What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured & Confirmed Signings - Part 5

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Rheeds issue is he doesn't have much of a running game. And he is not a big body. Top 5 hooker for sure but not convinced he will ever get to the level Cook did. Cook could wina game si gle handed for you. Just because there isn't many great options doesn't mean he is worth more money. I still rate Korisau higher due to what he brings in attack. But based in age id say both are worth the same. Maybe 600k
maybe if he stopped smoking he could start running

hindy111

Post Whore
Buying back the farm. As Shane Richardson once said when he bought Frank Puletua back.
Maybe one day Burton will come back.

Burton has 2yrs and a 3rd in his favour. A lot will depend on Gould. I reckon he will be doing best to extend him for another 2yrs sometime next year.

Unsure if Burton will bite. If the Dogs fail in 2022 he may keep his eye open. Being contracted for 2024 is in his favour does this mean he can look for a new contract Novemeber next year?
I reckon if he goes to market a desperate club will offer him close to a million. I reckon that Gus knows this also and why he will try and get him to extend early next year.

Roosters,Titans,Raiders,Knights,Dolphins,Brisbane,Tigers and maybe even the cowboys would be all open to throwing him big dollars. If Jerome Hughes leaves and B.Smith then the Storm may even come into the mix.
Burton if smart probably goes to Brisbane or Roosters.

kinghippo

Juniors
Burton has 2yrs and a 3rd in his favour. A lot will depend on Gould. I reckon he will be doing best to extend him for another 2yrs sometime next year.

Unsure if Burton will bite. If the Dogs fail in 2022 he may keep his eye open. Being contracted for 2024 is in his favour does this mean he can look for a new contract Novemeber next year?
I reckon if he goes to market a desperate club will offer him close to a million. I reckon that Gus knows this also and why he will try and get him to extend early next year.

Roosters,Titans,Raiders,Knights,Dolphins,Brisbane,Tigers and maybe even the cowboys would be all open to throwing him big dollars. If Jerome Hughes leaves and B.Smith then the Storm may even come into the mix.
Burton if smart probably goes to Brisbane or Roosters.
The crystal ball into Burton's future is ludicrous.
In three years time we may have 3 more premierships, the storm could be getting the spoon and Brisbane/ roosters could be enjoying weekly thrashings.
All that aside Burton if smart returns to the Panthers to win another premiership.

roofromoz

First Grade
Matt Burton could be just like Wade Graham. We are holding out for his return, there is a 50/50 chance at the end of the contract but chooses to stay and ends up being a 10 or so season player at the Dogs.

Sime_11

Juniors
Matt Burton could be just like Wade Graham. We are holding out for his return, there is a 50/50 chance at the end of the contract but chooses to stay and ends up being a 10 or so season player at the Dogs.
if that's the case, at least we sent Burto off with a Premiers Ring :)

Burto will be offered big money by Gus next year and they will run into cap problems.

TPJ will be back at Penrith in 2023- we send Kiks to Belmore and they send us TPJ with freight :)

betcats

Referee
Yeah burto is gone, if he lives up to his potential as a half we won’t be able to afford him.

Personally I’m looking forward to seeing how Puru develops over the next two years, training with the nrl side this preseason he has plenty of talent. Strong running game with footwork and speed and a nice ball player. For reference he had 9 try assists and 10 linebreaks assists and 5 tries in 9 jersey flegg games last year and a try and try assist in 2 reserve grade games, not a bad haul for a young half, could be a handy back up after next season.

Fangs

Coach
Alright this is a test guys.

Person who leaked photo of Kikau in a Dogs shirt has allegedly been sacked.

If that's true and you believed the photo release was arranged to hasten Kikau's arrival at the Dogs then you'd have to believe his sacking was planned too. Wonderfully orchestrated.

I think this one is put to bed. If you hang on now you are not merely looking at the rabbit hole, your head is inside it.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Alright this is a test guys.

Person who leaked photo of Kikau in a Dogs shirt has allegedly been sacked.

If that's true and you believed the photo release was arranged to hasten Kikau's arrival at the Dogs then you'd have to believe his sacking was planned too. Wonderfully orchestrated.

I think this one is put to bed. If you hang on now you are not merely looking at the rabbit hole, your head is inside it.
Kikau, Gould, and Barrett, are at fault too. Kikau should not have put that t shirt on in the first place.

Fangs

Coach
Kikau, Gould, and Barrett, are at fault too. Kikau should not have put that t shirt on in the first place.

That is a separate issue however.

I'm talking about the idea that this was a grand scheme orchestrated to get Kikau out of contract early.

Signing a player a year in advance is usually how it's done and it works a lot of the time. Even come out publicly and say 'We want him now' (Like they did with Burton).

But releasing a CCTV photo, issuing apologies and now sacking a club employee is taking things to a new level. It's made for a Hollywood script.

DinkyDi

Juniors
That is a separate issue however.

I'm talking about the idea that this was a grand scheme orchestrated to get Kikau out of contract early.

Signing a player a year in advance is usually how it's done and it works a lot of the time. Even come out publicly and say 'We want him now' (Like they did with Burton).

But releasing a CCTV photo, issuing apologies and now sacking a club employee is taking things to a new level. It's made for a Hollywood script.
Maybe, however, it could be a ruse from Gould, to deflect the attention away from himself, and Barrett.

The_Frog

First Grade
Buying back the farm. As Shane Richardson once said when he bought Frank Puletua back.
Maybe one day Burton will come back.
Frank gave outstanding service upon his return, although always in the shadow of Tony. I wonder if they'd be interested in bringing Tom Eisenhuth back. Similar type of player. If Gus doesn't get him first.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Maybe, however, it could be a ruse from Gould, to deflect the attention away from himself, and Barrett.

That is the point. It was already unlikely this was a ruse. Sacking a club employee makes it extremely unlikely.

I'd love it if it were true, what a story of deceit. But there are too many working parts.

Latest posts