What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

redv13

Bench
Yes I see and understand your point. My take is that we have good depth in th halves and so it will be a case of use them or lose them. Norman if extended cold very well sit back and do what he's done for the last few years again.
Yeah it’s risky but it’s a catch 22. Throw young kids in and there not ready for the week to week grind and we’re screwing them up for the long haul. I’m more than happy for Griffin to make the calls on who stays, who goes and who comes in

getsmarty

Immortal
Do we have the updated team lists yet ? I can't see them anywhere.

Amended NRL squad for Round 4 v Newcastle Knights –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Brayden Wiliame – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by TripADeal
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Deicorp

Interchange:
14. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Trent Merrin – sponsored by St.George Bank
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
18. Kaide Ellis
19. Jordan Pereira

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/03/30/nrl-team-announcement-round-4-v-knights/

possm

Coach
Yeah it’s risky but it’s a catch 22. Throw young kids in and there not ready for the week to week grind and we’re screwing them up for the long haul. I’m more than happy for Griffin to make the calls on who stays, who goes and who comes in
Yes that is why we can bring the young ones on in seasons 2021, 2022 and 2023 as opportunities allow. With Norman gone Sullivan and Amone can be used in rotation. At the back Ramsey to fullback in 2021 in preperation for 2022. If he is not suitable, then Sloan and then Schiller if necessary. All of htese three players can play in the back 5 positions.

Lewish33

Juniors
Norman really needs to step up and have a blinder today. Playing for a contract either here or somewhere else. Never a better opportunity to show what he’s capable of than today

thebigredv

First Grade
Norman really needs to step up and have a blinder today. Playing for a contract either here or somewhere else. Never a better opportunity to show what he’s capable of than today

More likely will fumble and bumble his way through then will kick a winning field goal and buy himself a 5 year extension.

TruSaint

Referee
Charlie-Sheen-Winning-gif.gif

Dragons 09

Juniors
Good test for the boys without Ben and Jack but is also a barometer for Hooks overall plan.
I'm liking what Hook is trying to achieve and even more impressed that the team are buying into it and playing with a lot more spirit than previous years.

Hunt is a big loss no doubt and Hunt/Norman are our best halves combo, but Clune/Norman is a better fit than Clune/Hunt, so while not ideal, not a total disaster either. Having Macca's experience and game smarts will also help ease the pain of Hunts loss.

Bird is the bigger loss today. He has been our point of aggression over the last couple of weeks and up against a very good forward pack, we need someone else to take it to the knights and ruffle some feathers. Fui will play his role in this, but i think we might see the best of Tariq today (better than we have seen in a long while).

It's a big ask in front of a full house of Knights supporters and having some key players down, but we have some steel in our soul again and i expect us to still be grinding away and in the fight to the very end.

A 6-8 point win by us wouldn't surprise me at all.

redVinme

Bench
Drags to win
Lomax for tries then teriyaki
Ramsey more than toa
Duff first try scorer
450/1 on Ladbrokes with boost.

Giddy up

kit66

Bench
Amended NRL squad for Round 4 v Newcastle Knights –

Interchange:
18. Kaide Ellis
19. Jordan Pereira

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/03/30/nrl-team-announcement-round-4-v-knights/

Thanks getsmarty. I was wondering if Barnett and J,Saifiti had made the cut for Newie but it's on telly soon so not to worry. Appreciate it though.

getsmarty

Immortal
Thanks getsmarty. I was wondering if Barnett and J,Saifiti had made the cut for Newie but it's on telly soon so not to worry. Appreciate it though.

Your welcome...updated squads out in a few minutes as you stated. Enjoy your afternoon...go the Dragons.

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL team for Round 4 v Newcastle Knights –

Interchange: