What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 21/7/22

84 Baby

Referee
That’s the season gone for mine.

If we don’t win 1 of the next 2 we’ll be 9th/10th and I wouldn’t tip us to trouble either of Penrith or Manly

we miss the 8 and BA MUST be sacked. Not even a question or consideration.

I’d be making a last ditch call to Ciraldo. I know he’s apparently a done deal for the Dogs, but it’s worth a shot.
Rebuild already well under way at Dogs, why would Ciraldo want to come here to facilitate ours?

Chipmunk

Coach
My impression is that there is something wrong with our leadership structure. It looks like the guys designated as leaders aren't actually respected by the group, like I suspect the case is with gutherson. Having him as the main guy or teacher's pet could easily lead to disharmony and lack of effort. The way he spoke about Mahoney having an easy job last week and just needs to do what he's told really spoke volumes to me. Moses has been similarly dismissive. At the very least there is a lack of respect there. Anyway, bugger.
I suspect there was more to Mahoneys decision to leave than just money.

the phantom menace

First Grade
We’re a team that hasn’t had a genuine leader for a quarter century. The thing about Gutherson previously was that he seemed to always be the guy putting in. Looking at him at the moment, he seems afraid of contact, his attack has gone to shit, and he’s become shockingly unsafe at the back. If he’s putting in those sort of efforts, and has the gall to spray his teammates when they make errors themselves, how could there not be disharmony?
Agree totally. Gutherson's effort tonight - in defence at the back, and in attack - was mostly absent compared to what you'd expct of a leader (or even an experienced/senior non-debutante fullback).

Need a change in leadership group for next season - Hodgson (I guess that's what we signed him for?), Matterson, Dylan Brown can take over... would be nice to have one more senior player/leader out wide.

strider

Post Whore
Everyone does. Our middle is only a strength in attack. In defence it's a liability.
Well no, RCG and Matto should be two of the best middle defenders in the comp. Yeah Paulo isnt mr mobile and Reed seems to have turned into a bit of s speed hump. Maka is a plodder in attack but can hold his own for his minimal minutes in defense.

I think our problem is we have lost our enforcer and line speed ... Nrown ... and its not just bad team selecrion, Nrown did go off the boil.