What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

franklin2323

Immortal
Naden at centre is a lost cause, it seems they've done the smart thing and moved on.

That said I think he is too limited to be a first grade fullback, despite his reasonable success there in the 20s. He might be a decent back up I guess, but I would think Crichton, Staines and even Burton would be more interesting to see.

If that turns out to be the case then need to buy a centre. The reason May ended up there was no other options

Burton would be next but need another just incase

chrisD

Coach
If that turns out to be the case then need to buy a centre. The reason May ended up there was no other options

Burton would be next but need another just incase
Yeah maybe. Or Cleary may be fine with May covering positions as the first backline injury option.

Naden at centre is a lost cause, it seems they've done the smart thing and moved on.

That said I think he is too limited to be a first grade fullback, despite his reasonable success there in the 20s. He might be a decent back up I guess, but I would think Crichton, Staines and even Burton would be more interesting to see.

Don’t think there’s enough evidence to say they’ve moved on from him being a centre. A lot will depend on how Momirovoski goes I’d say.

betcats

Referee
I think Naden is more a reluctant passer rather than someone who doesn't have the skill. When he genuinely tries to put his winger away the pass is always a good one whether it is a flick or two handed pass, he just had a tendency to go himself to often. I will be very interested to see how he goes.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Don’t think there’s enough evidence to say they’ve moved on from him being a centre. A lot will depend on how Momirovoski goes I’d say.

Ivan likes a defensive centre and an attacking centre. Momo is very strong in defence, I think he’ll be there all season, barring injury.

Ivan likes a defensive centre and an attacking centre. Momo is very strong in defence, I think he’ll be there all season, barring injury.

Agree that’s what he prefers, but I don’t think Naden’s attacking skills can be understated in our success last year. If the attack doesn’t click as well, he may not have an option but to bring him back. Naden & Staines would provide a great balance to the left side attack. But if Momo shows enough in attack that might not be a concern.

Jane Murray

Bench
Here's some more articles.

Attachments

• 159528911_10221969066748348_2020892784963181566_o.jpg
    159528911_10221969066748348_2020892784963181566_o.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 159345185_10221969067108357_1576759640335946424_o.jpg
    159345185_10221969067108357_1576759640335946424_o.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 16

Kilkenny

Coach
Agree that’s what he prefers, but I don’t think Naden’s attacking skills can be understated in our success last year. If the attack doesn’t click as well, he may not have an option but to bring him back.great balance .

Season ended on a disappointing note for Brent but I agree I thought he had really good season overall.

Season ended on a disappointing note for Brent but I agree I thought he had really good season overall.

His delayed gf entry was one of the worst coaching decisions of all time.

Unforgivable.

A years worth of smug was given away for nothing and the purple merkin robotic scrotes won.

The whole season was wasted from an nrl perspective.

Kilkenny

Coach
His delayed gf entry was one of the worst coaching decisions of all time.

A years worth of smug was given away for nothing and the purple merkin robots won. The whole season was wasted.

It’s ancient history now.

To say the whole season was wasted is a bit silly. Minor premiers, record number of consecutive wins was a huge achievement.

Regardless of Ivan’s decision to bring in Tyrone May we just got outplayed in the big dance.

It happens, particularly against such as clinical side such as the Storm.

The intercept and try on the stroke of half time were killers.

Even thou we didn’t perform at our best we were still in the contest right up until that unfortunate try on the stroke of half time.

It wasn't the delayed entry that was a poor decision, it was having him on the bench (rather than starting) in the first place. Making these sort of changes at the pointy end of the season suggests panic.

I won’t be heard against that submission.

But otherwise, the first half is best unremembered.

It’s ancient history now.

To say the whole season was wasted is a bit silly. Minor premiers, record number of consecutive wins was a huge achievement.

Regardless of Ivan’s decision to bring in Tyrone May we just got outplayed in the big dance.

It happens, particularly against such as clinical side such as the Storm.

The intercept and try on the stroke of half time were killers.

Even thou we didn’t perform at our best we were still in the contest right up until that unfortunate try on the stroke of half time.

I was honestly confident that smug could overcome, I told Jane on the day.

Latest posts