What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

roofromoz

First Grade
Murraymob, you are spot on with your comments about the airport. I am a West London boy and I remember in the 60's when Heathrow was fields and cow paddocks. It was surrounded by villages. The airport ended up employing most of my family including my wife for a short time. My great Aunt was kicked out of her house in a nearby village so they could build a new runway, she got plenty of cash for it, but she had lived there most of her life.

The airport will transform the area. Not immediately, but in ten years it will be a thriving hub for business. Heathrow supports 114,000 jobs and handles 80 millions passengers a year. If Badgery Creeks can handle 10% of that, there is going to be plenty of opportunity for everybody.

I would imagine that any new teams, etc.. that would be set up to represent the new population in that area would be in the Penrith catchment.

Where I live in Camden, new teams have been set up in Oran Park and another suburb I think, and they are in the Group 6 CRL area.

Iamback

Coach
I would imagine that any new teams, etc.. that would be set up to represent the new population in that area would be in the Penrith catchment.

Where I live in Camden, new teams have been set up in Oran Park and another suburb I think, and they are in the Group 6 CRL area.

When the club runs the junior relay. Half the teams are new clubs but all are between Windsor and Penrith.
It will be interesting to see where the boundaries fall that side of the M4

25k is perfect. There’s some room for growth, but not too much that it means a half empty stadium in leaner years. Unfortunately we won’t always be at the top of the table, and playing out of empty stadiums is a bad look.

25k will allow for some sellouts, better atmosphere etc. this creates hype and further demand.

Iamback

Coach
25k is perfect. There’s some room for growth, but not too much that it means a half empty stadium in leaner years. Unfortunately we won’t always be at the top of the table, and playing out of empty stadiums is a bad look.

25k will allow for some sellouts, better atmosphere etc. this creates hype and further demand.

The main issue is unused members tickets. Hopefully there is something in place to register if you aren't going and those seats can be sold for the game. 25k won't allow much for non members in the good years

The main issue is unused members tickets. Hopefully there is something in place to register if you aren't going and those seats can be sold for the game. 25k won't allow much for non members in the good years

A system like that would be good, that’s better than building a 30k+ stadium and having a huge amount of empty seats.

Iamback

Coach
A system like that would be good, that’s better than building a 30k+ stadium and having a huge amount of empty seats.

Depends on the other uses for it. I won't be made just for Panthers but it seems like they want stadiums of varying sizes. Having it 5k less then Parramatta means they don't compete for the same events I am curious what those other events are

Fangs

Coach
Make a 25k stadium which we won't demolish in 20 years. If it's designed to be refurbished with the ability to add seating in future then it makes everyone happy.

Personally I hope it doesn't go ahead. It's one of the best suburban grounds in NSW. I like Bankwest but it will never be better than a ground like ours in my eyes.

Iamback

Coach
Make a 25k stadium which we won't demolish in 20 years. If it's designed to be refurbished with the ability to add seating in future then it makes everyone happy.

Personally I hope it doesn't go ahead. It's one of the best suburban grounds in NSW. I like Bankwest but it will never be better than a ground like ours in my eyes.

Just transplant the Beer Hill to the new ground for Fangs

Depends on the other uses for it. I won't be made just for Panthers but it seems like they want stadiums of varying sizes. Having it 5k less then Parramatta means they don't compete for the same events I am curious what those other events are

I don’t see many other uses than Panthers games, really. Maybe you could host motorcross in the off-season, or smaller concerts. But any bigger events will go to the more centrally located stadiums.

Even if you think our stadium is good now, what about in 10 or 20 years? A new stadium sets us up for 40-50 years.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t see many other uses than Panthers games, really. Maybe you could host motorcross in the off-season, or smaller concerts. But any bigger events will go to the more centrally located stadiums.

There are those music festivals that are at multiple locations. In theory you could do SFS, Bankwest and Penrith in a weekend.

Monster trucks and those sort of things too. With the extra population coming into the area I think they will move some of the stuff at homebush out here. Even have same show on different nights.

Not sure I can think of much sport events that would be there. Once new SFS is back then Bankwest gets less. Doesn't leave much left over

Iamback

Coach
Soon to be a thing of the past. Enjoy your mid-strength Tooheys while it lasts.

Townsville has a standing part. Bankwest has the BBQ area that you can stand and watch footy. They would have some part of the new ground that can.
It does bring up a question. With no fights on that Hill what will the cops do at games

BxTom

Bench
There are those music festivals that are at multiple locations. In theory you could do SFS, Bankwest and Penrith in a weekend.

Monster trucks and those sort of things too. With the extra population coming into the area I think they will move some of the stuff at homebush out here. Even have same show on different nights.

Not sure I can think of much sport events that would be there. Once new SFS is back then Bankwest gets less. Doesn't leave much left over
International Soccer - olympics, Commonwealth, World Cup (youth and Adult). Might suit hockey and other feild games

Fangs

Coach
Townsville has a standing part. Bankwest has the BBQ area that you can stand and watch footy. They would have some part of the new ground that can.
It does bring up a question. With no fights on that Hill what will the cops do at games

Is it concrete though? That would be a bit soulless. We need turf with a mix of dirt.

The Dolphins ground with the deck that backs onto the club is just superb. Many spilt drinks trying to catch the conversion over the years I imagine. I'd much prefer that.

The police might have to watch the football instead.

Iamback

Coach
Is it concrete though? That would be a bit soulless. We need turf with a mix of dirt.

The Dolphins ground with the deck that backs onto the club is just superb. Many spilt drinks trying to catch the conversion over the years I imagine. I'd much prefer that.

The police might have to watch the football instead.

Yeah it is flat and concreted.

Those poor police

Iamback

Coach
International Soccer - olympics, Commonwealth, World Cup (youth and Adult). Might suit hockey and other feild games

most of those would be spread across the Sydney grounds as well as interstate. Given the growth of the area the ground is needed don't get me wrong. Just not sure how regular it will be used

Latest posts