What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stalled and stagnant Sydney clubs

Perth Red

Post Whore
adding another heartland club after 15 years largely because they felt safe as the club had a pokie den isn’t really expansion! it’s safe consolidation of a RL market already held. All we’ve heard for well over a decade is no expansion due to player depth and broken arse clubs.

AdelaideSharky

Juniors
It’s holding back expansion ?

they literally just added that second Brisbane club that everyone has been talking about for 20 years and will be adding team 18 maybe in 2025

The nrl has increased funding to clubs by 35 million pa. So basically no club is ever going to move now all their finances are set. That’s just the reality now
Agreed. The only expansion that will come now is proper expansion in fresh new expansion franchises.

This American style fantasy of relocating clubs simply won't wash and won't work.

Perth Red

Post Whore
M
I think he’s so used to deathriding the nrl even if they got a team he would still be negative as he’s so used to it now
my views on the way the game is run are only partially clouded by lack of expansion into perth. First and foremost I’m a fan of the game and want to see it reach its full potential.

Wb1234

Referee
M

my views on the way the game is run are only partially clouded by lack of expansion into perth. First and foremost I’m a fan of the game and want to see it reach its full potential.
Why not listen to fans of the Australian game that know more about it than you ?

imagine if an Aussie soccer fan went onto a forum about the premier league and tried to tell them there were too many teams in London.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why not listen to fans of the Australian game that know more about it than you ?

imagine if an Aussie soccer fan went onto a forum about the premier league and tried to tell them there were too many teams in London.
Been following the game for over 40 years, half of them in this country, I know a thing or two .

Wb1234

Referee
Been following the game for over 40 years, half of them in this country, I know a thing or two .
How can you follow the game from Perth ? It’s a rugby league desert.

you don’t understand how much we get saturated with rugby league here it’s normal. Imagine living in a city where If you don’t follow rugby league you are considered a bit weird

Perth Red

Post Whore

you don’t understand how much we get saturated with rugby league here it’s normal. Imagine living in a city where If you don’t follow rugby league you are considered a bit weird
Haha, now whose showing their ignorance? NRLWA celebrates its 75th anniversary this year. As for following the game, local comp, sg ball, kayo, HKRTV and ch9 when I must. Usually 3-5 nrl games a year in perth or when I’m over East. Oh and this thing called the Internet, it’s not hard to follow rugby league from any corner of the planet in the 21st century lol.

for a city of over 5 mill that is saturated by rugby league you sure dont show It in club attendances, membership or even tv audience.

siv

First Grade
Haha, now whose showing their ignorance? NRLWA celebrates its 75th anniversary this year. As for following the game, local comp, sg ball, kayo, HKRTV and ch9 when I must. Usually 3-5 nrl games a year in perth or when I’m over East. Oh and this thing called the Internet, it’s not hard to follow rugby league from any corner of the planet in the 21st century lol.

for a city of over 5 mill that is saturated by rugby league you sure dont show It in club attendances, membership or even tv audience.
Exact reason why Perth doesn't need a team

And why the Bears would be a success

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee

imagine there was an afl fan from Newcastle (australia) going onto afl forums and telling them they should kill off some Melbourne teams for a Newcastle afl team.

how do you think they would be perceived.

mongoose

Coach
seriously these morons bagging the English super league ^, as if that's the NRL's competition...

Colk

First Grade

That is one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen for a while. You have heard of the Internet and Pay TV/streaming services right?

Wb1234

Referee
That is one of the most ridiculous posts I have seen for a while. You have heard of the Internet and Pay TV/streaming services right?
Ok you stick to basing your expertise on rugby league due to online interaction lmao