What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.18 v WT

Kilkenny

Coach
Only watched the first 35 minutes at the Ori in Springwood.

wife and I had another Covid rescheduled show, Robertson Brothers, when we left the pub it was 12-4 and I thought we were pretty good, should have been out of sight.

As I now see the WT scored from Adam D late on to make it 12-10 at HT.

Will watch the second half-tomorrow, even if it wasn’t that great from all accounts.

Im really pleased to have got the two points.

WestyLife

First Grade
Only watched the first 35 minutes at the Ori in Springwood.

wife and I had another Covid rescheduled show, Robertson Brothers, when we left the pub it was 12-4 and I thought we were pretty good, should have been out of sight.

As I now see the WT scored from Adam D late on to make it 12-10 at HT.

Will watch the second half-tomorrow, even if it wasn’t that great from all accounts.

Im really pleased to have got the two points.

Not too bad just lots of errors though commbank is terrible for moisture so probably partly to blame.

Kilkenny

Coach
Not too bad just lots of errors though commbank is terrible for moisture so probably partly to blame.
I thought we were very good in the first 30 minutes and the game could have been over if we had capitalised on our opportunities and field position.

It is rather surreal to look at the NRL ladder, to see we are 16-1, 8 points ahead of second place and yet we don’t seem satisfied. Maybe that’s a good thing. I don't know.

Anyway the real competition starts now, and while it would appear likely we have the minor premiership wrapped up I think we need to start stamping our authority. We have been in second gear for some time now and perhaps it is time to demonstrate our credentials Starting this a Saturday against the Sharks. The Sharks could potentially be our first round semi final opponents so it would be good to do a number on th‘em.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
I thought we were very good in the first 30 minutes and the game could have been over if we had capitalised on our opportunities and field position.

True but still a lot to be happy with. Falls mysteriously went missing and Salmon shifted to 6 which hurt.

Kilkenny

Coach
True but still a lot to be happy with. Falls mysteriously went missing and Salmon shifted to 6 which hurt.
Will Dylan earn any Dally M points from today? His stats looked pretty good

Charlies running metres were top notch today, he looked really good in the first 30 minutes that I saw although I’m not sure why he came in on defence which led to the WT opening try. We appeared to have the movement covered and it didn’t appear Charlie needed to come in of his man. Haven’t watched a replay yet but thought Jennings had things under control.

WestyLife

First Grade

Charlies running metres were top notch today, he looked really good in the first 30 minutes that I saw although I’m not sure why he came in on defence which led to the WT opening try. We appeared to have the movement covered and it didn’t appear Charlie needed to come in of his man. Haven’t watched a replay yet but thought Jennings had things under control.

It was like that all game.

Dyl should've got the 3.

Smug Panther

First Grade

3 points without a doubt

WestyLife

First Grade
That’s exciting. Dylan was a little way behind Hunt but I am excited to see Dylan polling so well. He so deserves it.

It was the best I've ever seen him as a ball player. The way he moved and looked for opportunities was almost like a half. Now he didn't do a lot of playmaking but I thought he was playing half at times.

The Realist

Juniors

Lack of trust in his inside defender. TBH it looked as though the WT player would break through the Jennings tackle…and he nearly did.

The Realist

Juniors
I have no clue why he isn't getting the minutes. My big hope is Ivan does have a pretty good strike rate in development. For him to give up on Spencer would be very much out of character

He has ‘given up’ on plenty of players before. Let’s not pretend he is some sort of Bennett who can turn around troubled players as well as getting players playing to their next level.

Most of the time though, he gives up on players due to discipline/attitude problems which is fair enough.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
Lack of trust in his inside defender. TBH it looked as though the WT player would break through the Jennings tackle…and he nearly did.
I’ll watch it again. On first look thought Charlie should have just stayed on his man but it means nothing now, we got the job done and got the two points. Very happy.

The Realist

Juniors
I don't think Luke is up to it either but it would be nice to find out
I’d rather not ‘find out’ since this would entail unnecessary losses.

The dude is 27 now and still hasn’t put on that 5-10 Kg of extra muscle that would help him with the defensive work load and also assist him in become a little more durable.

Api is short, and not particularly big but he still has a good amount of muscle that is necessary for a 1st Grade Hooker and he still retains his speed. Luke is too small.

Kilkenny

Coach
I’d rather not ‘find out’ since this would entail unnecessary losses.

The dude is 27 now and still hasn’t put on that 5-10 Kg of extra muscle that would help him with the defensive work load and also assist him in become a little more durable.

Api is short, and not particularly big but he still has a good amount of muscle that is necessary for a 1st Grade Hooker and he still retains his speed. Luke is too small.
Mitch Kenny is a far better player than he is given credit for.

Vastly under rated in my opinion.

The Realist

Juniors
Apart from that first defensive f**k up Staines had a good game, good to see him in some space

I think that it is harsh giving it to Staines for that defensive decision. You see at least a dozen of those a week at NRL level and don’t blink. Was a good shift by the Tigers & well executed.

I agree he looked very good and seemed to have space to unleash his speed. He is definitely a first grader, just not with us. I like him and wish him all the best in his future.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think that it is harsh giving it to Staines for that defensive decision. You see at least a dozen of those a week at NRL level and don’t blink. Was a good shift by the Tigers & well executed.

I agree he looked very good and seemed to have space to unleash his speed. He is definitely a first grader, just not with us. I like him and wish him all the best in his future.
Watching it live, I must confess I thought what was he doing. The commentators seemed to agree but at the end of the day, we ground out a victory so all good.

Black Panther

Juniors
Have you seen what our win loss record over the last 2.5 seasons is when Kenny has started at 9?
Easy for a bloke to look good in a great team. Penriths record over the last 2.5 years is unbelievable, can’t gauge Kenny on our win rate. Not many teams in history have gone as good as Penrith have over that amount of time.