What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths game

Smacka

Juniors
Haha yeah

Turbo and Latrell? Both hopeless. Munster is just a gym junkie. Tedesco doesn’t know anything about footy.
Oh , yeah - all 3 will be remembered as "Greats". I doubt it. As far as Munster goes - he is a junkie (of sorts).

SBD82

Coach
Oh , yeah - all 3 will be remembered as "Greats". I doubt it. As far as Munster goes - he is a junkie (of sorts).
I think that’s his most impressive quality.

Even on the bags he would still shit all over any player from the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s.

Overseadragon

Juniors
South's first daylight second can't see it ending any other way while we have dad's army on the pitch oh for a coach who actually knows how to coach...........where the f**k do you get one of those while we have a trough full of pigs ..........I have really had enough of this shit this once MIGHtY club is on its knees ,with no light at the end of the tunnel......

Smacka

Juniors
I don't know what you're on but honestly ...
So you don't think Poppa Clay , John Raper or Rod Reddy would have sorted him out ?
It's strange how you'd suggest a drug induced performance from a modern day Player should be compared to achievements of Men who not only performed at the highest level each week but held down full time employment and maintained unquestionnable credibility.
Were you one of the Judges who installed Andrew Johns as an Immortal ? Standards have slipped somewhat.

Illusion

Bench
South's first daylight second can't see it ending any other way while we have dad's army on the pitch oh for a coach who actually knows how to coach...........where the f**k do you get one of those while we have a trough full of pigs ..........I have really had enough of this shit this once MIGHtY club is on its knees ,with no light at the end of the tunnel......
X2

SBD82

Coach
I don't know what you're on but honestly ...
So you don't think Poppa Clay , John Raper or Rod Reddy would have sorted him out ?
It's strange how you'd suggest a drug induced performance from a modern day Player should be compared to achievements of Men who not only performed at the highest level each week but held down full time employment and maintained unquestionnable credibility.
Were you one of the Judges who installed Andrew Johns as an Immortal ? Standards have slipped somewhat.
Sorted him out? I thought we were talking about skill?

And if you think that ecstasy or cocaine is performance enhancing. Well. I mean. That’s just stupid.

TruSaint

Referee
I’m trying to stay pretty positive for this game. I mean …. there’s always a chance of a blackout. If not at the ground maybe my place.

Me tonight

giphy.gif

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I’ve been a fan of Molo but was at the game last week ( what a magnificent stadium !! ) and on more than one occasion he took at least until after the second tackle to get back after kick returns. On two occasions he took until after the 3rd tackle which I thought slack. Good player but perhaps his motor is not what it should be .
I’d suggest it’s in the head rather than the motor. If he knew Bellamy was coach and he’d have to face his wrath at half time after being a slacker then it simply wouldn’t happen, not twice anyway. The coach wears this as he owns the mental attitude of the players as they run onto the field, clearly they aren‘t going out there in the right frame of mind to win games.

Smacka

Juniors
Sorted him out? I thought we were talking about skill?

And if you think that ecstasy or cocaine is performance enhancing. Well. I mean. That’s just stupid.
Sorting him out - getting in his dial , drilling him everytime he got the ball , closing down his options , mopping up his breaks : they're all skills. A decent lock forward would be shadowing his every move.
Munster thrives in the modern game because he does play a bit of adlib & there is no second line of defence. Once a break is made you only have the Fullback to contend with. Watch Munster in any game & you'll see him constantly offside , coralling the attack back toward the ruck & nothing is done. He's also not averse to questionnable tackling techniques which go unpenalised.
Yeah he's one of the better Players at present but a Bloke who resorts to illicit substances off-field I dare say would not think twice about enhancing his playing performance by whatever means. Melbourne have had these issues over time & we dare not mention the links between T. Robinson's Brother , Essendon & Danks. Good luck to B.Smith going to the Roosters - he should have a WOW of a time there (particularly on the Party scene).

SBD82

Coach
Sorting him out - getting in his dial , drilling him everytime he got the ball , closing down his options , mopping up his breaks : they're all skills. A decent lock forward would be shadowing his every move.
Munster thrives in the modern game because he does play a bit of adlib & there is no second line of defence. Once a break is made you only have the Fullback to contend with. Watch Munster in any game & you'll see him constantly offside , coralling the attack back toward the ruck & nothing is done. He's also not averse to questionnable tackling techniques which go unpenalised.
Yeah he's one of the better Players at present but a Bloke who resorts to illicit substances off-field I dare say would not think twice about enhancing his playing performance by whatever means. Melbourne have had these issues over time & we dare not mention the links between T. Robinson's Brother , Essendon & Danks. Good luck to B.Smith going to the Roosters - he should have a WOW of a time there (particularly on the Party scene).
Just to clarify. Are you saying that Munster is juicing? That’s bordering on libel.

Anyway. I’m sure that’s not what you meant.

The truth is that the players from yesteryear might have made it in the NRL. But we’ll never know. The demands of being a full time athlete may have been too much for them.

Older generations like to claim that the younger generation is lazy (the earliest records of this I’ve seen is from Ancient Greece). But the reality is that NRL players today are fitter, faster, stronger and more skilled than ever before. They execute plays at a speed that is miles ahead of their predecessors, which exponentially increases the difficulty.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Yep - you might as well get 17 of the largest , quickest 100-120kgs blokes you can find & tell them just to bulldoze the Opponents. That is the modern game. There are very few Players with good , evasive skills - no O'Connors, Bousteads , Rogers , Kennys , Blacklocks etc.
I remember Masters' Saints in the mid eighties - we had midgets playing - Slippery & Gearin on the wings , Grumpy Haddock at halfback , Chris Guider at Hooker just to name a few. They all had skills & footy nous. Later we got Brownie & Brad Mackay , Mark Coyne & so on : not big blokes but they could play.

Haha yeah

Turbo and Latrell? Both hopeless. Munster is just a gym junkie. Tedesco doesn’t know anything about footy.
Papenhuyzen is huge. And the Walker kid? Hopless.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Every NRL play could use drugs in the off season. We wouldn't know. Yes maybe even our Dragons.