What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Nathan Brown

I’ll give Brown until we actually have a run of games with a decent halves combo (ie not CHT/Kodi) and see what it produces. A month or so of SJ with one of those two should be give us a better idea of what he’s got.
SJ hasn't exactly been carrying Sharks deep into finals year on year.
But we must make the 8 next year looking at the squad and hopefully home games

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
The coach gets big money to get the team performing.
How he does it is largely up to him.
Brown has a better squad than 2020.
Hard to justify him over previous coaches on his results.

There are obviously multiple levels to coaching from developing playing, man management, game plans, training etc.
Bennet is always spoken as a man management coach.
Bellamy seems to be able to develop any player into something.

It would be interesting to see stats on player developmentand what those KPIs would be.
How much development needs to happen before the NRL level?

nswarrior

Juniors
f**k off Nathan - plus take your best mate with you. Is he the defensive coach?

the team looks so disorganised

get some line speed in D. How about you just practise that 1 thing all week

Benek

Juniors
When the defensive attitude and effort is this poor across the whole team you can’t just blame the players. Coach needs to light a fire up their asses or find another job. As a fan I’m really embarrassed today.

Tongue

Juniors
So in all seriousness, I wonder what Browns KPI's were under the circumstances?
If there were any, he must be way under the minimum as we are a chance at the spoon and have lost 7 on the trot.

The squad at full strength is half decent, but the run of injuries is pretty dire and one of the worst casualty lists in the competition - so how much does that let him off the hook?

I just havent seen enough this year to fulfil me with confidence next year would be any better. I hate chopping and changing coaches, but man, this is a bad year and other coaches have been chopped for less.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
There'd have to be an argument that what the Warriors have faced in 2021 is at least in the conversation for the toughest NRL campaign in history. Ridiculous injury toll, the whole COVID situation, losing their football manager because he can't get in the country, having a home game scheduled then cancelled, the list goes on.

Maybe Brown can't coach. But no one's overcoming the things he's had to deal with.

Rich102

Staff member
What was the story with Jazz calling the Captains Challenge re his Fumble? Was he vice captain? If not he needs a bollocking. The rest of the team saw it was his mistake.
When the 2021 Dumbest Players in the NRL calendar comes out Jazz better start shaving his legs; he is going to have two months devoted to him.

TheDMC

Bench
f**k off Nathan - plus take your best mate with you. Is he the defensive coach?

the team looks so disorganised

get some line speed in D. How about you just practise that 1 thing all week
You could see within a few minutes of that game starting that our defence was slow to move forward and lacked intent. Far out, how hard can it be to move up fast and hard together...laughable

Rich102

Staff member
My thoughts on this is that we have Roger as the incumbent fullback - a job he is bloody good at. How many tries has he stopped this year on our tryline?
So we sign Walsh - good signing but with his size he is not going to stop anybody on our line. (Yesterday proved that.)
We are desperately lacking in the halves. ie we have no good ones - and it is killing us.
Walsh is more suited to half than fullback . (Just my opinion - his cut-out passes gets the back line into play.0
Yet Brown has been determined to get Walsh to fullback and move Roger.
Very short sighted and not what's best for the team.
That, and his insistence on playing Jazz , make him a poor coach. (In my opinion.)
JAZZ IS NOT A HOOKER. We have a reserve hooker, why not give him more of a run. If he doesn't improve then we desperately need a class hooker, or two, for next year. JAZZ IS NOT A HOOKER.
Brown is running out of excuses.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You could see within a few minutes of that game starting that our defence was slow to move forward and lacked intent. Far out, how hard can it be to move up fast and hard together...laughable
But isn't that human nature? We're f**ked. We were 4, now 6 points outside the 8. The season is a write off, huge injury toll, people just want to go home. It'd be nice if they could bar up and yeah I get it, they are paid well...but these are extraordinary circumstances.

To me, it has nothing to do with coaching.

There has, however, been some ropey selection issues that Brown will need to get on top of.

TheDMC

Bench
My thoughts on this is that we have Roger as the incumbent fullback - a job he is bloody good at. How many tries has he stopped this year on our tryline?
So we sign Walsh - good signing but with his size he is not going to stop anybody on our line. (Yesterday proved that.)
We are desperately lacking in the halves. ie we have no good ones - and it is killing us.
Walsh is more suited to half than fullback . (Just my opinion - his cut-out passes gets the back line into play.0
Yet Brown has been determined to get Walsh to fullback and move Roger.
Very short sighted and not what's best for the team.
That, and his insistence on playing Jazz , make him a poor coach. (In my opinion.)
JAZZ IS NOT A HOOKER. We have a reserve hooker, why not give him more of a run. If he doesn't improve then we desperately need a class hooker, or two, for next year. JAZZ IS NOT A HOOKER.
Brown is running out of excuses.

Presumably they signed Walsh with the explicit promise (to him and his family) that he would be Roger's replacement as fullback next season and everything this year would be geared toward preparing him for that. Playing him as a half might be best for the team and maybe even for Walsh in the long-term, but not what he signed on for so moving to that might be tricky and take some time/negotiation with him and his family.