What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 V Newcastle

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Friz always baffled me a bit. Could have been an actual monster, in the Taumalolo class, but he never quite reached those heights. He was good, don't get me wrong, but I felt he couldn't actually reach the next level. The fact he could never quite master how to hit holes like the better 2nd rowers always annoyed me too.

In fairness to him, the majority of his career was spent with one of worst coaches in NRL history, so not surprised he needed a change, End of the day, these guys are competitors and they will eventually get sick of losing.

Just not quite sure the Knights will give him what he wants (other than money). I don't actually think they are any closer to a comp than we are?

Crush

Coach
Game day. I’m not as confident as I was earlier in the week. Every game this round has been a blowout to the favourite. There hasn’t been one upset.
Knights up there in front of a full house will be tough to beat without Hunt and Bird. Nervous.

jeffdragon

Bench
Game day. I’m not as confident as I was earlier in the week. Every game this round has been a blowout to the favourite. There hasn’t been one upset.
Knights up there in front of a full house will be tough to beat without Hunt and Bird. Nervous.

These last 4 gales are evenly matched.
It was the haves v the have nots in the first 4 games.
I eagerly await all our games
We are a chance to win it.
Any win we can get without Hunt is a bonus.

ALSGI

Bench
Looking forward to it.
Real shame about Hunt and Bird but they have a couple out and Ponga is a huge one.
We’ll be in it if our forwards can compete again, and they’ve been going well.
Think we have the backs to beat them.
Huge stage, big crowd perfect for a Sunday arvo game and should prepare us for a few Sunday big crowds coming up at Bankwest v Eels, KJO v Warriors and then Anzac Day.
Dragons by 10.
Go the Mighty Dragons.

Crush

Coach
Looking forward to it.
Real shame about Hunt and Bird but they have a couple out and Ponga is a huge one.
We’ll be in it if our forwards can compete again, and they’ve been going well.
Think we have the backs to beat them.
Huge stage, big crowd perfect for a Sunday arvo game and should prepare us for a few Sunday big crowds coming up at Bankwest v Eels, KJO v Warriors and then Anzac Day.
Dragons by 10.
Go the Mighty Dragons.
We have a real opportunity this year.
If we can win at Knights vs Knights I reckon it sets up our season. 3/4 is a great start.
But if we are to be fair dinkum we probably need to win today. I don’t think Knights are a top 8 side.
Remember we have some real tough games mid season so we need to bank these wins now to make the eight.

Illusion

Bench
:)
We have a real opportunity this year.
If we can win at Knights vs Knights I reckon it sets up our season. 3/4 is a great start.
But if we are to be fair dinkum we probably need to win today. I don’t think Knights are a top 8 side.
Remember we have some real tough games mid season so we need to bank these wins now to make the eight.
If we win today I might even buy a ticket for the bus mate......

Illusion

Bench
These last 4 gales are evenly matched.
It was the haves v the have nots in the first 4 games.
I eagerly await all our games
We are a chance to win it.
Any win we can get without Hunt is a bonus.
Jeff it would be great to win this without Hunt .... What a difference a real coach can make , last year and previous would not have cared whether Hunt played or not ..... The way he has played this year he will be missed , but still think we can win it .....

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
I believe that our old mate Fitz may have something to say about our chances of taking the game today . Not that he has anything to prove , he will go out their and give his all for the jersey on his back .

Therefore we - as so many have said - the Dragons must match the Knights forwards , we simply cannot allow them to get into their usual free running , we must meet their big boys front on and if we can do this then the Dragons will have a good chance of taking the 2 competition points back to Kogarah , err I mean the ‘gong .

FlameThrower

Bench
I believe that our old mate Fitz may have something to say about our chances of taking the game today . Not that he has anything to prove , he will go out their and give his all for the jersey on his back .

Therefore we - as so many have said - the Dragons must match the Knights forwards , we simply cannot allow them to get into their usual free running , we must meet their big boys front on and if we can do this then the Dragons will have a good chance of taking the 2 competition points back to Kogarah , err I mean the ‘gong .
It will be a tight game, with maybe errors and luck the difference....Knights should be favourites so we need to start strong and not let them get away to a lead. Biggest test so far this season for us... hope Hook and Co, have the team primed.

possm

Coach
Even with Mary as coach, we used to regularly beat a Bennett coached Newcastle side up in Newcastle.

redv13

Bench
Today is a perfect example for CN to stand up and demand to be taken seriously for a new contract for 2022. There is no reason for Saints to not be confident. Yes we are missing Hunt and Bird but they are missing Ponga and Best. Very winnable game where attitude, aggression and effort will go a long way to deciding how we want to showcase ourselves for 2021. A legit top 8 side or a bottom 5 side. Over to you Mr Norman

possm

Coach
Today is a perfect example for CN to stand up and demand to be taken seriously for a new contract for 2022. There is no reason for Saints to not be confident. Yes we are missing Hunt and Bird but they are missing Ponga and Best. Very winnable game where attitude, aggression and effort will go a long way to deciding how we want to showcase ourselves for 2021. A legit top 8 side or a bottom 5 side. Over to you Mr Norman
If I owned a business in which one of my staff performed poorly for two years and only showed his talents leading up to a contract extension, I would let hm go no matter what.

redv13

Bench
If I owned a business in which one of my staff performed poorly for two years and only showed his talents leading up to a contract extension, I would let hm go no matter what.
I understand and yes it frustrating as hell but you have to play it as you see it. Again I have not been a fan of Norman but playing under the ex peanut of a “coach” did him zero favours. Let’s judge all our players under Griffin before we crucify them

possm

Coach
I understand and yes it frustrating as hell but you have to play it as you see it. Again I have not been a fan of Norman but playing under the ex peanut of a “coach” did him zero favours. Let’s judge all our players under Griffin before we crucify them
Yes I see and understand your point. My take is that we have good depth in th halves and so it will be a case of use them or lose them. Norman if extended cold very well sit back and do what he's done for the last few years again.

Latest posts