What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers v Broncos

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Footballers are pigs. Plain and simple I doubt she is the only partner that has been cheated on. The other girls will be great support

I re-read the text interactions from Api and Amy. I get the impression this is not the first time he has cheated on her.....Api used the word 'again' when talking about it.

Personally I'm quite happy for what the NRL and Panthers decide to dish out to Api. He deserves it. It also pleased me to hear Ivan say that the club and team were doing everything they could to support Amy (his wife).

If he gets kicked to the curb, (and that's a big if) the NRL need to come in and de-register his contract for 12-18 months, so other slimy clubs can't come calling.

I just feel for his wife and of course his kids.

Girds89

Bench
The daily mail article covers everything.

Read it.

Sounds like none of his team mates knew. Was game one and 2. Game 3 he didnt see her. And she says that no one else knew.

Than after api called it off this other lady messaged his wife.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
$35,000 and 2 matches for Api. Lucky that he wasn't de-registered.

Bloody lucky. From what I can work out this isn't the first time he's cheated either. The bloke is a shit human being, might be a good footy player........but everything else about him is nasty.

His only saving grace was apparently the breach happened before the dragons, and the Jai arrow incidents........

Feel for his wife and kids.

GongPanther

Referee
nrl.com

Koroisau suspended, fined over Origin COVID breaches​

Dan Walsh

3-4 minutes

Penrith hooker Apisai Koroisau has been issued a two-game suspension and $35,000 fine for alleged COVID-19 breaches involving an unregistered female guest while he was in the NSW Origin bubble.
Koroisau allegedly brought a woman into NSW camp in the lead-up to and aftermath of Origin II in Brisbane in late June.
The NRL's breach notice, which proposes Koroisau be banned for the Panthers clash with Brisbane on Saturday and their grand final rematch with Melbourne in round 20, is in line with the punishment handed to Queensland star Jai Arrow for bringing an unregistered guest into Queensland camp leading into Origin III.
Significantly, the NRL Integrity Unit's findings and subsequent punishment have been issued on the basis that Koroisau's breaches came just after biosecurity rules were upgraded.
"In issuing the proposed penalty, the NRL has taken into account that the alleged breach took place prior to more recent breaches, including before a group of St George Illawarra Dragons players breached NSW Public Health orders and before Queensland Player Jai Arrow breached the game’s biosecurity protocols," an NRL statement said.

Cleary responds to Koroisau incident

"It also takes into account the alleged breach was shortly after an upgrade in biosecurity protocols."
A Panthers statement said the club supported the sanctions and are offering welfare assistance to the Koroisau family as the 28-year-old dummy-half prepares to accept his punishment.
"Apisai has expressed genuine remorse for his actions and understands the potential ramifications of his decisions on the viability of the game," Penrith said.
Koroisau's breach and concerns over family quarantine procedures on the Gold Coast saw a sharp warning issued by Queensland's chief health officer Jeannette Young on Friday morning.
With the entire NRL operation shifting to Queensland as a result of COVID-19 outbreaks in Sydney and Victoria, Young warned that further breaches could see the NRL's exemptions withdrawn by the government.
"I’m very, very concerned about what is happening with these NRL players," Young said.
"This is too risky. We just cannot have people deliberately breaching the rules.”
NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo reminded families of the restrictions of their 14-day quarantine during a phone hook-up on Thursday night after footage emerged of people passing goods between balconies.
Abdo said the game has stepped up its Apollo protocols to Level 4 since Koroisau's Origin breach in late June.
"All club hotels, under quarantine orders, are currently fenced off from the public and patrolled by security 24 hours a day," he said.
"We are taking every precaution to ensure there is no breach of the protocols and to keep the Queensland community safe.
"The environment has rapidly changed since this breach and players understand the consequences of failing to comply with the protocols."
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary will bring recently re-signed back-up rake Mitch Kenny into his starting side against the Broncos on Saturday.

Kilkenny

Coach
The recent events has the potential to really disrupt our camp and team going forward. It will be interesting to see how much of a negative impact it has tomorrow night, particularly having the families now in the bubble. The entire circumstances around this situation has the potential to be very detrimental going forward, the whole player, wives, family dynamic may have an impact on more than just the Koroisau’s

Kilkenny

Coach
Tomorrow night will be interesting to see what impact or otherwise the Api Koroisau saga has on our playing group.

I can’t help but feel it is a massive disruption not only in the short term, but going forward as well.

