What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Canberra @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 1: Canberra v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fordy20

Juniors
Might just watch a replay of the Manly trial every week for the next five weeks instead of watching us play if the boys are going to turn in performances like that.

stryker

First Grade
To all those I’ve fought with over the years re: Jacob Liddell...are you starting to see what I’m talking about yet? We’ve wasted shitloads of money on a kid who can’t handle this level.

macnaz

Staff member
Some normal WT's features to the game , points prior to and after halftime. Altho the scoreline blew out i dont believe it indicated the true outline of the game.
We could look back and question our defence due to the score but i believe we lost the game by the inability to challenge the Raiders defence and wear them down while in possession, we played almost the opposite game plan to what blew Manly away a fortnight ago. We played flat boring football without fighting for quick play the ball and offloads. When the offloads came players in support werent even there or hungry to look for them. Imbo isnt 1st grade and Brooks is on borrowed time, if he cant perform when doueihi is back we have to try someone else as his flaws appear to never change .
3.Laurie
2.Lucy
3. Offy

Perth Tiger

Bench
Was always going to be difficult with a back up 5/8 and having to rely on Brooks, I’ll wait until we see what AD will bring before slitting my wrists.

There was a few green shoots there, like Laurie, but still the same old manure patch we have been haversting from for the last 10 years

simmo1

First Grade
Yuck. Thought we were going to be in for a long year but was hoping for better than that. Most of the forwards and Laurie were good, but backs and halves were abysmal. Looked completely directionless in attack. Lucky the Raiders execution was a bit off or it could have got ugly.

Talau, Blore and Madden in for BJ, Garner and Brooks by midway through the season.

JohnnyThailand

Juniors
Laurie looked good. But it also wasn't particularly difficult to look good when the rest of the spine looked shit.

Quiet game from Nofo. No fault of his own. Kepaoa the same.

B.J and Roberts looked shit in attack. Similar to the wingers, no fault of their own as every attacking play conjured by Brooks or Mbye was absolute putrid stinky dogshit. But the constant attempts at offloads from BJ and Roberts aimless cross field runs don't help.

Brooks and Mbye looked like lower table reserve grade quality half's. The kicking, organizing and leading was beyond sub par. It was embarrassing. Mbye I can kind of understand as he was playing a position he didn't train in. But Brooks... He should hang his head in shame at whatever that performance was supposed to be.

The forwards looked more dangerous in attack then the backs. Which basically says it all. Good job. But someone tell Luciano to quit the offload competition with his bro.

Liddle looks antsy, nervous, not composed. Like he's to busy thinking about how lucky he is to be playing NRL than to actually be calm about it. I don't think he'll pan out. All good hookers look composed and relaxed, plotting, planning. Smith. Cook. Hodgson. Not like they're thinking 'shit. If I don't do something immediately then coach will cut me'.

Plus he threw at least 1 forward pass every set. Thank god each one didn't get called up by the refs.

Wizardman

First Grade
We have the worst 6,7 and 9 in the comp by a country mile. I am sick and f**king tired of Luke Brooks. I gave up on him last season...I wish our club would as well. He cannot steer a team around and has absolutely no idea out there.
From one myth to another....Jacob Liddle. Thank f**k he didn't have a Brooks-like debut or we'd have him for another five years. Slow as f**k and cannot pass. Harry Grant and Liddle....what a difference.
Both need to f**k off as soon as possible from our club.

stryker

First Grade
Yuck. Thought we were going to be in for a long year but was hoping for better than that. Most of the forwards and Laurie were good, but backs and halves were abysmal. Looked completely directionless in attack. Lucky the Raiders execution was a bit off or it could have got ugly.

Talau, Blore and Madden in for BJ, Garner and Brooks by midway through the season.
We need a hooker as well.

Tigerm

First Grade
We have the worst 6,7 and 9 in the comp by a country mile. I am sick and f**king tired of Luke Brooks. I gave up on him last season...I wish our club would as well. He cannot steer a team around and has absolutely no idea out there.
From one myth to another....Jacob Liddle. Thank f**k he didn't have a Brooks-like debut or we'd have him for another five years. Slow as f**k and cannot pass. Harry Grant and Liddle....what a difference.
Both need to f**k off as soon as possible from our club.
Prob won’t happen, but I would still like to see Brooks at 9 at some stage this year?

I’m sure they will give everyone a few more games before bringing the razor out.

WA Tiger

Bench
Should have thrown the 6 to Laurie when it was obvious Mbye was out of his depth~And we were still in it- half way through the second half- that slick kick of Laurie’s was enough to convince me...
This inability to make on the run decisions, hasn’t improved.

Last edited:
I know we have a number of new players and the team will require some time to gel but in regards to Brooks, there is a reason he hasn’t played semi final football, if he cannot organise a side or set up a play after 9 seasons I seriously doubt he will ever be able to.
We all know Packer and Mbye simply occupy salary cap space and need to go,Garner to me is another player that offers SFA and needs to be f###ed off.