What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 18 vs Manly @ 4 Pines Park, Brookvale

Who will win? Round 18: Manly v Newcastle

• Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For the first time in a very long time I feel like there is nothing to look forward to with this team.
Absulote no chance of top 8, injuries and no real prospects of anyone we can blood as replacements.
We'll just plod along.
Gibbs in for Tuala
Talty in for Jones

Both those lads looked great in Cup today and have for most of the games I've seen them play.

Would like to see Huth have a crack too for a short spell off the bench

ryan.a87

Juniors
Gibbs in for Tuala
Talty in for Jones

Both those lads looked great in Cup today and have for most of the games I've seen them play.

Would like to see Huth have a crack too for a short spell off the bench
Seasons over….I’d probably wait a week before giving cup players a crack at first grade…..getting 60 out on them by roosters is going to destroy their confidence

at least after then we play 2 teams who are actually worst than us

Seasons over….I’d probably wait a week before giving cup players a crack at first grade…..getting 60 out on them by roosters is going to destroy their confidence

at least after then we play 2 teams who are actually worst than us
Well with Young, Frizzel and Sasagi probably out with injuries we may not have a choice

Clune didn't do much of that organisation he is supposed to be in for.
Milf took on the kicking too much.
We might as well put Clifford in and see if we can get a decent kicking game out of him.

Old dog

Juniors
Effort was there but results not, forwards outplayed and backs struggled with few exceptions.
Forwards had Fitz in top 3 so we were bad, I liked nothing about Saf x 2, Barnett and somebody needs to use Thompson as a middle or wide not a bit each way. Ponga and Young while on did ok but Gags, Tuala and Lee looked out of sorts. halves, Milf was worst game for us and Clune gives his all but not a top 1st grader
Time for changes, bring in players with view to next season, find out now if keeping or leaving.
Left Field thought, does Klem do too much and do others sit back and let him, does he sometimes get the ball and charge forward when throwing it wider is better opportunity.
Are we caught up by stats, runs and meters gained

slotmachine

First Grade
Peak AOB is kicking to the 7ft tall Saab all night when he didn't look like dropping one and Dom is off injured.

What a muppet, can't deviate from the plan.

He's probably blaming the loss on Mann being injured

The sad thing is there are no "right halves" available that we're a realistic shot of getting.
There were last year though and we completely mismanaged everything. Hynes, Burton, Reynolds etc. Any one of those would have made a world of difference at our dump.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Effort was there but results not, forwards outplayed and backs struggled with few exceptions.
Forwards had Fitz in top 3 so we were bad, I liked nothing about Saf x 2, Barnett and somebody needs to use Thompson as a middle or wide not a bit each way. Ponga and Young while on did ok but Gags, Tuala and Lee looked out of sorts. halves, Milf was worst game for us and Clune gives his all but not a top 1st grader
Time for changes, bring in players with view to next season, find out now if keeping or leaving.
Left Field thought, does Klem do too much and do others sit back and let him, does he sometimes get the ball and charge forward when throwing it wider is better opportunity.
Are we caught up by stats, runs and meters gained
Not left field in my estimation.

I watched at club, big screen, very minimal sound, but I can’t recall seeing DSaf participate once.

Twins looked average again tonight. Klemmer comfortably outplays them every single week. Frustrating fact is that they're both capable of so much more. In fact, there are 4 or 5 players in the side who play their best footy in other teams. Gagai, Ponga, Dan & Jacob Saifiti all play totally differently in rep sides and when you look at their performances, they have nothing to do with the players around them. It's all individual mindset.

So...how bad is AOB really?

Not left field in my estimation.

I watched at club, big screen, very minimal sound, but I can’t recall seeing DSaf participate once.
Re: Klemmer. He does a lot because no one else does. He either busts his ring or we get an extra 12-18 points on us each week. He'd look like a weapon in a good pack (see Bulldogs/NSW) because he could be more selective with how he applies his energy.

He does what he does because he has to. This is one real BAD side.

macavity

Referee
Good to be brought back to earth after the high of Wednesday (QLDer).
So disappointed with that 2nd half performance. Defence is atrocious.
Milf is not showing much to make me want to keep him. Yes we need halves, but we need the right halves.
I didn’t even get angry during the match, just kept asking myself “wtf” every time Manly made beaks or offloads at will.

how does a Queenslander end up supporting us?

we natives don’t have a choice… you had a choice and you chose this?

He certainly is our best every week but definitely a different style of player to when he was at the Doggiiss. He was an angry wrecking ball before but now he's a workhorse.
Nah he's been that for us too, we just have noone pushing up with him and he is carrying his fellow props

Today is the first time I've seen him smiling after a loss though and that worries me

Latest posts