What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd17: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Leichhardt Oval 9/7/22

Happy MEel

First Grade
Depends on the circumstances (fail to make finals/first week exit is probably the end of him)….but I would probably let him see out his contract, as I don’t think there is anyone else better at this stage.

the only option I reckon is better is Flanagan, I potentially reckon he would be great for us (from his sharks form, he added that “defensive” edge, we seem to be lacking” / plus he hasn’t coached at a club with “resources”) but there seems something about him we don’t know as clubs seem to be over looking him..

I reckon CC may be overrated by the media and he hasn’t coach anywhere else except the panthers so hasn’t experienced the lows that come with coaching…

If BA sees out his contract and we decide to look elsewhere, I reckon a potential option could be Young, he is highly rated and has coached at more then one club (so knows the lows and highs)….and also rep sides …

I also think Kearney could be an option, hasnt had much luck always going to clubs with poor rosters but seems to be rated !
Fair enough. But that’s where we differ. I wouldn’t waste another year on a 9 year coach in charge of a team that has plateaued or potentially gone backwards from a level that hasn’t really challenged for a title.

The Predictor

Juniors
The sin bin try was vital, and that turned the game. Match likely would have been a struggle without the 15 mins that followed. Defence still too soft at key times. Attack still too inconsistent. Too mistake ridden in both attack and defence tonight to be confident about our ability to challenge all top 4 teams on their day.

Moses did ok today though - but when can we have more than one of our four spine players having a good game in the same match?

One newspaper review recokoned RCG sent a message to Freddy... but I reckon failing to break 100m running in 57mins against the team running 15th/16th isn't the message I was hoping for. Hope Paulo and Matterson pull through ok.
I don’t think Fittler got that message, RCG was smashed

The Predictor

Juniors
Nuikore really looks gassed lately.
No way he starts ahead of Matto.
I'd rather make a SOS call out to Will Smith than have blame it on the rein. (I understand he recently left the Titans for compassionate reasons and is back in Sydney or NSW)
We do need a utility on the bench but reality is we don't have one at the club who can capably play that role at the moment.
With limited options I would still have Cartwright there. I think he would warm the bench better than opacic as he's a bigger body. (Can also play, 2nd row, lock, 5/8 and centre)
He’s been terrible all season

The Predictor

Juniors
Cini always puts up incredible numbers in NSW. Was let go by the struggling Tigers and can’t get a start in our side even though our backline is up in the air. What’s the deal?
🤷🏼‍♂️ I’d still give him a go, couldn’t be worse than BS and WP at the moment

Soto

Bench
If we’re going to do anything at the end of the season Penisini needs to be in the team. It’s probably too late to replace Simonsson as well.
Tend to agree.
Only feasible change is Waqa right wing and Opacic left centre.
Waqa needs early ball or doing hit ups from the backfield.
Simonsson and Penisini have both been a bit off lately but that's also across the team as well.
Some massive games coming up so this will test them

IFR33K

Coach
If we’re going to do anything at the end of the season Penisini needs to be in the team. It’s probably too late to replace Simonsson as well.

if we’ve learnt anything, we should know Ba is very reluctant to make change. Remember sivo, Blake, fergo and MJ from years ago. They all struggled at some point and he kept persisting.

Nuikore really looks gassed lately.
No way he starts ahead of Matto.
I'd rather make a SOS call out to Will Smith than have blame it on the rein. (I understand he recently left the Titans for compassionate reasons and is back in Sydney or NSW)
We do need a utility on the bench but reality is we don't have one at the club who can capably play that role at the moment.
With limited options I would still have Cartwright there. I think he would warm the bench better than opacic as he's a bigger body. (Can also play, 2nd row, lock, 5/8 and centre)
I like someone on the bench that can capably fill in at 9 and even provide a threat to tiring defence if he only gets limited minutes and I think Rein can do that. By reports he had a good game yesterday too. And Mahoney hasn't exactly been great so less footy might help.
As for Matterson starting from the bench I don't see it as an issue. It seems to be where he's shown his best form for us. And I'd definitely have Cartwright over Opacic but who the eff knows what's going on there.

Latest posts