What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris Quits

I disagree and think he was given a fair go. No one was expecting him to win the comp with the roster constraints imposed on him. His record against top eight teams however was rubbish and there were/are no signs that he’ll take Cronulla to the next level. To respond to your above, Trent Robinson could’ve been given the flick after the disastrous 2016 season if Stuart (who had more good years than bad) is a case to go by. The club demands for success is well documented. The board however were privy at what went on behind the scenes and their faith in him never wavered. The Sharks board are equally privy at what goes on behind the scenes at Cronulla. And love ‘em or hate ‘em for it but through their dealings with him, they don’t think he’s a next level coach. So much so they’ve put their arses on the line.
If Roosters, Storm, Bunnies etc make a call on a coach or players, no matter how ruthless they would be viewed as doing what they felt needed to be done. It would not be a media beat up to this degree.

Cronulla have simply drawn the line in the sand and said, if we are to compete we have to set expectations and drive our business to those expectations, not on who is a good guy or accept less in results and standards.

people better get used to it. It’s how it will be going for forward, no matter how much certain so called journo’s want to carry on or people think they are too harsh.

tough

[QUOTE="Miller was a legend, post: 14637334, member: 22212"]If Roosters, Storm, Bunnies etc make a call on a coach or players, no matter how ruthless they would be viewed as doing what they felt needed to be done. It would not be a media beat up to this degree.

Cronulla have simply drawn the line in the sand and said, if we are to compete we have to set expectations and drive our business to those expectations, not on who is a good guy or accept less in results and standards.

people better get used to it. It’s how it will be going for forward, no matter how much certain so called journo’s want to carry on or people think they are too harsh.
tough[/QUOTE]

That was my point a couple of posts back too

typicalfan

Coach
If Roosters, Storm, Bunnies etc make a call on a coach or players, no matter how ruthless they would be viewed as doing what they felt needed to be done. It would not be a media beat up to this degree.

tough
I don't know about that but Roosters and Storm are probably the benchmark regarding the front office and the speculation about Latrell Mitchell and the Roosters for both doing business is far in excess to what is happening here.

There is no easy way but being transparent is obviously the best way, especially when you want to attract talent to your club.

I don't know about that but Roosters and Storm are probably the benchmark regarding the front office and the speculation about Latrell Mitchell and the Roosters for both doing business is far in excess to what is happening here.

There is no easy way but being transparent is obviously the best way, especially when you want to attract talent to your club.
So let me get this straight

if we now attract talent, we actually handled this right?

we will
We did

we don’t care if anyone’s feeling are hurt

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dont blame the sharks for swapping Fitz for morris, thats just good business. But behaviour in these situations speaks volumes and the way it was done was pretty shoddy, but then that’s why sharks have been a basket case for the last twenty years I suppose.

Dont blame the sharks for swapping Fitz for morris, thats just good business. But behaviour in these situations speaks volumes and the way it was done was pretty shoddy, but then that’s why sharks have been a basket case for the last twenty years I suppose.
As long as we entertain you

that’s the important part

Frailty

First Grade

How should have the Sharks done it? What behaviours are you specifically referring to?

Perth Red

Post Whore
How should have the Sharks done it? What behaviours are you specifically referring to?

Clearly they wanted to go in a different direction and had made that decision a long time before this meeting.

A day before the Sharks made their decision, Morris held a 90-minute crisis meeting with the club, where he was told he was still in the mix to retain his role as the club's senior coach.

"The door was left open [after the meeting]," he added.

"I don't want to question the club on what happened. Within 24 hours of that, I was terminated."

tough

Lol.
LU bled dry when Souths ousted Maguire.

Clearly they wanted to go in a different direction and had made that decision a long time before this meeting.

A day before the Sharks made their decision, Morris held a 90-minute crisis meeting with the club, where he was told he was still in the mix to retain his role as the club's senior coach.

"I don't want to question the club on what happened. Within 24 hours of that, I was terminated."
If you read this article it gives another side to it all, not the one-sided rhetoric that has been going on.
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sh...reveals-relocation-fears-20210415-p57jgx.html

Perth Red

Post Whore

One side of the story because it suits your pathetic agenda PR.

Research some more.

His Manager already knew he knew before the meeting on Monday
He and his manager were told he HAD front running for two years.
WTF would they say he is in the box seat (so to speak) when he clearly wasn’t.
You can latch onto the Morris /Orr rhetoric all you like.

bottom line he is gone
He is more than likely a good bloke but not what the club needs going forward
Good bye and good luck