What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

State of origin series

maple_69

Bench
Best game from Cleary since game 1/2 last year, can’t remember which he truly dominated. He’s been a great general for the last year but throw in some great runs, a sexy af kick for the Burto try, bomb of a pass for Toops try and tucking Kalyn in for the night for good measure, he romped the Maroons.

Are u suprised?

Ive said for 12 to 18momths hes best spot will be centre or 2md row.

Having said that you love to hate on luai.....

Hes set up multiple tries this series and scored a blinder tonight.

There is zero doubt in my mind luai is the better 6. I love burts kicking game but hes best feature is just his straight running.

Playing on an edge allows him to do that...

Anyway.... no injuries for our boys🙌
Don’t always (often?) agree with you Girss, but 100% on this one.

I also think if he bulks up he could be awesome as a ball-player through the middle. Imagine Yeo with a kick (and no @Munky, todays ‘touch-finder’ does not demonstrate that the great man can kick…)

I understand your enthusiasm but maybe stretching it a little bit.
I think the individual comparisons is probably stretching, but I also think the team combos we have would make it a close run thing. The beauty about the Panthers is everyone has a job that is matched to their skill set; it is hard to replicate that in a rep setup.

No surprise the attack went better when Teddy got out of the way.

He is useless
I wouldn’t underestimate the value of the metres Teddy made in the first half. The outside backs for QLD were up very quick all night, and Teddy using his fast feet back through the ruck made a lot of metres at the time when the game was in the balance.

I’ve been a critic of Teddy in the past, but today I thought he was one of the blues best (generally they were all good, but Cleary, Paulo and the back three the standouts for me).