What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack De Belin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth67

First Grade
Surely to goodness the charges will not be dropped - how could they be ? They are before a court for that very reason - charges have been brought against them and they must bear fruit in either innocence or guilt .

redv13

Bench
Third day of deliberations completed without a verdict. Looking like another mistrial. Question will will be, will the Crown try again for a third time or give up
& drop the charges? If the charges are dropped rather than an innocent verdict what will the NRL will do?
If the charges are dropped then JDB is free to resume his career. The nrl cannot stop him from doing that

boardlumps62

Juniors
Surely to goodness the charges will not be dropped - how could they be ? They are before a court for that very reason - charges have been brought against them and they must bear fruit in either innocence or guilt .
The pro won't drop the charges how can they. But if the jury can't make a decision ie. Guilty or Not they will be back where they sta
Yes, it will be interesting to see what the NRL will do if the charges are dropped.
They have no alternative if guilty or not.
Maybe tomorrow we know.

possm

Coach
Surely after two hung jury's, there must be reasonable doubt about the guilt. Maybe this indicates that charges should never have been laid in the first place.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Surely after two hung jury's, there must be reasonable doubt about the guilt. Maybe this indicates the charges should never have been laid in the first place.
The jury is deliberating and is not get hung.

Re your notion that perhaps the charges should never have been laid is ridiculous and undermines our legal system.

You are yet again putting your football wishes ahead of understanding the gravity of what is happening.

possm

Coach
The jury is deliberating and is not get hung.

Re your notion that perhaps the charges should never have been laid is ridiculous and undermines our legal system.

You are yet again putting your football wishes ahead of understanding the gravity of what is happening.
I have always thought the case is weak and the motives of the cops are in question as far as I'm concerned. Hidden facts and outright lies from the police were ignored by the prosecution. Thus the reason for my doubt.

hewi

Bench
I have always thought the case is weak and the motives of the cops are in question as far as I'm concerned. Hidden facts and outright lies from the police were ignored by the prosecution. Thus the reason for my doubt.

Any case of sexual assault in NSW will end up in front of a jury unless it is quite plainly false. What I find extraordinary is that we have the detective in charge admitting under oath that he lied previously under oath. To me that should mean case dismissed and detective dismissed . Neither has happened but the one that has shocked me the most is the detective reappeared on the stand still in the force. Surely he must be sacked and charged with perjury if people are to have faith in the system.

Old Timer

Coach
You know what possm your doubt is based on nothing more than a few snippets of information offered up by the media.

Your assertion the case is week is purely based on very limited knowledge and your interpretation of what has been selectively reported.

The legal system is playing out as it should.

Thank f**k your weren’t in the jury as you seem to very easily swayed.

By the way do you think the girl asked the detective to lie and if not is it her fault that he did lie and do you think she should be denied her legal rights because of his actions?

I would have thought that this case is all about the actions of De Bellini & Sinclair and if people lied under oath that would constitute a completely separate legal matter.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This case has dragged on far to long. Lets' hope it is over and done with today so everyone can move on no matter the decision as long as it is the correct one.

In terms of what happens after if De Belin is free is Saints should take the NRL to court only purely because they "backdated" the rule not that they had implemented the rule as players now know the consequences and how long it can drag out. It is a rule that should stay. To put it on someone whilst there was no such rule in place at the time is just wrong and should be illegal. It is like putting up a speed camera today and sending out fines for people speeding last month. Something that is just plain wrong. The NRL screwed up big time here. Saints would win.

Goes to show how poorly the NRL was run under the 2 clown previously as I don't think the current guys in charge would do such a thing. They have brought in many changes or rules but never back dated them.

boardlumps62

Juniors
This case has dragged on far to long. Lets' hope it is over and done with today so everyone can move on no matter the decision as long as it is the correct one.

In terms of what happens after if De Belin is free is Saints should take the NRL to court only purely because they "backdated" the rule not that they had implemented the rule as players now know the consequences and how long it can drag out. It is a rule that should stay. To put it on someone whilst there was no such rule in place at the time is just wrong and should be illegal. It is like putting up a speed camera today and sending out fines for people speeding last month. Something that is just plain wrong. The NRL screwed up big time here. Saints would win.

Goes to show how poorly the NRL was run under the 2 clown previously as I don't think the current guys in charge would do such a thing. They have brought in many changes or rules but never back dated them.
Glad they didn't back date the 6 Again Rule at least I found the game ok to watch. Except for the chicken wing tackles, the wrestling, holding down, standing off side and the forward passes. Did I miss anything lol.

st.phil

Bench
What’s the article about ?
Powerful Sydney Roosters chairman Nick Politis wants to get cracking on locking down a deal with teenage sensation Sam Walker in the next 10 days now that the Jack de Belin court case is reaching its final stages.

Walker and de Belin share the same management company that is headed by Steve Gillis and Clinton Schifcofske and that is understood to have been the main reason why Walker’s negotiations have stalled in recent weeks.

Gareth67

First Grade
We should put in a good offer for Walker. At the very least it may inflate his Roosters deal by a bit.

I remember waaaaay back in the 70’s when the Dragons were about to sign Russell Fairfax from rugby union . His very proud parents were at the Taj Mahal to witness their son sign the contract , everyone was awaiting the arrival of Fairfax himself.

Well his father received a call from his son to tell him that he had just signed a contract with the Rorters and it was left up to the poor man to tell the news to the St.George officials .

The whole point of my story being that it would be poetic justice for the Dragons to do the same to them and snatch Walker from under their noses .

We could sweeten the pot somewhat by offering them storming Norman on the cheap ! :flushed:

Status
Not open for further replies.