What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings And News

southsport

First Grade
The players figures for 2022 aren't necessarily what they were for 2021 and before. Some players e.g. Latrell, Koloa have had extensions and upgrades to their orginal signed contracts which havent come into effect until 2022.

The only way we get capspace now is when contracts expiring 2022 end e.g. Mansour, Cartwright.
Most players will be on the same next year as what they were on this year, some will have upgrades but just because their contract was extended doesn't necessaily mean that they will be paid more, Koloamatangi, Nicholls, Taaffe, Trell come to mind for upgrades (any others you can think of?), not sure whether Mansour will be on more or not, most pundits think he will but there's nothing concrete.

Just do what I did and start at the $2.15m for Reyno, Gagai, Su'a and Burns then deduct what the incoming players will be paid subtract the upgrades and let's see what figure you come up with.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fully agree Botany
Ok I was wondering about that, but I hadn't heard anything.

I knew it wasn't gonna be minimum money.

Anyone waiting for a big $ signing needs to stand next to their fireplace on Dec 24 and wait to see if Santa Claus comes down the chimney
ny

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Agree Nicholls would’ve been on around 200k before I think whereas now it’d have to be around 300k a season.
Somewhere between the 2 numbers
Most players will be on the same next year as what they were on this year, some will have upgrades but just because their contract was extended doesn't necessaily mean that they will be paid more, Koloamatangi, Nicholls, Taaffe, Trell come to mind for upgrades (any others you can think of?), not sure whether Mansour will be on more or not, most pundits think he will but there's nothing concrete.

Just do what I did and start at the $2.15m for Reyno, Gagai, Su'a and Burns then deduct what the incoming players will be paid subtract the upgrades and let's see what figure you come up with.
As I said before, you dont look at what money comes off and assume that's what we can spend, you look at what is already signed, and for how much, and then look what's left over. And also be looking at what's about to come off the books, and if they are gonna be upgraded, and for how much e.g. Cody

But you can believe what ever you want to believe. If you wanna believe in Santa Claus, good luck to you.

I'll be waiting (not) for the next big signing for 2022

Rsag85

Bench
its not that

he was my idol growing up, I use to dress up like him to go to Redfern oval to watch the team play.

back in 1989 I found out I had cancer I was turning 5, I found out on Christmas Eve.

the hospital told me I could do the make a wish….. the first thing I said I want to meet Mario…. The hospital set everything up, he agreed to come and see me but on the day he no showed. Yep no showed so in my eyes he is a terrible person

southsport

First Grade
he was my idol growing up, I use to dress up like him to go to Redfern oval to watch the team play.

back in 1989 I found out I had cancer I was turning 5, I found out on Christmas Eve.

the hospital told me I could do the make a wish….. the first thing I said I want to meet Mario…. The hospital set everything up, he agreed to come and see me but on the day he no showed. Yep no showed so in my eyes he is a terrible person
Not a good story but I can only say that I've spoken to Mario on the odd ocassion and I have found him to be a genuine and friendly person. shrug.gif

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well that’s not good at all mate but maybe he had a family issue or something at that time.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Somewhere between the 2 numbers

As I said before, you dont look at what money comes off and assume that's what we can spend, you look at what is already signed, and for how much, and then look what's left over. And also be looking at what's about to come off the books, and if they are gonna be upgraded, and for how much e.g. Cody

But you can believe what ever you want to believe. If you wanna believe in Santa Claus, good luck to you.

I'll be waiting (not) for the next big signing for 2022
I’ve spoken to 6 others that sit in my Bay 107 and none of them are expecting any big signing, they say you are kidding yourself if you think there will be. We have to blood the youngsters they say.... we have some good experience there still so hopefully they’ll gel in fine.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors

I’m glad we avoided him
As I said, this guy has screws loose in his brain. Serious anger management problems. Bashing cops, viciously attacked Dylan Walker breaking his face in a cowardly unprovoked assault, looks like he is woman stalker, probably assaults them as well.

This guy is a thug and criminal.

South Sydney Rabbitohs won't consort with types like this

I'm glad that we didn't sign curtis scott.
Parra have a habbit of signing long bay type players though- when Da Plane leaves the big house there will be a 1 year deal waiting for him from Parra no doubt - goes back even before the days of Eric Grothe Snr and Paul Mares and the "stolen" car incident

handyman2190

Bench
As I said, this guy has screws loose in his brain. Serious anger management problems. Bashing cops, viciously attacked Dylan Walker breaking his face in a cowardly unprovoked assault, looks like he is woman stalker, probably assaults them as well.

This guy is a thug and criminal.

South Sydney Rabbitohs won't consort with types like this
Agree with you except dylan walker provoked him big time that match

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Agree with you except dylan walker provoked him big time that match
C'mon Handy, it's sledging, it's part of every sport.

Obviously it depends on the sledge, like what Warner copped from the South Africans was a gutless low act, but if Dylan had done the same, trust me, the media would have been all over it, and we'd all know about it.

Nah, no excuses, this thug is a mentally unstable violent and dangerous criminal.

And people thought Sam was a thug, hes a boy scout compared to this dude