What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

Girds89

Bench
Why not wing? To me that’s his most natural position.

You, and others, say it's his most natural position, however he has mostly played centre at nrl level.

How do you come to thst conclusion based off his performances at centre in nrl? Score 20 tries in 30 games....let's move him further away from the ball.

We saw last night, Staines barely touched it in a shut out performance. They attacked on the left because that's where the x factor is. Naden needs to be right centre

Girds89

Bench
Ivan wants strong defence in centre though. Mom ticks those boxes

Defence can be coached and taught.

X factor you either have or don't.

As I've said before. Look at Michael Jennings. His Defence was average at best. Some good coaching and he was one of the best defensive centres in the league.

Naden has x factor. If cleary is worried about his Defence than he and other coaches should be working over time to help him!

franklin2323

Immortal
Can anyone tell me with a straight face that we'd have beaten the Storm or Roosters last night?

Souths probably would have though I think we'd have beaten the Eel's. Guess we will see with the Raiders.

Last night was as unimpressive as a 24-0 win gets. It was as ameaturish performance (in attack) as I have seen in a while with a scoreboard that looked great only because the opposition were a complete and utter rabble that honestly were not NRL standard.

I guess the positive is, that there is significant room for improvement which is an exciting prospect.

Round 3 will be the real test.

In those conditions what makes you think Roosters and Storm hold the ball?

It was hot, humid and perfect conditions to drop the ball

panthersam

Juniors
We saw last night, Staines barely touched it in a shut out performance. They attacked on the left because that's where the x factor is. Naden needs to be right centre

Just because he didn’t score doesn’t mean that he barely touched it, off the top of my head he got put into touch twice right near the line and also put in two nice little kicks for himself in that right corner.

Regardless of who plays on the right we are always going to be more left side dominant with our attacks because of the weapons we have on that side. Lots of teams will be the same way too, Souths being a great example with their left hand side too.

murraymob

First Grade
Interest to read 2 bulldogs officials where at the game watching Burton last night .they are ramping up the presure to get him.They clearly have a lack of respect for our club.Just for that I say screw them Burton you are going no where

hindy111

Post Whore
Unfortunately, I couldn't watch the game, who was the best, Panther player, and what areas needs improvements?

Nathan,Edwards seemed like the difference. The Fish also looked good along with Too.

Bombed a lot of tries but atleast created the chances. Sometimes the balls stick and other times they don't. Could of hit 50 if they did.

franklin2323

Immortal
Cows threw nothing at us.

I know you can only play what's in front of you but we'd have missed much more versing storm or chooks. Storms first half was absolutely clinical and no team in the nrl was stopping that.

Last night was a nice win. A lot to work on now.

Positives for me were clearys kicking game has improved again.
Brian Too fantastic
Edwards continues to prove doubters wrong
Spencer is a very special talent
Eiso made me eat my words. Whilst it's easy to look good with 65% possession..I thought he was strong. I hope he keeps it up. He is a tall guy, should be encouraged to offload in attacking territory

Concerns-
Staines is definitely going to be a work in progress and take time. Only 80 odd meters in a completely dominant performance is not the best. I don't expect him to be mansour but he should be used more around the ruck and tired markers.

I thought our right side in general lacked a bit of punch. Capewell was good but it stopped there. Momo and Staines really did nothing. Our attack was very much dominated through middle and left. Our attack was clunky in general though so im sure it'll improve.

We had the best defence last year. Last night was a continuation from that

It is a new right side so will take time. Luai and Edwards popped up on the right side which will help. I have said for a while Naden is the best option out there. Is decent enough speed. With size to break tackles

Smug Panther

First Grade
Interest to read 2 bulldogs officials where at the game watching Burton last night .they are ramping up the presure to get him.They clearly have a lack of respect for our club.Just for that I say screw them Burton you are going no where
Lack of respect f**k me lol

franklin2323

Immortal
You, and others, say it's his most natural position, however he has mostly played centre at nrl level.

How do you come to thst conclusion based off his performances at centre in nrl? Score 20 tries in 30 games....let's move him further away from the ball.

How many of those tries were scored on the wing though?

I have mentioned the Souths game. After Staines went off v Manly. He took and Intercept and scored

Warriors game in the wet he scored on the wing. I am sure there were others that is just off the top of my head

Jane Murray

Bench
Nathan,Edwards seemed like the difference. The Fish also looked good along with Too.

Bombed a lot of tries but atleast created the chances. Sometimes the balls stick and other times they don't. Could of hit 50 if they did.
With regards to the dropped balls, it has humid, and a uncomfortable evening, that would not help.

Girds89

Bench
How many of those tries were scored on the wing though?

I have mentioned the Souths game. After Staines went off v Manly. He took and Intercept and scored

Warriors game in the wet he scored on the wing. I am sure there were others that is just off the top of my head

Probably 15 at centre 5 on wing.

panthersam

Juniors
Did Api get injured? He was off for a long time

I thought that was interesting too, no reports of any injury as of yet so maybe he felt comfortable enough in the position we were in to get May as many minutes in at the hooker role as possible if that’s where he plans to mostly use him this season.

hindy111

Post Whore
I thought that was interesting too, no reports of any injury as of yet so maybe he felt comfortable enough in the position we were in to get May as many minutes in at the hooker role as possible if that’s where he plans to mostly use him this season.

If the game es won I would give guys like Kikau and Korisau less minutes. Keep them fresh for the big games.

murraymob

First Grade
Leota had ice on the ribs
Crighton ice on the thigh
Both seemed to be moving okay

panthersam

Juniors
If the game es won I would give guys like Kikau and Korisau less minutes. Keep them fresh for the big games.

I thought that for Kikau last night too, at one point I didn’t expect to see him back either but I think for a bigger boy like him they would want to get a bit more of the match fitness under his belt.

Latest posts