What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warriorrs R11

Draginzaaar

Bench
If we played Cronulla, Souths, Tigers, Parra, Easts on Sunday 3:00 we’d have a great crowd. NRL scheduling is shit.
Rubbish. We just don't turn up. Stop making excuses. Even if we play NQ, we should fill the joint. I'm sure we have more than 20,000 supporters in Sydney.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Rubbish. We just don't turn up. Stop making excuses. Even if we play NQ, we should fill the joint. I'm sure we have more than 20,000 supporters in Sydney.
We have, those times lines’ like the 6:00 Friday game are rubbish. Kids sports, no tribalism, rivalry or interest ever in a Warriors game and never has been. We get great crowds even in Brisbane, SCG and many big games. Better scheduling, weather and a few wins, we’ll see the crowds. Just my opinion; entitled to yours….

Last edited:

Lovemedragons

Juniors
How was it not a sin binning? Even Walsh thought he was gone with his coy, guilty, peek look at the ref. Just a penalty - we were lucky to get even that under this ref. We do make too many errors though and if we had as much possession and field position as the Warriors we would have scored more I think.

Our discipline still is a lot of work in progress - just got to do the little things right and minimise errors boys and know how to close a game out by managing the game properly. Ben Hunt's field goal attempt with 35 seconds to go was a big no no and luckily we snuffed out the attack of the Warriors as they were passing the ball around like it was a hot potato. So many heart attack plays.
the fg play was appropriate about 3 minutes earlier - but with 40 secs to go it was a stupid play, should've just pinned them down, however saying that, how the hell did he miss the bloody kick ffs, I hope he practices a bit before it really matters!

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
That is no excuse. Newcastle fans turn up if it's freezing cold and they've lost 7 straight. I don't understand why us Dragons fans don't turn up.
Personally, I don't turn up because doing otherwise would be a vote of confidence that the leadership of this club don't deserve.

Still watch on TV because I can't help myself though.

Dragon David

First Grade
One of the unfortunate things about the Warriors, besides several others, is that they have been playing away from most of their fans in NZ for a long time. I don't know what they were getting in crowd numbers over there, maybe not that much still because more would be following Union.

The Warriors players who were born and bred over in NZ have had to put up with a lot of separation from their life back home. I pity them.

Dragon David

First Grade
the fg play was appropriate about 3 minutes earlier - but with 40 secs to go it was a stupid play, should've just pinned them down, however saying that, how the hell did he miss the bloody kick ffs, I hope he practices a bit before it really matters!
Exactly LMD. Hunt had plenty of time and space to kick the FG that's for sure - maybe that was the problem. Some players are better when it is done with limited time and space. Do we have anyone else who can kick FG's? No?! Then bring back Norman hahaha!

RedVee_8

Juniors
Our defence remains woeful.

Our lack of go forward in the forwards prevents fast play the balls and limits our ability to create second phase ball.

For those who felt that the size of the crowd was poor, they should consider:

1. We played the Warriors
2. Team form has been mediocre
3. Our prospects of challenging for a top 6 spot disintegrated very early in the season
4. The weather was as in inviting as our play
And 5. The election was on
6. Saturday 3pm has always been a shit drawing slot

but more people would have been nice. I think the weather was a lot of it especially with large cold and flu numbers.
But yes, our crowds have been too low for years that is what 10 years our fire shit gives you

Brutalitops

Juniors
Just watched the match again and last week's Titans game to boot. There's plenty to work on but I'm finding myself really liking our current team. I mean the little things like how they celebrate together and the general way we are turning up for each other is something I don't think we have done this well in years.

Hunt does so much as captain of this team, a hell of a lot more than most captains in the NRL. The amount of responsibility he takes on solo while our young blokes find their way is impressive. And I really like the way he is always the most excited player when a new recruit gets their first try. We saw it yesterday with Molo, Hunt was genuinely ecstatic for him. Probably my favourite example of this was Amone's first try last year avainst the Dogs.

There's still a lot of potential to unlock in this team and that's actually pretty exciting.

Terrific arm wrestle the last 20 mins.

Griffin gives Bird the most mins yet he probably does the least with them. Hey Bird you are now a backrower so get your hands on the ball and hit it up. Try also being first into the tackle instead of second or third almost every time. Am dumbfounded how he was given a three year extension.

Last edited:
Have noticed that we are now using a distinctly greater attacking game plan past few games. And we are looking better for it. We have been wasting the firepower we have out wide. We also seem to be hitting our combinations with the current spine having far more impact. Tho, still not creating second phase play nor sneeking metres from dummy half.

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Exactly LMD. Hunt had plenty of time and space to kick the FG that's for sure - maybe that was the problem. Some players are better when it is done with limited time and space. Do we have anyone else who can kick FG's? No?! Then bring back Norman hahaha!
Hunt has kicked one fg in his career- part of the reason that compared to what Reynolds and Cherry Evans offer their teams, his $1.2m valuation is dubious to say the least. He's a very good player but not a great player- turns 33 next year and that should be his swan song from SGI.

Dragon David

First Grade
Have noticed that we are now using a distinctly greater attacking game plan past few games. And we are looking better for it. We have been wasting the firepower we have out wide. We also seem to be hitting our combinations with the current spine having far more impact. Tho, still not creating second phase play nor sneeking metres from dummy half.
Good observations baggygreen man.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Two points very much needed.

Sims playing for his SOO spot which is good to see, Suli was a beast and De Belin tackled everything.

Amone taking more on in attack, a nice kick and showing why he's keep his spot and Sullivan progressing with little game time.

Chef Ramsey's best game, set up Lomax and safe as houses at the back.

Get Su'a and McGuire back in the forwards and more time for the kids and Burgess should keep us in the hunt.

possm

Coach
I'd like to see all teams being compelled to field a reserve grade side as the curtain raiser to the NRL game each round. Make it a requirement of the NRL Licence.

The NSW Competition and Qld Cup Competition should be stand-alone competitions for those rugby league clubs that do not have an NRL Licence. In our case, this would mean that Illawarra would be a team I the NRL playing out of Wollongong.

A new stadium for St Geoge playing out of Kogarah Jubilee.

blacksafake

First Grade
Just watched the match again and last week's Titans game to boot. There's plenty to work on but I'm finding myself really liking our current team. I mean the little things like how they celebrate together and the general way we are turning up for each other is something I don't think we have done this well in years.

Hunt does so much as captain of this team, a hell of a lot more than most captains in the NRL. The amount of responsibility he takes on solo while our young blokes find their way is impressive. And I really like the way he is always the most excited player when a new recruit gets their first try. We saw it yesterday with Molo, Hunt was genuinely ecstatic for him. Probably my favourite example of this was Amone's first try last year avainst the Dogs.

There's still a lot of potential to unlock in this team and that's actually pretty exciting.
Good post @Brutalitops, Agree 💯

Latest posts