out?

Also will Brooks keep goal kicking like in the trial the other day.... or does Douiehi goal kick round 2 onwards?

assess5

Juniors
YAWN - Wake me up when you've got something intelligent to say (although I'm guessing that means I'm in for a VERY long nap)

That time of the month is it, that's ok rockhead, if you like sweet little fairy tale stories I'm sorry for disillusioning you, but, in reality it's all about the bucks.

Jim Rockford

Bench
That time of the month is it, that's ok rockhead, if you like sweet little fairy tale stories I'm sorry for disillusioning you, but, in reality it's all about the bucks.
So you're not only a cretin, you're sexist as well. You just tick all the boxes don't you?

@The Silverdale Phantom hey mate I’m just trying to get a gauge on things for my nrl fantasy side.....

Round 2 when Douiehi comes back does Mbye keep the 14 and Laurie stays at number 1? Or does Laurie drop out?

Also will Brooks keep goal kicking like in the trial the other day.... or does Douiehi goal kick round 2 onwards?

I think Douhie will go straight back in and Laurie will play 1.

Mbye off the bench as he’s a creditable utility.

Goalkicking is anyone’s, I’d say Douhie.

All care, no promises!

Stefano looks the goods this year. Initially complained about the intensity of the off season but he’s probably got the most out of it and is running amok!

Last edited:

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I think Douhie will go straight back in and Laurie will play 1.

Mbye off the bench as he’s a creditable utility.

Goalkicking is anyone’s, I’d say Douhie.

All care, no promises!

Stefano looks the goods this year. Initially complained about the intensity of the off season but he’s probably got the most out of it and is running amok!
Luciano, deoihi & Roberts looked good in the trial against Manly

Luciano, deoihi & Roberts looked good in the trial against Manly

Yes, the pleasing aspect was everyone having a go and following basic instructions.

After Freddys re-set, if there’s any justice in the game, Douhie will play origin at some point in the next 2 years. He’s only just begun his journey to marquee.

He’s no Cody in terms of X factor, but as a utility, he’s got claims.

Sgi are freaking out that they let Lucy go. It’s the way he is used that helps too.

Roberts is an enigma and as you know, both our clubs have skin in the game with him. Joint project that goes beyond traditional club divides.

At the moment, James remains part of the Rabbitoh counselling and rehab program despite playing for us. And what an impressive and talented group of experts they are -based on Jim’s recovery.

And even though you couldn’t see him in your plans, you had the goodwill not to abandon him but ensure he was looked after off the field. You should be very proud of that humane and caring aspect of your work. You didn’t throw him to the wolves.

I said to the lads on Tigers LU, that a lot of players could avail themselves of some professional help to help with their general welfare in this extraordinarily competitive game. Also, not to stigmatise but praise Jim for having a go. And there’s many Jim’s out there.

So Jim’s success is yours as much as ours and I’ve let tigers lu know that. Everyone is fine with it.

As to game, yeah he’s back to taking on 3 or 4 defenders with his palm and step, speed off the Mark, he’s very popular with the playing group and fans. He’s got the respect back with his efforts to be the best he can. Daylight second!

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
For & Against - Will new rules make the game even better?: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/03/06/for--against-will-new-rules-make-the-game-even-better/

From Fox Sports, completely agree with everything Tugger is saying here,

SOUTHS’ SKIPPER PAYING FOR CLUB’S POOR RETENTION IN PAST

Rabbitohs legend Craig Coleman has blasted the club for making captain and local junior Adam Reynolds pay for some irresponsible contract calls by the club.

South Sydney gave long-term big money contracts to Greg Inglis and Sam Burgess when they were in their 30s and had to pay out both legends when injury caused them to retire prematurely.

The The Daily Telegraph revealed that as a result the Rabbitohs have introduced a policy to ban multi-year contracts for senior players over the age of 30.

Reynolds, who was due to meet with club officials again this week was visibly disappointed to be only offered a one-year extension for 2022 and Coleman understands where he is coming from.

“Adam shouldn’t be paying for poor recruitment decisions made by the previous management,” Coleman told The Daily Telegraph.

“It’s not his fault that mistakes were made and the club was left with big payouts.

“The former bloke (Richardson) stuffed up and Adam’s paying for it.”

Turning 31 in July, Reynolds has scored a club record 1,636 points in 206 games for the Rabbitohs and wants to finish his career with the team he debuted for in 2012.

Reynolds won a premiership in 2014 and has led the club to three consecutive preliminary finals in the last three seasons.

While he holds dreams of playing 300 games for the club he supported as a kid, Reynolds admitted he may have to look elsewhere to secure his family’s future if he and the club can’t get on the same page.

“The club has been a powerhouse for 10 years and Reyno has been the halfback,” Coleman said.

“For three-straight years he’s taken them to a game away from the GF. He must be doing something right.”

Travitoh

First Grade
lol Tugger.

Renno should test the market, get quotes and come back to Solly with something in writing.

Something signed. All the bottom 4 sides would kill for him.

Souths should offer him a multi-season contract. He's the captain and undisputed 7 of a team in premiership conversations. Load it with player option extensions if they're afraid of him retiring but treat him with the respect he deserves.

Fact: AR has been halfback in every Souths prelim since being reinstated in the comp.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Souths should offer him a multi-season contract. He's the captain and undisputed 7 of a team in premiership conversations. Load it with player option extensions if they're afraid of him retiring but treat him with the respect he deserves.

Fact: AR has been halfback in every Souths prelim since being reinstated in the comp.
2yr deal take it or leave it Adam... club comes first. Club needs to ensure it wraps Taafe up