What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

WestyLife

First Grade
Typical round 1 game. Very happy though and we didn't lose anything with the players we replaced this year.

age.s

First Grade
We had a few games like that last year. Never threatened, consistently dangerous but bombed tries left and right keeping the scoreboard modest. We should have hit at least 40, but the foundation was there and you'd think the composure would improve from the first round. Always nice keeping a team to nil too but in truth they were abject. Might be a long year up in Townsville, particularly if they keep Lolo off for half a game.

Edwards, Cleary, To'o, Capewell, Kikau, Fish, Leniu were all awesome, but everyone put in a solid shift. It's going to be a good year I think.

snickers007

Juniors
Because we have the best pack in the comp. When Josh was a star he was carrying absolute bums here. Straight up bad footballers

I mean Mansour was top 5 for post contact metres in the entire comp last year. Let's not pretend that he wasn't contributing last season.

mxlegend99

Referee
Attack was rusty. Defence was top notch.

Attack should improve naturally though. Better start than our 2020 season. Honestly we didnt look good until after our loss to Eels last year. Some very ugly games along the way.

soc123_au

Staff member
Great result off a mixed performance.

Edwards was fantastic, probably my mom with Cleary not too far behind.

I think the Momo, Staines edge has some serious potential. I'm hoping they can get it together in the coming weeks.

chrisD

Coach
So May is going to spell Api. I'm not big on May at hooker but he looked pretty good there tonight and I guess it's probably the best option to get him in there and involved. I'd assume if the game was in doubt Api would come back on towards the end, and May might shuffle elsewhere then.

The only time the cows had the ascendancy was at the start of the second half and I put it down to Martin, Huth and Spencer not having been strong defensive during that period. Martin's defence particularly concerns me, it's all effort without any perspective.

Fish doesn't need to play so long that first stint and Yeo doesn't need to play so long. No need to kill them.

More bombs, less Kikau stepping inside.