What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons statement: Player breach

Saint Angelo

Juniors
My thought too. Now that Vaughns contract has been terminated, other clubs should be prevented from picking him up for next year. He needs to have at least 1 year suspension from the game. Otherwise all of this is for nought.
I can see him ending up at the Roosters.
Under their fabulous system and under the guidance of Robbo and Uncle Nick, they will get him back on track !!!

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
My thought too. Now that Vaughns contract has been terminated, other clubs should be prevented from picking him up for next year. He needs to have at least 1 year suspension from the game. Otherwise all of this is for nought.
Spot on. He’s a talented player and unfortunately, he’ll be picked up next year easily. The league should ban him for at least a year. Anyway, that’s just my thoughts.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Being a dragons supporter right now

giphy.gif
You mean… “being a dragons supporter for the past 10 years”

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Not sure there’s anymore to come out or else you’d think the club would have held off until it did. They must be confident all the cards have been laid on the table.🤞🏻
Yes it will be just the Hadleys, Kents, Rothfields Hoopers of this world that will milk it till the end......oh and rest of the Fox sports mob....theres to many of them to list on here

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Legally it would probably be harder to punt JDB as his previous "indiscretion" he was not convicted of in court. Hence you could not say he was on his second offence (even though his behaviour in this would be disappointing after your club stuck by him during his trials) unlike Vaughan who was on his second offence inside of 12 months for the exact same thing.
He brought the game into disrepute and was stood down for a year. Plus this latest indiscretion, I think that’s grounds for termination right?

No you f**ken simpleton, they should have done as directed and as most of the country is doing currently.
These blokes aren’t “lads” they are man-child morons who don’t care about anyone bar themselves…including each other.
As much as it will hurt, I hope the Dragons cut most of them. Maybe then they’ll wake the f**k up.
You’re a fool.

The dragons best interests are served by taking a broad view of the events and not leaving themselves vulnerable to the market in so many positions.

You well know that we can afford to slash and burn almost all of our Tigers players without any bad consequences, but the dragons are in the f**king top 8 and they can’t be chucking that away to keep the likes of you and other self righteous ponces jizzing over your re-runs of Australia’s Most Wanted.

You should arrest yourself for prying and snitching Stryker puss.

I hope your not posting this crap on our home forum, the boys won’t stand for it. Lucky I am not a dog. God knows what our mods would do with you if they knew about this Bro.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Do you want to provide a link to the story of " outsiders at the party " news ( I haven't seen one ) otherwise keep your hysterics to yourself.
There's a bit of it going around (hysterics). Each to their own of course.

But I particularly like how certain media are lining up, no... clamouring for attention, in order to reinforce their self proclaimed notion that they are the voice of the community. After all, they are real stars of the game,

And if you object to this display of entrenched arrogance, you get accused of the horrendous crime of wearing 'red and white glasses'. lol. As if you should apologise.

Go for it kit.

True_Believer

Juniors
8 weeks and $50k and contract torn up.
And reputation (rightly) in tatters.

I agree with what he got. Anything extra is over the top.
Whether he's stupid or not, he's a quality player. I just don't like the idea of players being able to jump to the next club and earn big bucks after an indiscretion that forced us to sack him. It's not teaching them anything. Not to mention the new club gains the benefits of a good forward

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So the punishments handed out and now time for evaluation.

Firstly, would have to say the Ryan Webb is proving to be an elite CEO (imo), not afraid to get in and get dirty when the need arises, acts swiftly and concisely and gives clear answers to questions at all levels. He has handled so many issues since his tenure started, inc: McGregor, fan base, the DeBelin incident, sponsorship, COVID mk1, Dufty/Norman, COVID mk2 and now this. All within his first, what, 18months on the job. We are lucky to have him, believe me!

Next, the environment within the Dragons has been toxic for a while now. It was started with the "mate" approach, that soon turned into the players believing they were above the Club, the team and the fans. Self-entitlement, laissez faire leadership lead to players doing basically what they wanted, playing the same way. The attitude became 'yeah, whatever!" and if you weren't on board with the coaching staff "mate" approach, you weren't on board at all. The Club, especially the CEO and new coaching team identified this very early and has been steering the ship on a new course since. The self-entitled, have already been identified and plans in place to remove them. Players brought in, whilst not your elite, and some definitely arguably past their "best", are direction changing players, attitude changing players.

Vaughan. Was already walking the tightrope. As eluded by a few there were rumours we were trying to offload him in a player swap. with now 3 high level indiscretions, attitude and general persona, this latest incident was the perfect catalyst to move on him. Good player (at times), but was a very poor example for younger players. For one, I'm glad he's gone.

Dufty and Norman, were identified early also (refer Vaughan comment above), hence they've already been told they won't be re-signed. Hook was tempted to hang on to Norman, only for the belief both Amone and Sullivan, who missed most of 2020, would need more time. That hand has now been dealt. Realising only 8 normal round games left, the hole to replace them now would have been too great a burden on the team.

Debelin, hard to believe he'd be out 'partying' so soon after his court case. Not surprised we didn't sack him though. However, his 'string' would have a few frays in it already, and he still has 3-4yrs to stop it fraying any further.

The others are just Lemmings, followers of the pack. I seriously doubt Alvaro, Ellis, Beale et al, are vocal leaders within the Club. Dumb as a box of rocks, for sure, being swayed by the "leaders" for sure. Obviously, can't say for sure but I can imagine the word 'bubble" was used to get them there.

Overall, the Club imposed fines and sanctions were just about as expected and appropriate. I hope, when the "community based service" is able to be done (post lockdown I imagine), they are forced to endure some hardship the 'normal' folk are having to during this time.

I hope we can all move on now, let this run its course over the next couple of days, and then get on with the plans for the Manly game. How they split the NRL based sanctions, will be a real task for Hook, as I believe, like him and a few others, our chances of playing finals is still alive. Hopefully, this incident will now bind the playing group closer together, with the guilty parties having to prove themselves even more.

Latest posts