What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Panthers V Storm

Munky

Coach
I was... and the 80's... Do you have a point or are you just trying to be clever?

Don't dare be critical of the process.

Otherwise you're not a true fan.

The process last time we were premiers had us out of the top 8 within two years and without a finals win for a decade.

Premiership windows are short and we may be at the end of the current one before some squad holes are plugged. The level of engagement by fans is obviously going to be higher when it's not Luke Walsh and Travis Burns directly a team with a pack headlined by Cameron Ciraldo and Clint Newton. A win in those days was great but you didn't expect a premiership.

Expectations are higher for this year, the past decade has shown only elite clubs win comps and we all have opinions on what makes and keeps the team elite.

Iamback

Coach
Good summary that

Good that Cleary being cut but goal kicking and mixing up the kicks is where he needs to improve

NRL.com actually breaks down the kicking types. Sometimes the eye test is a bust

Not on this case

As a team we got no forced drop outs

Taylan grubbered
Cleary did 2
Kiks 1 - Which was a try assist
1 cross field kick
9 bombs

Only 500 kicking metres

Parra was more mixed up kicking game. 700 odd metres too

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

The process last time we were premiers had us out of the top 8 within two years and without a finals win for a decade.

Premiership windows are short and we may be at the end of the current one before some squad holes are plugged. The level of engagement by fans is obviously going to be higher when it's not Luke Walsh and Travis Burns directly a team with a pack headlined by Cameron Ciraldo and Clint Newton. A win in those days was great but you didn't expect a premiership.

Expectations are higher for this year, the past decade has shown only elite clubs win comps and we all have opinions on what makes and keeps the team elite.

good post.

For me we started off very well. Have slowly fallen away sure a few lesser guys are struggling

For me Liam Martin has been terrible
Luai down since the dogs game
Cleary has been down. Particularly the last couple of games.

Putting your head in the sand and ignoring such things makes no sense on a forum amongst fans.

As for the Premiership window. We have let guys like Api go to re-sign Critter and co. time will tell if it was the right decision

We all have our own entitlements. Mine is that fans should show a bit of historical perspective; I appreciate that this p!ssed others off, especially as it comes across as old fans better than new fans.

The entitlement that frustrates me is that Penrith have a god given right to win every single game, and if we don’t there is something wrong that needs to be fixed.

Iamback

Coach
We all have our own entitlements. Mine is that fans should show a bit of historical perspective; I appreciate that this p!ssed others off, especially as it comes across as old fans better than new fans.

The entitlement that frustrates me is that Penrith have a god given right to win every single game, and if we don’t there is something wrong that needs to be fixed.

They should always be looking to get better.
As every team should. Teams shouldn't be peaking in May

Munky

Coach

The thing is I believe Penrith have been that good since the start of the 2020 streak that they were the dominant team in every game featuring Nathan Cleary except one.

Outside of the 2020 GF the team has pounded all comers.

Only the Storm who had it won by half time in the GF and in the 2021 prelim did I have the awful sinking feeling that we wouldn't win. The 2021 prelim is one of the worst watching experiences I've had as a fan. The only equivalent is the penalty shoot out in 2005 for the Socceroos to qualify for the world cup.

Even last week I thought the game was done and dusted fifteen minutes into the second half. Huth was dominating his hit ups, suddenly after a six again call our way and a silly knock on near half way possession was lost. Parra to their credit then controlled possession, scored two quick tries and held the lead to the whistle.

It's not entitlement, it's the reality of the current side. Every position group bar the centres and fullback has a top 2 player in the league (centre is top 5). They are that dominant and should be expected to win every week outside of the Storm.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench
New bandwagon LU fans talking shit about us who were here during the Elliott years is funny
I've been following this club since 1966 and you're by far the worst divulger of crap that I've ever seen. Continually trying to put others down in an effort to make yourself look knowledgeable. You've wasted your time. But I guess your just on the bandwagon...

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I've been following this club since 1966 and you're by far the worst divulger of crap that I've ever seen. Continually trying to put others down in an effort to make yourself look knowledgeable. You've wasted your time. But I guess your just on the bandwagon...

Well said Tom.

The mantra of Penrith will and must win everything by 1,000, to the alternative of the team is shit, and everyone playing in the team is shit. The swing is so wide and it lurches from one extreme to another.

Penrith lost one game, by 2 points. That's all. They were always going to lose a game eventually. Better now in season, that during the finals.

The pontificating by some, is frankly astounding. If you're so knowledgeable and have some great footy brains. For sure you'd be employed by a club for footy analysis and stats.

Or at least coaching a junior team in your local area.

I just see a lot of hot air being expelled.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Haha ok sweetie

WestyLife

First Grade
New bandwagon LU fans talking shit about us who were here during the Elliott years is funny

Have been here since 2015/16 but as I said in another comment. Supported the club 30 years and worked there for a year while living in kingswood.