What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Eels v Titans GAME DAY THREAD @ CBus Stadium 9/4/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It was a fair try. Also, the bunker review decisions and footage independent of what Fox and 9 are showing us during the broadcast. So while we all thought they jumped the gun, they would have seen that other angle before Fox broadcast it, the ref's were sweet with it. So should we be....

It looked to me that Fifita's left hand touched the touchline.

But we won, so it's all moot.

The boys did us proud tonight they not only had to beat the Tits, but officialdom to boot, the most corrupt performance I’ve seen from officials in my 46 years of following the game, this can’t go on!!!

I suspect that you confuse corruption with poor performance. Unless you have some evidence of corruption...

You also obviously never watched Greg Hartley referee a Parra game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Why I don't want to judge Simmonson till rnd 10. To many on here went off half cocked. But I still remember plenty of players debut here that where not pretty.
I think he is looking good defense wise. And was better under the high ball. Except that short kick off he didn't even make a play.
His attack still needs work and still not completely sold on him. He now looks like an average NRL winger compared to an NRL back up. If everyone was fit right now he still probably isn't in our 17.
Good to see him improving tho

hindy111

Post Whore
I think our issue for now is lack of backs.

Lane will be back next week. Unsure if they play Marata or he gets a game for NSW cup first. But we can cover them ok as forward stocks are ok. Even with Lane and Marata out we have 3 or 4 guys in NSW cup who would be ok on the bench for a 15min stint.

Makatoa I assume was injured as he barely played any minutes?

Rein copped a tough debut. We barely had any ball when he come on but I didn't mind what I saw. His passes looked fine.

Assuming no more injuries by about rnd 10 -12 we should have Sivo,Russel,Blake close to ready again. Best to have these Injuries now then back end of season. And it gives us a chance to see what kids are ready.

Anyone know why Marata,JA,Naiduki didn't play NSW cup?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just watched the Hollbrook interview. They didn't even ask him about Jnr's tackle or the penalty count which is poor given how vocal he was after the last game.

They asked him about them deliberately conceding penalties so they can challenge a decision and he dogged it and said "he didn't know" because "Its difficult to see from the coaches box".

Pissweak effort by all concerned.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't want to judge him, but allow me to make a series of judgements...

If I was coaching a side or bringing in players this is what I would do.
Firstly a time frame and then keep close notes on their progress. I should say I wouldn't give up on them after 5 games. I'd continue to assess their game and development and if I see improvement. After 10 games( for an established Nrl player which Simmonson is) then I would draw a conclusion to exactly what player we have and what his strength and weaknesses are. Best ways to use him and also what we need to do to work on him as a player to improve.

But go ahead and be a smarty pants.

hindy111

Post Whore
Just watched the Hollbrook interview. They didn't even ask him about Jnr's tackle or the penalty count which is poor given how vocal he was after the last game.

They asked him about them deliberately conceding penalties so they can challenge a decision and he dogged it and said "he didn't know" because "Its difficult to see from the coaches box".

Pissweak effort by all concerned.

The thing is its a loophole and they where smart enough to exploit it. Its a stain on the game but if we did it most of us on here would be laughing about it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't want to judge him, but allow me to make a series of judgements...
judge judy GIF

TheParraboy

Staff member
If Waqa out next week, who comes in on the wing?

Cini? Solomone?

Pernham was 18th man yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.