What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

betcats

Referee
Its poor coaching. Titans have consistently overpaid players and turned them to shit. Attitude issues right through that club club and it infects the players.

In an upside to Taylor. Luke Brooks has been shit his entire career. Aside from when Ivan was coaching him. Which is why IMO Ash Taylor is well worth the gamble. Any decent coach could get him to perform half decently atleast. Ivan is as good as any coach at getting the best out of his halves.

Couldn't possibly do worse than May did at 7 for us at the very least and would be worthwhile just to cover Nathan during Origin and if he is injured again.

I see a bargain for the first club to offer him a top 30 spot. Not often talent like that doesnt have clubs lined up for a bargain either.

I don’t know I certainly don’t think he can blame all his form on poor coaching, he definitely has talent but the fact no club has taken that risk in him besides a train and trial makes me think there is more to it. Every club could use a talented back up half and none threw him a proper contract. The raiders needed a halfback and signed the guy who replaced him at the titans.

Dodgy

Juniors
For the whole time I've known of league, knowledge of players going to other teams more than a season out has been routine.

But now with Kiks it's a big deal?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I like this signing, cheap and dependable like Smith. It's good to bring some boys home who know the system.
Egan could be another cheap option.

I do too. Crighton had injury issues at the dogs. To be honest no one but no one could stand out at the dogs the way they were travelling.

These are kids who have played together growing up. I think it's a brilliant way to add bulk to the squad.

betcats

Referee
Even young Turuva and Taylan may seem excited to have Christian back. Not saying we should be handing out first grade contracts just to keep other players happy but it is only a train and trial, the post from the management company does say that and if he can stay fit and work hard he’s not a terrible option to have if we get a devastating injury toll in the backs. We’d have Staines, may, Jennings, Turuva, Jenkins before him for a wing spot.

mxlegend99

Referee
For the whole time I've known of league, knowledge of players going to other teams more than a season out has been routine.

But now with Kiks it's a big deal?
He has an entire season left with us and is being photographed in another teams jersey. That's the issue.

He should never have pulled on the Bulldogs jersey. There's no acceptable reason for him to do so, or for Gould and Barrett to use this is a photo op to release at a later date. The only acceptable time for them to take and release photos is when he's a Bulldogs player.

Until those photos leaked we were hopeful of retaining him. Then suddenly not only has he chosen the Bulldogs along with a bunch of other blokes they have come in and thrown insane overs to steal from us, but we find out with him in their colors just days before our grand final parade.

This is far worse than when Daine Laurie was photographed in our jersey grand final night celebrating his former club and teammates winning a premiership and even that copped a lot of heat and he got in trouble for it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We all know it was released to entice another player to go there, with the confirmation Kikau will be there in 2023

Exactly. Kiks was put in a dreadful situation. His players manager though is NOT earning his money when he didn't put a stop to it.

Not many players could say no to Gould.

Hopefully this means things will change.

Dogs, Gould and Barrett should be fined for this.

mxlegend99

Referee
I like it. Shows how good the culture is at the moment. These players would have been squeezed out / sought greater opportunities elsewhere and now are keen to return and just be part of it.
I like the optimism. But realistically they are going for the best opportunities they have been offered.

Now if we can get a guy like Burton to backflip or return home that would be epic. Assuming he actually lives up to his potential and isn't a huge disappointment that somehow in 2 years kills his career.

There's zero chance Burton ends up like that though. If he struggles at half we know he's a gun centre atleast.

Original Name

Juniors
I like the optimism. But realistically they are going for the best opportunities they have been offered.

Now if we can get a guy like Burton to backflip or return home that would be epic. Assuming he actually lives up to his potential and isn't a huge disappointment that somehow in 2 years kills his career.

There's zero chance Burton ends up like that though. If he struggles at half we know he's a gun centre atleast.
We can't get him to backflip because he's contracted to the Dogs and therefore has to be released by him and there's no way they'd do that.

Iamback

Coach
Even young Turuva and Taylan may seem excited to have Christian back. Not saying we should be handing out first grade contracts just to keep other players happy but it is only a train and trial, the post from the management company does say that and if he can stay fit and work hard he’s not a terrible option to have if we get a devastating injury toll in the backs. We’d have Staines, may, Jennings, Turuva, Jenkins before him for a wing spot.

That is it. Look at those options you mentioned

Staines could be needed at fullback
Jennings and May might get turns at centre

Leaves only the 2 Develop deals guys available. If they are good enough great if not got to have options

hindy111

Post Whore
I rate him but jeez worth 900K is a bit of a stretch. That's paying a lot on potential. 700-750K seems fair.

Rheeds issue is he doesn't have much of a running game. And he is not a big body. Top 5 hooker for sure but not convinced he will ever get to the level Cook did. Cook could wina game si gle handed for you. Just because there isn't many great options doesn't mean he is worth more money. I still rate Korisau higher due to what he brings in attack. But based in age id say both are worth the same. Maybe 600k

Panther79

Juniors
Exactly. Kiks was put in a dreadful situation. His players manager though is NOT earning his money when he didn't put a stop to it.

Not many players could say no to Gould.

Hopefully this means things will change.

Dogs, Gould and Barrett should be fined for this.
Oh poor Kiks, he is a grown man and surely not that stupid...I know it is not fashionable these days, but he can take some self responsibility for this one.

Latest posts