What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Why do I have to turn phone to landscape to be able to click on the last page in a thread. Are our assistant coaches running this site now?

no idea, never heard that one before, have you tried turning your head sideways

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We joke about it and BA lives by it but "Front loading our effort" means exactly what? Is it also possible that the players have absolutely no fu*ken idea what this means?
It means don't conserve your effort. If you take it easy trying to keep some in the tank you'll end up fingered anyway chasing the opposition who are front loading their effort.

tl/dr: don't pace yourself

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I assume that it's about putting all the effort in early in the hope that it pays off late in the game by wearing down the opposition.
The problem is it doesn't work against the good teams
Nothing works against the good teams, that's why they're good. The only reliable way to beat them is to have a better team.

Noise

Coach
We joke about it and BA lives by it but "Front loading our effort" means exactly what? Is it also possible that the players have absolutely no fu*ken idea what this means?
I have wondered that too. If it means putting effort in at the start then what happens to our effort at the end?
Maybe he means concentrating our effort at the start of the season so we can relax come semi final time.
What would backloading effort look like? Or top loading?

gaffer

Juniors
couple of these front end loaders would see us scooping up some better teams

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 0

gaffer

Juniors
our plan for the games leading up to the finals if we make it, 3 bash ups through the middle give it to N Brown for the 4th then mitch to kick it to high heaven attack solved Murphy getting money for nothing

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have wondered that too. If it means putting effort in at the start then what happens to our effort at the end?
Maybe he means concentrating our effort at the start of the season so we can relax come semi final time.
What would backloading effort look like? Or top loading?
I wonder if BA is a Top or a bottom???

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
our plan for the games leading up to the finals if we make it, 3 bash ups through the middle give it to N Brown for the 4th then mitch to kick it to high heaven attack solved Murphy getting money for nothing
Did you see our eight tries in last year's finals? Not many came from a bombs. We'll be right, as long as our defence holds up.

Gazzamatta

Coach
He runs a mean water bottle though. Anyone overhear what he says to the players when he runs on?