What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Ned Kelly

Juniors
It is hard to know for sure because it was only a few months apart. The tide turned against us with the way Ivan came across throw in the fact we are good now makes it worse.

I am not saying May didn't deserve it But he wasn't the only one copping it. Do you think now suddenly all those Petty Tigers fans etc will change their tune? No chance.

That is why it is a messy area to start making decisions based on opinion which is the area we are now in
I am a Tigers fan. Not sure you could call me petty. I have been called a great many things by people who don't even follow Rugby League and I am not sure I could put up a decent argument against there character assessment of me.

I have revisited this forum to say I wish to congratulate the Penrith Panthers club on how they have handled this matter. I have also been impressed by a great many posts I have read here.

My immediate impression of May's post of himself outside the courtroom with his coach behind him and the song he put with it would be seen by the vast majority of people as a kick in the guts to the woman concerned and a message in general that everyone who thought he had done wrong could get stuffed.

This image associated not only his team, the whole club, all the Panthers supporters but the entire Penrith area with such an implied statement.

Panthers management had to act for the benefit of all those I mentioned above.

I have gained a great deal of respect for Panthers fans reading the discussion that has taken place here.

It is a pity this episode has taken place to tarnish your well deserved Premiership win.

Munted

Bench
By all means educate the players around the consequences of their actions, but social media (and the way it is used now). builds their fan base and ultimately the game.
It builds and destroys just as easily and quickly.
This is the double edged sword of social media and today's society. Tyrone pays the price (rightfully) for sharing his life and opinions with the rest of the world, allowing himself to be judged.
He's a young guy with a chip on his shoulder saying stupid shit showing no remorse, there's probably a lot of Tyrone Mays in society who would lose their job of their employer knew what was up.

Iamback

Coach
I am a Tigers fan. Not sure you could call me petty. I have been called a great many things by people who don't even follow Rugby League and I am not sure I could put up a decent argument against there character assessment of me.

I have revisited this forum to say I wish to congratulate the Penrith Panthers club on how they have handled this matter. I have also been impressed by a great many posts I have read here.

My immediate impression of May's post of himself outside the courtroom with his coach behind him and the song he put with it would be seen by the vast majority of people as a kick in the guts to the woman concerned and a message in general that everyone who thought he had done wrong could get stuffed.

This image associated not only his team, the whole club, all the Panthers supporters but the entire Penrith area with such an implied statement.

I have gained a great deal of respect for Panthers fans reading the discussion that has taken place here.

It is a pity this episode has taken place to tarnish your well deserved Premiership win.

Good post. You seem to be one of the reasonable ones.

The moment Ivan came across was when the turning point of hate towards the club. That with the fact hook is close to Paul Kent and co means the club was going to have negative press anyway.

Throw in May incident after that and the club miss read the situation by re-signing him once not twice.

Munted

Bench
Re the offended sponsors. Will the club name them or better still will they name themselves? If not, why not? They must surely be proud of the values they have forced on the club and would want to make it public so we can all buy their product, or not. Surely. Otherwise, what is the point of making a stand?
The sponsors don't need to be named, we know who sponsors our team. It does not matter which specific sponsor had an issue, I am sure a lot of them had an issue, and I'm sure a lot of employees at the sponsors were disappointed to know their brand/employer is aligned with a club that has a player like Tyrone May on the books.
I'm also certain that Tyrones behaviour would see him fired from each and every sponsor of our club as well.
Betcats said it already, there is a corporate side to footy. These corporates allows these kids to earn big coin and build a very comfortable life post football. The same corporates will also pull the strings when player throws mud at their name.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
When it is all broken down we are not that far removed from each other. Before Penrith got there own team most of the Penrith population would have followed Western Suburbs.

Yeah, I'm still angry with Ivan about how he left us but if I put myself in his position I can understand it.

Iamback

Coach

soc123_au

Staff member
My tribute to the Panthers courage is expressed in my avatar for 24 hours according to my promise to our friend @soc123_au ( Socky)

Thanks for visiting us, we appreciate your kind words.
Could do without the orange stripes, but fair play for keeping your word.

Hopefully this whole ugly saga is in the rear view mirror now for the club. I also hope Tyrone gets his shit together and learns from this to become a better person, he can't change the past, but he can control where he goes from here.

murraymob

Coach

It Didnt tarnish the fun I had giving to my parra mates .we are the champions don’t care about the rest.just quietly we have waited a fair while lol

I think that everyone on this forum will find the link below very interesting.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nathan...panthers/7ca7c666-a087-4a08-ba6d-ec5ca3b8fb75

I think lu is well In front of BREEN here Nedster, but sadly, his description and sentiments are 80%. He made a few errors.

I could be wrong and I’ve heard things, but at least obstensibly, my understanding is that the club has now cut all ties with the defilers and denigrators and is now part of our wider NRL family on its merits.

And we spoke about it at work yesterday and everyone was very chuffed with the Panthers for doing the right thing. It was exciting and people were pleased. That and finding little Chloe unharmed.

Last edited:
Another thing I was very proud of is that the Panthers penalty was far more onerous than that of the NRL.

And this goes a long way in restoring and rehabilitating the clubs image in the eyes of the public.

Iced it, the high moral ground, untouchable and awesome.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Di. I'm getting pretty sick of your comments towards me.

My patience is wearing very thing.

I don't have to justify my opinions to anybody, except for the person I see in the mirror each and every day.

Please stop.
You were the one who started on me first, and when I returned fire you could not handle that. Remember, what goes around, comes around. I did not actually ask you to justify yourself. I merely called you out. All this defense of May is sickening. 😂😂😂

Latest posts