What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wb1234

Referee
Interesting, if NRL had a choice whether to have a stake in Accor or SFS which would you choose? And why...
Sfs is newer.

plus if south’s move to sfs there will be hardly many games at Homebush

I expect down the track the dogs will have the belmore redone

homebush is terrible

if sfs was 65k there would no need for homebush at all

ash the bash

Juniors
Sfs is newer.

plus if south’s move to sfs there will be hardly many games at Homebush

I expect down the track the dogs will have the belmore redone

homebush is terrible

if sfs was 65k there would no need for homebush at all

Now the article mentioned more than one stadium. I agree with you I would certainly choose the SFS over Accor. More anchor tenants as well as revenue earned from better corporate facilities. The other option id look at would be Commbank stadium. With the Tigers looking to go back to suburban grounds maybe incentivise the Bulldogs to move more games to Commbank if the NRL do acquire a stake. I(NRL) would not look to get a stake in Panthers or any of the other mentioned (3) suburban grounds getting upgrades. The NRL is sitting on 180m in cash or thereabouts if I recall correctly.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Now the article mentioned more than one stadium. I agree with you I would certainly choose the SFS over Accor. More anchor tenants as well as revenue earned from better corporate facilities. The other option id look at would be Commbank stadium. With the Tigers looking to go back to suburban grounds maybe incentivise the Bulldogs to move more games to Commbank if the NRL do acquire a stake. I(NRL) would not look to get a stake in Panthers or any of the other mentioned (3) suburban grounds getting upgrades. The NRL is sitting on 180m in cash or thereabouts if I recall correctly.
$124mill. They would get a loan i suspect.

Wb1234

Referee
Ok. Or a deal in kind with some cash for keeping the NRL GF in Sydney. The two stadiums the NRL should look at IMO are SFS and Commbank.
So the nrl doesn’t get the 120 million for the roof but gets that say 20 percent ownership of the sfs ? That would be sweet

Perth Red

Post Whore
So the nrl doesn’t get the 120 million for the roof but gets that say 20 percent ownership of the sfs ? That would be sweet
surely they’d have to pay something for it? govt can’t just give away its assets To a private company.

Wb1234

Referee
surely they’d have to pay something for it? govt can’t just give away its assets To a private company.
It’s a commercial negotiation

nrl doesn’t want the roof on accor the nsw government does.

my guess is it won’t go anywhere it’s just hot air

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Question… what else is a commbank type stadium going to be used for frequently at Penrith?

Parramatta makes perfect sense to me but Penrith doesn’t.

Also before you all freak out…as a sharks fan yep I want the sharks to get money why wouldn’t I but if they proposed a 400M rebuild at shark park I’d say it’s a stupid waste of money. In fact I think I’ve already stated similar in this thread.

Anyway paragraph 1, focus! Thanks.

Wb1234

Referee
Question… what else is a commbank type stadium going to be used for frequently at Penrith?

Also before you all freak out…as a sharks fan yep I want the sharks to get money why wouldn’t I but if they proposed a 400M rebuild at shark park I’d say it’s a stupid waste of money. In fact I think I’ve already stated similar in this thread.

Panthers cheerleaders practice

Perth Red

Post Whore
I

its pork barreling pure and simple. At least an nrl club is benefitting for a chAnge.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Righto then so I’m correct in thinking no one else will frequently use it. Also don’t suggest music concerts… I’m talking tenants using it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Righto then so I’m correct in thinking no one else will frequently use it. Also don’t suggest music concerts… I’m talking tenants using it.
panthers will be sole tenants at this time.

not sure how many events a year a $300mil stadium has to host to be viable but if including depreciation cost it’d be quite a few you would think.

Iamback

Coach

There is no way there will be a brand new stadium just sitting there.
A brand new 5 star hotel will be across the road and 30 min drive to an airport also

NSW Stadiums will make sure there is usage

beave

Coach
panthers will be sole tenants at this time.

not sure how many events a year a $300mil stadium has to host to be viable but if including depreciation cost it’d be quite a few you would think.
Surely they can get it under $300mil? NQ's was about $290 mil all up, the roof structure being cyclone rated would have pushed the price up a bit more. I guess construction costs have gone up considerably the last few years.

QCB is honestly the benchmark for the sub 30k rectangular stadiums in Oz IMO, it's much nicer to watch games at than CBUS, especially with the separation between the top and lower tiers, you can still watch the game when you're getting a feed/drink.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
There is no way there will be a brand new stadium just sitting there.
A brand new 5 star hotel will be across the road and 30 min drive to an airport also

NSW Stadiums will make sure there is usage
You’d think so. Not really on the same page in relation to Airport through, I’m not sure how that helps to be honest.

Iamback

Coach
You’d think so. Not really on the same page in relation to Airport through, I’m not sure how that helps to be honest.

It could help a promoter get someone to add extra show/event

Fly into Sydney

Use SFS.
Penrith the following night - fly out via the new airport and don't lose half a day driving through Sydney

It could help a promoter get someone to add extra show/event

Fly into Sydney

Use SFS.
Penrith the following night - fly out via the new airport and don't lose half a day driving through Sydney
They'd need to do this 4 or 5 times a year. Doable, but a promoter will say "why do that when we can get the same amount of people, and cash by doing one concert bang smack in between both of them at Homebush"
Also ran by the state government.

Latest posts