What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Team

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah the Watson thing irks me. We paid him big money for 3 years and he only played about a third of those games. Then we gave him another chance by keeping him on for another year and then offered him more than a fair deal on his next contract and he leaves after all that.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Yeah the Watson thing irks me. We paid him big money for 3 years and he only played about a third of those games. Then we gave him another chance by keeping him on for another year and then offered him more than a fair deal on his next contract and he leaves after all that.
and the Knights are doing the same thing with Lee. Played for only 1/3 of his contracted games, hasnt played in 18 months and gets offered a contract.

I would have thought perhaps there may be a young talent out there with plenty of tomorrows worthy of a punt rather than a fairly average winger with a really poor record of availablity.

The investment is a head scratcher, is it possible Moses is his manager?

Jono078

Referee
and the Knights are doing the same thing with Lee. Played for only 1/3 of his contracted games, hasnt played in 18 months and gets offered a contract.

I would have thought perhaps there may be a young talent out there with plenty of tomorrows worthy of a punt rather than a fairly average winger with a really poor record of availablity.

The investment is a head scratcher, is it possible Moses is his manager?
No idea what sort of salary he's on, but he was an origin winger before injury and if it's close to minimum wage then I'm ok with it.

Looks like Tuala and Young are our guys for the first month or so though... Could be scary...

Old dog

Juniors
If Lee can produce somewhere near the form pre injury then he will be our best winger and assume reasonably cheap, much better than an inexperienced player or the likes of Musgrove and Hoy

Yosh

Coach
I have no issue with Knights offering a lifeline to our players. Some might turn out like Watson but I firmly believe that others will repay the faith in full. I don't want the Knights to turn into some soulless organization. I think the club represents the city and Newcastle ain't soulless.

Burwood

Bench
By all reports, Lee is an extremely popular player in the squad, and he does a lot of good in the community. Worst case scenario, he’s on minimum wage, adds to our depth, and has a positive influence on the team’s mindset and culture and the club’s standing in the community.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
It's an issue when he only plays 1 in 3 games
absolutely, and indicative of a broader issue with recruitment.

I think the club represents the city and Newcastle ain't soulless.
it also aint winners unfortunately. The cold hard facts are you dont win premierships if you continue to invest in mediocre players or players past their use by date who's only consistency are they're unavailable for selection.

How did the loyalty to Josh Mansure work out for the Panthers?

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Lee isnt the issue for mine, for me its just the overall recruitment and roster management. My only gripe with Lee is hes made of plexiglass
That's is exactly my point. Could take it further to other recruitment decisions. We seem to be very much be a job for the boys type organisation. "he's a lovely fella, everyone loves him and he's a good trainer - here have a job "

Yosh

Coach
absolutely, and indicative of a broader issue with recruitment.

it also aint winners unfortunately. The cold hard facts are you dont win premierships if you continue to invest in mediocre players or players past their use by date who's only consistency are they're unavailable for selection.

How did the loyalty to Josh Mansure work out for the Panthers?

What I was saying is totally different from what you are saying. Don't put words in my mouth.

I did not suggest we invest in mediocre players, far from it.

I believe that the club represents more than just numbers on an excel sheet. I would put the clubs significance as a more spiritual existence to many locals and fans world wide.

I am not originally from Newcastle and only been a handful of times but every time I visited, it was welcoming and warm and vibrant. I hope the club continues to represent the values of the city and people. And of course win many many premierships!

Sir Galahad

Juniors
What I was saying is totally different from what you are saying. Don't put words in my mouth.

I did not suggest we invest in mediocre players, far from it.

I believe that the club represents more than just numbers on an excel sheet. I would put the clubs significance as a more spiritual existence to many locals and fans world wide.

I am not originally from Newcastle and only been a handful of times but every time I visited, it was welcoming and warm and vibrant. I hope the club continues to represent the values of the city and people. And of course win many many premierships!

I was born in Newy hospital and raised in Newy , I know the values of the people very well. I also love to win and hate losing.

I agree with what you're trying to say, but up to a point.

As has been mentioned in other posts maybe the player manager Moses has too much power at the club, some of the recruitment and retention appears crazy.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/baa76d21eaafdc03718904345252556e

14. KNIGHTS

The Knights finished in the top eight last season, but they lost key players Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson in the off-season and hooker Jayden Brailey faces a long lay-off this year throwing their spine under huge pressure to start 2022. How Adam Clune and Chad Randall fill those key spine positions will go a long way to deciding how good this Knights team can be in 2022. Apart from Pearce the squad is largely the same but recruit Dane Gagai will partner Bradman Best in a devastating looking centre partnership, which will certainly help their attack as will new halves coach Andrew Johns. However, nothing short of Joey putting on the boots and winding back the clock will help cover for the loss of Pearce. The Knights will have to rely on their forward pack and the brilliance of Kalyn Ponga to offset their lack of star power at hooker and in the halves and as they are some of the most important positions in modern rugby league it could be a bridge too far for this side in 2022.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...m/news-story/baa76d21eaafdc03718904345252556e

14. KNIGHTS

The Knights finished in the top eight last season, but they lost key players Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson in the off-season and hooker Jayden Brailey faces a long lay-off this year throwing their spine under huge pressure to start 2022. How Adam Clune and Chad Randall fill those key spine positions will go a long way to deciding how good this Knights team can be in 2022. Apart from Pearce the squad is largely the same but recruit Dane Gagai will partner Bradman Best in a devastating looking centre partnership, which will certainly help their attack as will new halves coach Andrew Johns. However, nothing short of Joey putting on the boots and winding back the clock will help cover for the loss of Pearce. The Knights will have to rely on their forward pack and the brilliance of Kalyn Ponga to offset their lack of star power at hooker and in the halves and as they are some of the most important positions in modern rugby league it could be a bridge too far for this side in 2022.

Why does the media always seem to call him Chad Randall? It's not the first time

mozza91

Coach
There hasn't even been a Chad Randall in the NRL for about 20 years lol
That’s how shit they are. They had to kick James Hooper off the Matty Johns podcast a couple of years ago because he was so out of his depth talking about Rugby League. It was embarrassing how little he actually knew about the game.

Latest posts