What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

since77

Juniors
I think Mary is pulling the strings in the background at the Cows. Just read the below quote from Todd Payten in a Foxsports article this morning:

"We have to make them uncomfortable every day until we get to the point where we are comfortable being uncomfortable."

Our Mary is now being quoted by other coaches. The man is a genius and you guys were mocking him. Who is going to start the "Bring Mary back" thread?
I have so often thought Payten was cut out of the McGregor mould. The way he talks, the unfortunate bald similarity, the idiotic way he uses his best players. Hopefully for the Cowboys the people in charge are smarter than ours

Gareth67

First Grade
I have so often thought Payten was cut out of the McGregor mould. The way he talks, the unfortunate bald similarity, the idiotic way he uses his best players. Hopefully for the Cowboys the people in charge are smarter than ours
D1D0F563-4F85-48EC-A4C3-94B002A46605.jpeg
“ I can assure you that I am one of a kind - they broke that mould when I was cast ! Yuk yuk . “ 😶

Last edited:

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Absolutely.

Lowering ourselves to be submissive to other clubs and players who clearly have shown they don't want a bar of us is not going to turn our team around. Paying big money for Kikau types is just a necessary duty at this point but there's already a question mark over Moses Suli despite the fact that he'd likely improve our team on face value.

Let's hope our club our some external source help us to address the real issues going on that have led us to a decade of misery.
Unless WIN Corp starts to do what they are supposed to do in helping the club nothing will change. As for the current board members if that’s the problem or the playing group as a whole maybe someone here can answer that question that is close to the club and playing group. There is something very wrong at the Dragons.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Knowing Saints it will take them a year to fix it up

Maybe the can get the Mcpeanut back to fix it up!!
Don't even joke about it!

On another matter, I know the Dragons were looking at Billy Magoulias(?) from Cronulla a few months ago, but the rumour died out. I see he has no contract for next year - he should come cheap. Should the club take another look at him? He's a handy backrower with good ball skills. He might even create some desperately needed second phase play.

RedVDave

First Grade

On another matter, I know the Dragons were looking at Billy Magoulias(?) from Cronulla a few months ago, but the rumour died out. I see he has no contract for next year - he should come cheap. Should the club take another look at him? He's a handy backrower with good ball skills. He might even create some desperately needed second phase play.

The initial rumour was a direct swap for McInnes this year but when he did his ACL that offer was off the table.

I wouldn't want him anyway not highly rated at Cronulla and I tend agree much better options out there.

Old Timer

Coach

I am led to believe he is a bit of a "individual" so if there is any truth in that a definite no as we only want players that are truly going to buy in to a team culture.

Also having a look at how our forwards are panning out we already have a few on the edge of 1st grade some who are on the way up, some on the way down, some that have plateau'd so not sure we need another one in BM unless of course he is truly a 1st grader just needing the right coach.

I think that Billy Burns with Su'a is heading in the right direction and with JB off the bench surely another youngster on the rise is the proper way to go unless you can score a Tapine like player from the Raiders.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I am led to believe he is a bit of a "individual" so if there is any truth in that a definite no as we only want players that are truly going to buy in to a team culture.

Also having a look at how our forwards are panning out we already have a few on the edge of 1st grade some who are on the way up, some on the way down, some that have plateau'd so not sure we need another one in BM unless of course he is truly a 1st grader just needing the right coach.

I think that Billy Burns with Su'a is heading in the right direction and with JB off the bench surely another youngster on the rise is the proper way to go unless you can score a Tapine like player from the Raiders.
Thanks for that @Old Timer and @RedVDave . I know very little about him, and we had been interested. I just wondered why we had gone cold on the idea. I have heard that BM has a couple of Business degrees, so he is not silly, but, as you say, may be too much of an individual. Oh well, the search goes on!

Mjab

Juniors

I think Tapine would be a good pick up like u suggest OT
possible unhappy at the Raiders , or at least his wife is !!
I thought he played well for them the other night with a lot of offloads and 2nd phase play creation and I think still young

I know of one such incident when a centre come 2nd rower who was with the Tigers for a very long time actually came out of the underground car park and instead of hitting the brake hit the accelerator and launched his car onto the median strip on Victoria Road

No mean effort and all kept reasonably under wraps.

If it was today he would be on the sideline for a very long time indeed.

This scene popped into my head reading that...

SpectacularSmugBrahmancow-max-1mb.gif

blacksafake

First Grade
I think Tapine would be a good pick up like u suggest OT
possible unhappy at the Raiders , or at least his wife is !!
I thought he played well for them the other night with a lot of offloads and 2nd phase play creation and I think still young
Don’t particularly like him but ability wise he certainly would add value to our pack so I’m sure I could grow to like him😁

George Dragon

Juniors
On another matter, I know the Dragons were looking at Billy Magoulias(?) from Cronulla a few months ago, but the rumour died out

The initial rumour was a direct swap for McInnes this year but when he did his ACL that offer was off the table.
I've never seen a reserve grader get so much interest over a chip kick.
He must have a good publicity agent.

As far as I know we were never interested in him.
As for swapping 500k player for 100k player that is just ridiculous.

RedVDave

First Grade
I've never seen a reserve grader get so much interest over a chip kick.
He must have a good publicity agent.

As far as I know we were never interested in him.
As for swapping 500k player for 100k player that is just ridiculous.
If you read my entire post I made it very clear I do not rate him.

You can choose to believe the rumour or not but that's what I heard from a very reliable source.