Its not about Api Koroisau not being in the team, rather the whole narrative around the other wives and families now in camp. The murmurings, the innuendoes, it is not good.

A home game at Suncorp against the Broncos go figure.

Two days ago some were worried about the disruptive influence TPJ might bring to our squad. He is the least of our worries right now.

The_Frog

First Grade
The recent events has the potential to really disrupt our camp and team going forward. It will be interesting to see how much of a negative impact it has tomorrow night, particularly having the families now in the bubble. The entire circumstances around this situation has the potential to be very detrimental going forward, the whole player, wives, family dynamic may have an impact on more than just the Koroisau’s
The NRL have done us a favour by finalising this matter quickly, so the media will just move on to the next scandal. I think it will be forgotten by finals time and likely well before, unlike the Tyrone May matter that dragged on for 18 months.

Kilkenny

Coach
The NRL have done us a favour by finalising this matter quickly, so the media will just move on to the next scandal. I think it will be forgotten by finals time and likely well before, unlike the Tyrone May matter that dragged on for 18 months.
The Tyrone May situation was an entirely different beast given it involved criminal charges which had to be played out in the courts.

This is entirely different. No favours at all.

Frankly, I won’t forget it and nor should anyone.

His indiscretions are despicable, and frankly I am happy for us to go forward with Mitch Kenny long beyond his two game suspension. If that compromises our chances of winning the 2021 GF so be it.

The_Frog

First Grade
The Tyrone May situation was an entirely different beast given it involved criminal charges which had to be played out in the courts.
Fully understand this, but the poor 2019 was attributed to it. This can be left behind pretty quickly but its clear some fans won't like him anymore, which is their prerogative.

snickers007

Juniors
His indiscretions are despicable, and frankly I am happy for us to go forward with Mitch Kenny long beyond his two game suspension. If that compromises our chances of winning the 2021 GF so be it.

I would have been happy for the club to match the NRLs sanction. Send a very clear message that no-one is above the team (or the game in this case) and that everyone is replaceable.

I reckon we're in a pretty big hole at the moment, and our premiership window is closing by the day.

franklin2323

Immortal
I would have been happy for the club to match the NRLs sanction. Send a very clear message that no-one is above the team (or the game in this case) and that everyone is replaceable.

I reckon we're in a pretty big hole at the moment, and our premiership window is closing by the day.

We are going to be full strength come finals. Up until Origin we were so dominate so much so Sportsbet paid out on us to win the comp... We will be good

I still have us not losing a game before the finals we are too stacked

Black Diamond

Juniors
We are going to be full strength come finals. Up until Origin we were so dominate so much so Sportsbet paid out on us to win the comp... We will be good

You honestly think we can beat Storm with Fish, Api and possibly Nath out? Big ask

Michael Matral

Juniors

I placed $300 @ $5.50 at the start of the year..my only bet all year and it was paid out after 12 rounds..$1650. As we are a true Panther family.. I split the winnings with my wife and daughters equal shares..

betcats

Referee
f**k Api. I’d be happy to move on from him. Anyone who acts that selfish towards their wife and daughters is not going to put the team first, genuine dick head in my eyes now, no respect for him.

franklin2323

Immortal
You honestly think we can beat Storm with Fish, Api and possibly Nath out? Big ask

Api and Nath didn't play in Round 3 when we beat them. This Storm side can't grind out games. Both their losses tight ones.

Last night a game with 50/50 possession they had less kick metres then Cowboys. So that is where we have the advantage. They are masters at turning mistakes into tries. So hold the ball and grind out we win.

We won't beat them in a high scoring shootout

Black Diamond

Juniors
Api and Nath didn't play in Round 3 when we beat them. This Storm side can't grind out games. Both their losses tight ones.

Last night a game with 50/50 possession they had less kick metres then Cowboys. So that is where we have the advantage. They are masters at turning mistakes into tries. So hold the ball and grind out we win.

We won't beat them in a high scoring shootout
That is all true but don't forget that game we beat them they also had key players out. Last night they were missing Kafusi and Finucane. We will see, if Cleary plays, everything changes. Happy to be proven wrong.

franklin2323

Immortal
That is all true but don't forget that game we beat them they also had key players out. Last night they were missing Kafusi and Finucane. We will see, if Cleary plays, everything changes. Happy to be proven wrong.

True but we have had natural development of guys like Martin. Anyway should be a great game either way