What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sorry you are
Sorry you are wrong, this is happening right now in my area of employment and the person being investigated has been stood down on full pay pending outcome of investigation. This is in the real world.

Of Course it is Black Diamond. Happens in Early Childhood.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
In the real world, Alice, most people who are stood down by their employer, does not get paid. Clearly that concept is lost on you.

That's incorrect.

I know in my professional Early Childhood, you were stood down on full pay. Whilst investigations took place.

Why the need for such nastiness. Is it just because I don't agree with you regarding May. Comes across as being rather childish.

mxlegend99

Referee
That's incorrect.

I know in my professional Early Childhood, you were stood down on full pay. Whilst investigations took place.

Why the need for such nastiness. Is it just because I don't agree with you regarding May. Comes across as being rather childish.
Most does not mean all. My work certainly wouldn't pay me if stood down.

I would also assume in that line of work being found guilty of such a crime (or pleading guilty) would have your job terminated immediately. Working with children checks and criminal charges of that nature would be a huge red flag.

But different jobs have different criteria for what's important.

DinkyDi

Juniors
That's incorrect.

I am far from being nasty. As I have said before, I know of someone, who has been stood down on no pay. That is not the case for all professions. Simple.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Good for me? I haven't been stood down, I was just giving an example. You really don't like anyone having a different opinion than you do you, quite nasty actually about it at times.Your statement that in the real world people don't get paid when stood down is not correct in all sectors and organisations.

Settle down and allow adult conversations please.
I am perfectly settled, and I do allow adult conversations. As for differing opinions, of course that is permitted. Not all professions, once a person has been stood down, means that the employee gets paid.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Most does not mean all. My work certainly wouldn't pay me if stood down.

I would also assume in that line of work being found guilty of such a crime (or pleading guilty) would have your job terminated immediately. Working with children checks and criminal charges of that nature would be a huge red flag.

But different jobs have different criteria for what's important

I said whilst investigations being completed....At no time did I say guilty.

Here is my theary

He'll go back play park footy for say 12months-18 months.

If Tryone is able to keep his nose clean (so to speak( no social media et al)

He'll come back into the first grade squad.

He'll get a small retainer

a job with someone like Lew Z on a building site.

That for me would be the best all round.
Sounds pretty good for us. Not so great for May.

I have read this a few times Alice (so not having a go at you) but the suggestion it is in May’s best interest to slink off and hide for a few years out of the public eye seems really odd to me. The guy is a professional rugby league player (well paid too) playing in the Premiership winning side that contains a lot of his mates.

The thought of May heading off to the bush/park might be good for us and the way we feel about the Panthers, but let’s not pretend we would be doing May a favour.

Buzz rothfeild
Running a poll should penrith cut ties with may
Currently at 82% yes
I can see Netflix commissioning a dystopian drama where the premise is guilt and punishment is decided by polls on social media. Like the Running Man crossed with The Social Network.

Such a pointless exercise.

I bet if Buzz ran a poll which said “Should Penrith cut ties with Nathan Cleary for no reason at all” the numbers would be the same or higher.

so dumb
Certain parts of the media are already trying to paint Nathan as a bad boy.

Happy to take the overs on at least 10 articles between now and the start of the season which use the words ‘controversy follows him around’ or similar.

WestyLife

First Grade
Some on here are sounding like they're never made a grave mistake in their life.

Many have, and have managed to turn their life around.

To quote words of an old song.....

'Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way.'

Veryone makes mistakes even big ones. It's the fact he's displayed a lack of learning and growth that is the issue for the game. The optics are a disaster for a business completely reliant on public opinion.

Iamback

Coach
Veryone makes mistakes even big ones. It's the fact he's displayed a lack of learning and growth that is the issue for the game. The optics are a disaster for a business completely reliant on public opinion.

Optics are all that matters in NRL