What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

Tiger Shark

Bench
My opinion on the whole situation has completely changed. I want Reyno to stay on one year deals so badly. Love the bloke and he is a club legend. I'll be absolutely heartbroken if he goes. But my opinion on it has changed, I agree with the club's stance in only offering him the one year. It's a tough, business decision and sadly, that's just the situation we are in. Despite him being a club legend, the club has to plan for the future and can't go all in on the one player at the detriment of so many other areas. We're not being disloyal, we have made him a fair offer and want him to stay.

South Sydney is the best place for Reyno and I can't understand why he won't just accept the one year and back himself.

But seriously guys, why all the negativity?? People are gonna right us off for the next five years because of a couple of players? Look, that may well happen but we just don't know. We might handle it well and carry on competing, you just don't know. So why can't we back our club and trust the process?

The year 2026 looms as the ideal time to introduce two-conference system, says Phil Gould: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...il-gould/3dc461a0-7199-4179-ae7d-25d0e3d7ee93

You can’t understand why a rugby league player wouldn’t accept a 1 year deal over a 3 year deal? Seriously?

Mad Bunny

Juniors
Hey All, Until Reynolds signs on the dotted line he is still at souths, what he has to way up will he be remembered like Sutton! No use even trying to speculate at this stage as Mad Bunny says adam is not going anywhere. He can become a souths legend!

Well said truthslayer true so true...

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
As listed on the Souths website
Jed Cartwright 104kg
Jaydn Sua 100kg

Burns, Cartwright and Marsters will all be on peanuts. Very little to do with the current cap issues
Marsters maybe, but I doubt Cartwright and Burns are on "peanuts".
What's "peanuts" - minimum wage? No way Cartwright is on minimum wage, players don't sign multi-year contracts for minimum wage.

104kg does surprise me though, he must have put on weight because no way he looked that last year.

Burns got an extension in 2019, I'd be surprised he signed an extension for a minimum wage

Anyway, did you read what I said above about why the club's cap position is what it is?

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
My opinion on the whole situation has completely changed. I want Reyno to stay on one year deals so badly. Love the bloke and he is a club legend. I'll be absolutely heartbroken if he goes. But my opinion on it has changed, I agree with the club's stance in only offering him the one year. It's a tough, business decision and sadly, that's just the situation we are in. Despite him being a club legend, the club has to plan for the future and can't go all in on the one player at the detriment of so many other areas. We're not being disloyal, we have made him a fair offer and want him to stay.

South Sydney is the best place for Reyno and I can't understand why he won't just accept the one year and back himself.

But seriously guys, why all the negativity?? People are gonna right us off for the next five years because of a couple of players? Look, that may well happen but we just don't know. We might handle it well and carry on competing, you just don't know. So why can't we back our club and trust the process?

The year 2026 looms as the ideal time to introduce two-conference system, says Phil Gould: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...il-gould/3dc461a0-7199-4179-ae7d-25d0e3d7ee93
Would you give up a guaranteed 2.4mil to get 700K and then question marks after that?

Mad Bunny

Juniors
reyno is going nowhere & souths will win the 2021 grand final glory glory to south sydney south sydney marches on to win their #22 premiership SSTID FOREVERINOURSHADOW

callmack1

Staff member
You can’t understand why a rugby league player wouldn’t accept a 1 year deal over a 3 year deal? Seriously?

Would you give up a guaranteed 2.4mil to get 700K and then question marks after that?
I get what you guys are saying but with guys like Reyno, it's different. He's a club legend and grew up loving this club. Souths are his life! For some players like Sutto for example, no amount of money or big contract would make them walk away. I was hoping Reyno would be the same but obviously not.

Rennos going I think.

I also think it’s a mistake.

But until the youngsters are given the opportunity, it’s hard to know for sure and certain.

But it’s a major risk on the balance.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I get what you guys are saying but with guys like Reyno, it's different. He's a club legend and grew up loving this club. Souths are his life! For some players like Sutto for example, no amount of money or big contract would make them walk away. I was hoping Reyno would be the same but obviously not.

Yeah sure, but that doesn't pay the bills. What does he have planned for life after footy? Not everyone walks into a media gig, coaching etc. I'm sure he's got plans but an extra guaranteed $1.6m dollars is sure going to be handy for when he retires.

Also can probably see Reynolds not being very happy with the club too. As you say he's meant to be this club legend but they're only offering a 1 year deal.

Sutton is different too, he was never going to get big money at other clubs. Also his one year extensions were when he was 32 years old, so older than Reynolds and in far far less demand than him.

Mad Bunny

Juniors
Yeah sure, but that doesn't pay the bills. What does he have planned for life after footy? Not everyone walks into a media gig, coaching etc. I'm sure he's got plans but an extra guaranteed $1.6m dollars is sure going to be handy for when he retires.

Also can probably see Reynolds not being very happy with the club too. As you say he's meant to be this club legend but they're only offering a 1 year deal.

Sutton is different too, he was never going to get big money at other clubs. Also his one year extensions were when he was 32 years old, so older than Reynolds and in far far less demand than him.

Fair statement ts but reyno is going nowhere...

Mad Bunny

Juniors
I can remember back in 1990 when we were broke and piggo use to spin the numbers every afternoon from the old silver bingo gizmo at the old souths club on the main bar downstairs at chalmers Street redfern, bruce longbottom would walk the aisles at the old sfs with a bucket and we would put money in each game back in the early 90's...i never forgot that bruce was a fair player too,and I knew kevin lumpy longbottom too he was a long distance sharp shooter in the old days in the 60's..we always sat at bay 35 up the back great view back then and when ever we won which was far and few between in those days and if we beat a top team we would head out of the sfs singing glory glory to south sydney as if we won a grand final as we marched out on the eastern side of the stadium maybe someone on here was there too in that era??.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A golf colleague of my father in law was saying Reyno is 100% gone. He’s connected to club too.
Yep and Knight said it on the radio the other day.

I don’t mean to be rude Mad Bunny but you need to face the fact he won’t be here next year as painful as it is we need to prepare as an announcement will come quite soon!

Latest posts