What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

Whino

Bench
Frank was pretty good in his second stint with us.

Ran harder than a few of the rep guys in the pack.

His second stint with us was the best. Before he left for Souths he was in and out of the side.
He worked hard on his defence and to eradicate his poor handling skills which had bugged him during his career to play every match off the bench in 2005 and all but two in 2006.
I thought his best year came in 2007 when he was our best forward that year, in which he regularly lead the club's hit-ups and metres. Bagged a rare try too.

martielang

Bench
That is the point. It was already unlikely this was a ruse. Sacking a club employee makes it extremely unlikely.

I'd love it if it were true, what a story of deceit. But there are too many working parts.

Call me Sherlock Holmes but I think it's more a case of the Dogs finding an 'executive' who had already given notice / shown intention to leave, offering to sharpen his severance package by 20% on the proviso he takes the bullet. They are then trying to suppress his name from getting out....

100% the leak was intentional. It's turned some fans (and I'm sure some higher powers) against Kiks already.

Whino

Bench
I think the footage was leaked either by a keen employee looking to brag early with his score, or most likely leaked by someone else's directive to boast. Gould, Barrett, or even Laundry?
I think the guy sacked/resigned is a scapegoat.
Notice the timing? A day before the parade. Given the recent hostilities between the two clubs, I am very sceptical it wasn't deliberate.

The yak

Juniors
The footage was leaked to embarrass. Kikau shouldn't have been talked into wearing their colours, and he should have had the brains to say no.
I have always said Gould would make a good politician.

Kilkenny

Coach
Call me Sherlock Holmes but I think it's more a case of the Dogs finding an 'executive' who had already given notice / shown intention to leave, offering to sharpen his severance package by 20% on the proviso he takes the bullet. They are then trying to suppress his name from getting out....

100% the leak was intentional. It's turned some fans (and I'm sure some higher powers) against Kiks already.
I don’t get it? What’s the reason, benefit?

martielang

Bench
I don’t get it? What’s the reason, benefit?

Say Kiks starts slow this season. His average performances will be amplified and the pitchforks would be out after two weeks. He gets the shits at the way he's being treated by fans, the club gets the shits with the way he's playing + wants to appease the vocal fans, and the big man is taking official photos in a Dogs polo by mid-season.

I don't mind a bit of gamesmanship tbh, nor do I have any issue with Barrett and Gus and co. going after our players to strengthen their own club / position.

Kilkenny

Coach
According to a good mate of mine, today at golf the club is very optimistic they have a surplus of youngsters who potentially are NRL quality in the junior ranks. Maybe not for 2022, but will emerge in 2023. He was talking serious talents so Flegg and Ball could be interesting this season.

Kilkenny

Coach
Say Kiks starts slow this season. His average performances will be amplified and the pitchforks would be out after two weeks. He gets the shits at the way he's being treated by fans, the club gets the shits with the way he's playing + wants to appease the vocal fans, and the big man is taking official photos in a Dogs polo by mid-season.

I don't mind a bit of gamesmanship tbh, nor do I have any issue with Barrett and Gus and co. going after our players to strengthen their own club / position.
I just don’t see see any benefit to the Bulldogs, Gould or Barrett being behind the release of such an image. What does it achieve. It’s means nothing.

We either weren’t in a position to offer him a contract or elected not too. Four year deal on the money suggested was a deal to good to refuse from Kikaus perspective. Good luck to him. The fact he appears in the photo in a bulldogs polo I agree with what Billy posted a day or two back. Who cares.

Im disappointed he is leaving but four years on $800 k a season was a bridge too far.

betcats

Referee
According to a good mate of mine, today at golf the club is very optimistic they have a surplus of youngsters who potentially are NRL quality in the junior ranks. Maybe not for 2022, but will emerge in 2023. He was talking serious talents so Flegg and Ball could be interesting this season.

So we should. The next few guys with a chance to get in the rotation are already on nrl or development deals, we just need these younger kids to come through in the right positions at the right time. A couple of good backrowers and a hooker over the next two years would be great.

Kilkenny

Coach
Maybe the Bulldogs was hoping that the Panthers gets the shits, and re-lease Kiks.
Maybe Di, but they to offload players before they can bring anyone else in. They’ve added 10 players to there roster for 2022 most of whom who are marquee signings on serious money. Even if we were prepared to release Kikau early they couldn’t afford him unless they shed a player or two. Maybe Kikau for Nick Cotric could work in our favour if the money was right. We need a centre.

Kilkenny

Coach
So we should. The next few guys with a chance to get in the rotation are already on nrl or development deals, we just need these younger kids to come through in the right positions at the right time. A couple of good backrowers and a hooker over the next two years would be great.
According to my mate, connected to St Mary’s RL, we have some serious talent. I’ll leave it that. Jesse McLean is one who apparently Brad Fittler has selected in his emerging Blues upcoming camp. I don’t know anything about him but is an outside back apparently.

Fangs

Coach
Maybe Di, but they to offload players before they can bring anyone else in. They’ve added 10 players to there roster for 2022 most of whom who are marquee signings on serious money. Even if we were prepared to release Kikau early they couldn’t afford him unless they shed a player or two. Maybe Kikau for Nick Cotric could work in our favour if the money was right. We need a centre.

Why bother asking for a player swap when you can release a CCTV shot of Kikau in a Bulldogs jersey, create a media storm, publicly apologise, conduct an internal investigation and sack a staff member?

Much easier way of getting Kikau in 2022.

Kilkenny

Coach
I care. He is still under contract with us for another 12 months. The club pays his wages. He shouldn't be wearing another club's jersey until his contract with us is up!
The NRL rules allow clubs to recruit players from November 1 it just the rules mate. It is what it is.

Kilkenny

Coach
Why bother asking for a player swap when you can release a CCTV shot of Kikau in a Bulldogs jersey, create a media storm, publicly apologise, conduct an internal investigation and sack a staff member?

Much easier way of getting Kikau in 2022.
I don’t believe the conspiracy theories but at the end of the day, unlike Burton, if they are that desperate they can have him. Get Nick Cotric in return for less money. Free up a few dollars to bring in someone else in the forwards.