What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

franklin2323

Immortal
I was disappointed at first but Look at the nsw cup back line, 1-6 are nrl contracted players and Turuva is a development player, it makes sense.

On Turuva. When they put the Highlights up through the week you will see some poor defence. This is his grade for the time being

panthersam

Juniors
Probably not, but he's got 3 more weeks. Momo was OK but he doesn't have Naden's x factor.

I really liked what I saw from Momo, besides the drop coming out of our own area in the first half I thought he had plenty of solid moments in both attack and defence. No way will he get dropped in four weeks time for Naden if he continues with games like tonight.

franklin2323

Immortal
I really liked what I saw from Momo, besides the drop coming out of our own area in the first half I thought he had plenty of solid moments in both attack and defence. No way will he get dropped in four weeks time for Naden if he continues with games like tonight.

How poor was he. Even let in the 1st 20/40 kick I have seen :joy:

BxTom

Bench
Did anyone see Edwards throw a cut out pass to the right. I didn't think he was capable. If he makes that a consistent skill with Staines on that side we are going to be scary good.
He did one in the trial game too. Why people say he can't pass I don't know.

The Realist

Juniors
Well clearly I am seeing things differently to everyone else.

The Cowboys were Diabolically bad. They were so pathetic there were reserve grade teams that would have beaten them today. Kyle Feldt by himself was a one man horror show.

Our efforts against them were poor. I could never imagine being this unsatisfied with a 24-0 Victory but here we are.

The other 'good' teams in this comp would have put 50-60 on that complete rabble - those teams being Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Raiders perhaps even the Eel's. Our attack was awful and clunky.

The plan seemed to be give it to Laui and the Mt Druitt mob on the left even if they had ZERO space to work with and it was bad. It seemed as though they thought they could score off every play. WRONG. You have to create space on the outside by having your forwards creating momentum and drawing some of the defence toward them! The amount of times I saw them receive the ball flat footed 15 metres from the sideline and think they could go around them was crazy. Even the diabolical Cowboys could defend that most of the time and they did. Seemingly the hype has gotten to their heads. Enough of the 'Hero ball' - I hope that IC cuts that crap out - thankfully they seem to realise it toward the middle of the 2nd half and cut back on that a little.

The handling errors from our team were awful. We have to cut that shit out quick smart if we want to contend for a top 2 spot.

Our Defence was seemingly excellent - but it is hard to judge. The Cowboys offered close to nothing and their mounting error rate fatigued them. So it could have been a case of we 'forced' them into constant error - or they were just hopeless. IMO it was a bit of both.

Based on this game I could say two things - we would have lost to the other Top 6 teams on today's form (maybe not the Eel's) - and the Cowboys would have to be clear favourites for the spoon.

Jane Murray

Bench

The Cowboys were Diabolically bad. They were so pathetic there were reserve grade teams that would have beaten them today. Kyle Feldt by himself was a one man horror show.

Our efforts against them were poor. I could never imagine being this unsatisfied with a 24-0 Victory but here we are.

The other 'good' teams in this comp would have put 50-60 on that complete rabble - those teams being Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Raiders perhaps even the Eel's. Our attack was awful and clunky.

The plan seemed to be give it to Laui and the Mt Druitt mob on the left even if they had ZERO space to work with and it was bad. It seemed as though they thought they could score off every play. WRONG. You have to create space on the outside by having your forwards creating momentum and drawing some of the defence toward them! The amount of times I saw them receive the ball flat footed 15 metres from the sideline and think they could go around them was crazy. Even the diabolical Cowboys could defend that most of the time and they did. Seemingly the hype has gotten to their heads. Enough of the 'Hero ball' - I hope that IC cuts that crap out - thankfully they seem to realise it toward the middle of the 2nd half and cut back on that a little.

The handling errors from our team were awful. We have to cut that shit out quick smart if we want to contend for a top 2 spot.

Our Defence was seemingly excellent - but it is hard to judge. The Cowboys offered close to nothing and their mounting error rate fatigued them. So it could have been a case of we 'forced' them into constant error - or they were just hopeless. IMO it was a bit of both.

Based on this game I could say two things - we would have lost to the other Top 6 teams on today's form (maybe not the Eel's) - and the Cowboys would have to be clear favourites for the spoon.
Wow? I see that you're back to your positive self again?

Original Name

Juniors
Good for metres. Definitely.

But anything else he contributed could be matched by anyone.
When it comes to backs running at the set defensive line and getting a quick play play the ball away to set up the set for the following runs surely he's one of the best. Not as good as To'o is now but up there.

Original Name

Juniors

Almost every game last year we lifted against the top teams. Against a top 6 team our effort would have rose to match it, that's just how the team plays nowadays. Didn't smash any of the the bottom 4 teams last year by 40+ except the Dogs pre finals yet made the gf. Rugby League matches aren't played in a vacuum. You can't add these things up like it's math when human beings are involved. You need to add some perspective.

Original Name

Juniors
Did anyone see Edwards throw a cut out pass to the right. I didn't think he was capable. If he makes that a consistent skill with Staines on that side we are going to be scary good.
In the u/20'Edwards wasn't capable of the quick hands he's shown to have for like 2 years now. These skills are all developed. There's no reason to think he can't develop further. His ball playing has come this far from nothing.

betcats

Referee
Gotta admit Edwards looked like he had taken another big step in terms of his development, he looked great passing or running the ball

Latest posts